Forums

Topic: Illumination Mario Movie

Posts 141 to 160 of 409

Snatcher

I think the only people who are going to sing, might be peach and bowser, bowser is 100% since jack black said he is.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

Wow I can't believe we all are in agreement on this.
Untitled
(sarcasm)

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

As long as it isn’t a full on musical I will be fine. I can skip through a few of them if I need to.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Eel

Ah! That’s it! That’s what was missing from the teaser. A establishing shot with a tacked on pop song, every animated movie trailer needs one of those.

Missed opportunity.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

StarPoint

@Eel In the back of my mind, I was expecting an Imagine Dragons song to be playing in the background. I would have died.

Very glad they used original music instead.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

VoidofLight

I feel like Nintendo probably kept Illumination on a tight leash, given the animation quality looks leaps and bounds better than what they usually do for their movies, and most of the voice cast we've heard doesn't seem to feel outright generic like many movies with celebrity voice actors.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

I heard the same thing happened with that Peanuts movie from a few years ago (which I wanna say was Blue Sky) that it worked based on them being very on-hands to make sure it felt true to the series.

Eel wrote:

Ah! That’s it! That’s what was missing from the teaser. A establishing shot with a tacked on pop song, every animated movie trailer needs one of those.
Missed opportunity.

Fittingly, I just rewatched the Wreck it Ralph trailer recently, which has a Flo Rida song from the year that movie came out. And then the other trailer had I think Some Nights by fun. What absolutely bizarre choices.

StarPoint wrote:

In the back of my mind, I was expecting an Imagine Dragons song to be playing in the background. I would have died.

To be fair, not only have they already done the theme for an amazing video game adaptation in Arcane but this happened:

I'm pretty sure no one but me even remembers this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tounushi

I'm honestly feeling positive about the movie. Mind you, I've been consuming Mario media since at least '92, so I've watched the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and even still have a few tapes of it with the cartoon parts dubbed in Finnish (and oddly no subs for the live-action portions), and I have the live-action movie on VHS as well.
So Martinet's style isn't the only way I hear Mario or Luigi.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

PrinsPaddestoel

I don't think Mario is going to be rescuing Peach in this movie - it's high time to lay that tired sexist trope to rest.

PrinsPaddestoel

jump

@PrinsPaddestoel I agree, Mario should take over as the princess of the kingdom. He's earnt the title of Princess far more than Peach ever has!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Keveseunie

@jump
I mean, Mario sure loves his flowers, so...

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

jedgamesguy

VoidofLight wrote:

I feel like Nintendo probably kept Illumination on a tight leash, given the animation quality looks leaps and bounds better than what they usually do for their movies, and most of the voice cast we've heard doesn't seem to feel outright generic like many movies with celebrity voice actors.

This is the only way I can see this happening. There's no way the movie would look this good and have such quality voices. Nintendo being strict with how Illumination tackles this project, if true, is only gonna make the final movie better since Illumination has a strong precedent for saving money by cutting corners animation-wise, and hiring celebrities over talented voice actors. Granted most of the time it works out but this film's casting has really paid off... mostly. I'll need to hear more lines from Mario to damn it fully but I'm not quite sold yet on Chris Pratt's voice.

Jack Black's a superstar and is a very talented and energetic actor so I knew it was gonna be a great casting. I'm already blown away. See how Luigi and Peach do, but Keegan Michael-Key as Toad also destroyed my expectations, he can do a realy good Toad voice! He has some range; anyone seen his Key and [Jordan] Peele sketches? He's so good at comedy.

I'd be damned if I didn't go and watch this day 1 in the cinema. Because the animation and lighting, the detail in the characters and landscapes, is just amazing. If this works, this could be the beginning of something massive. I so, so hope it works. It WILL!!! LET'S GO!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

StarPoint

I will try my hardest to see this on day 1. It's hard to plan that far in advance, but this is something that my friends and I are genuinely looking forward to now. At first, we were just sort of memeing it like Minions 2 or something, but after that trailer we are actually excited about it.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

Just a thing to note, the UK version of the Direct has "In Cinemas Soon" rather than "In Cinemas April 7"

(33:48 in the video)

Just figured it would be important to note that the Direct didn't confirm the release date for Europe.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sunsy

@Kermit1Pineapple Yup, at 2PM PT according to the post itself

Join us at 2:00 p.m. PT on 11/29 for the world premiere of The Super Mario Bros. Movie’s second trailer! No game information will be included in this #NintendoDirect.

Nintendo Life already reported it. I posted that Instagram link 3 minutes after Nintendo posted.

Let's say I have an insider minion who works for bananas. I wish

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Kermit1Pineapple D.K.... Donkey Kong!

I still want a minion and Donkey Kong to fight over a banana, even if it's for the Illumination logo, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic