Forums

Topic: Your All Time Favourite Movies?

Posts 121 to 140 of 198

Kermit1doesmath

@Truegamer79 I've seen half of that whole list, minus Rocky, Gremlins, Rambo, All dogs go to heaven and Aliens...

(minus being the ones I have not seen)

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Truegamer79

@Kermit1
It was a heck of a time to be alive and going to the movies i can tell you that! The early 90s weren't bad either.

Truegamer79

BruceCM

How can you talk about 80s films without Arnold Schwarzenegger ....? & Die Hard? Aliens? Etc

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

@BruceCM Wait, was Arnie an extra in Die Hard and Aliens as I don’t remember seeing him in those? ;p

They look like a Stallone fan and you have to pick one side, not both. It was the 80s rivalry equivalent of Taylor Swift vs Kayne West or The Rock vs Vin Diesel or Conor McGregor vs Machine Gun Kelly from today!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump
Arnie plays the building in Die Hard

Rambler

jump

@Rambler And to think some people actually doubt Arnie's acting range!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

For Vs films they really should make

Rambo Vs Rimbaud

It'll be like Kramer Vs Kramer but with poetical weaponry

Rambler

gcunit

jump wrote:

@gcunit Matthew McConaughey has a pretty solid body of work mixing both high and low brow stuff so I'm surprised you don't know him better. Like Dallas Buyers Club, Interstellar, True Detective, A Time to Kill, How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days, The Gentlemen and Magic Mike all came to my mind and I'm pretty sure I can name another 5-10 films I've seen him if I really tried.

Out of that list, I've only seen Dallas Buyers Club, which was decent enough to watch right through. I think I tried Interstellar once but didn't get far into it, can't remember why. Same with Mud. About the only others I can think of are the Sing movies. I don't think I've got anything against the dude, but have never taken to him enough to seek out his work.

jump wrote:

Thing is I wouldn't say Days & Confused is really that special of a movie imo. It's just the teen stoner comedy for that generation which they happened to watch and liked which is (probably) why it made it on their personal list. If it was 10 years later it would be Harold & Kumar, if it was 20 years later it would be Pineapple Express or 10 years earlier it would be Cheech & Chong. Plus with the rise of so many indie dramedies now young adults can find more personal/better coming of age movies than just making do with the one that was released at the time of them hitting the right age bracket.

Thanks for listing these films. While I've only seen one of them (Pineapple Express), I think you've done enough to convince me it's not particularly worth my time. I had been starting to bite having gone to YouTube to watch a trailer after seeing it mentioned in this thread, and the YouTube comments were all overwhelmingly positive, but that tends to be the case for most films.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit Forget Days & Confused, you need to start binging McConaughey like right now!!!

@Rambler To make it be fair they should really arm Stallone with poetry and Rimbaud with explosives.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

BruceCM

Rambler wrote:

@jump
Arnie plays the building in Die Hard

He definitely should have done that ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoDad

Lots of great movies mentioned.

'making my list of movies to watch / re-watch. LOL. I saw The Adventures of Baron Munchausen on someone's list. Great movie IMHO. And I saw Leon The Professional mentioned as well.

Here are some of my all time favourites that I didn't see mentioned yet . . .

The Game (Michael Douglas and Sean Pean)
The Efficiency Expert (Anthony Hopkins and a young Russel Crowe, Toni Collette and Ben Mendelsohn)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Paul Newman and Robert Redford)
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (The original with Steve Martin and Michael Caine)
The Brothers Bloom (Rachel Weise, Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo)
Employee of the Month (Dane Cook, Jessica Simpson and Dax Shepard)
Trading Places (Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy)
The Italian Job (Both the original and the new one)
Pixels
Ready Player One

These are movies that I liked so much, that I went and got the DVD so I could watch them whenever I want! LOL. For Leon The Professional and The Fifth Element I actually hunted down the Superbit copy! LOL.

NintendoDad

Rambler

jump wrote:

@Rambler To make it be fair they should really arm Stallone with poetry and Rimbaud with explosives.

Rimbaud was an actual gun runner in his later years. Talk about retraining.

Rambler

dmcc0

gcunit wrote:

It does look very American, and I'm not sure, being (a) not American, and (b) not a weed smoker, whether the key hooks the film offers up are designed with me in mind.

I'm none of those things either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming Dazed & Confused it to be a cinematic masterpiece or anything like that, it's just something I remember really liking when I first saw it, and have seen loads of times since.

One thing that sticks out about it for me is that it doesn't really build towards a big climax, there's no big drama, nothing spectacular happening, no main character being the hero or anything like that - it's just a chill movie about what these kids got up to on their last day of school. The soundtrack is pretty decent too if you're into 70s rock.

dmcc0

Rambler

McConaughey's best role is in the Beach Bum, where he plays himself (sorta)

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Clearly you've not seen Magic Mike!

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

That gif is unsettling

Rambler

jump

@Rambler It's missing his Southern accent.

I'm not joking if anyone ever gets a chance to see Magic Mike in the cinema just go. There will be a load of loud and rowdy women seeing it too and it will completely change the experience of the movie like seeing a swear along with the South Park movie or The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Ah, they might be overcome by my extraordinarily good looks and defined body and might miss the film

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic