Gozu
The Wicker Man
Shoplifters
Leave No Trace
8 1/2
Weekend

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Yeah, Nicholas Cage kills it in Wicker Man. God damn that boy can elevate anything he's in to a masterpiece! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Rambler Did autotype accidently change Nicolas Cage into Jack Nicholson when you were searching for a picture?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

That's Alan Whicker!

If you've never seen Whicker's World, you've never lived.

Rambler

Rambler

That might be an overstatement

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Yeah I know. I was doing a lol troll but don't tell me he doesn't look like latter day Jack!

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Argh!
'89 Batman would be so much better with his voice for the Joker

Rambler

gcunit

I know I'm technically an old guy now, and my move into gaming as my default entertainment source coincided with paying less attention to film, but it baffles me how many film titles I don't even recognise in this thread. I don't think I'd even heard of Dazed and Confused, certainly never seen anything of it, but it sounds like I should give it a go sometime (even if the trailer doesn't particularly draw me in).

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit Days & Confused is an old timers film though.

It was a 90s stoner comedy. I thought it was fine but I doubt I will ever watch it again.

Nicolai wrote:

gcunit

@jump I realise, hence I gave it special mention. Though I've never been a stoner, so do wonder how much it will resonate with me.

jump

@gcunit Well if you’re gonna start then I would suggest to find a better movie to bake to! ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Dude where's my car would be the obvious choice in that case

Rambler

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit Dazed and Confused, I think it's where Matthew McConaughey had his breakout role, or at least the role that started bringing him fame - partly based on Matt McConaughey's own laid back, texan personality. It's about freshman and seniors at the end of their school year at a high school in rural texas circa late 1970s. It's kind of a slice of Americana, even if it's a bit before my time. It also features a young Ben Afleck, who plays a spectacular a55hole. lol. XD - he bullies some freshmen. The movie is a drama with some funny stuff. It's entertaining. It thought it was fun back in the day. It was a fairly popular movie in the US. Yeah, there's some smoking and drinking in it - as teens, or young adults may do.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes The trailer makes it look like American Graffiti On Weed. It does look very American, and I'm not sure, being (a) not American, and (b) not a weed smoker, whether the key hooks the film offers up are designed with me in mind. American Graffiti looks like the more 'universal' version, and what with serving up the triple bill of George Lucas, Han Solo and Richie Cunningham, I couldn't say no. But Matthew McConaughey...? I don't particularly follow his work. Now if it was Owen Wilson on the other hand... wow!

Edited on by gcunit

jump

@gcunit Matthew McConaughey has a pretty solid body of work mixing both high and low brow stuff so I'm surprised you don't know him better. Like Dallas Buyers Club, Interstellar, True Detective, A Time to Kill, How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days, The Gentlemen and Magic Mike all came to my mind and I'm pretty sure I can name another 5-10 films I've seen him if I really tried.

Thing is I wouldn't say Days & Confused is really that special of a movie imo. It's just the teen stoner comedy for that generation which they happened to watch and liked which is (probably) why it made it on their personal list. If it was 10 years later it would be Harold & Kumar, if it was 20 years later it would be Pineapple Express or 10 years earlier it would be Cheech & Chong. Plus with the rise of so many indie dramedies now young adults can find more personal/better coming of age movies than just making do with the one that was released at the time of them hitting the right age bracket.

Nicolai wrote:

Truegamer79

I'm an 80's kid so let's see i could be here all day. Hey it was an awesome decade! Here goes!

Star wars
Ghostbusters
Gremlins
Karate kid
Rocky
Rambo
ET
Indiana jones
Goonies
Back to the future
Willow
Labyrinth
Transformers 86
All dogs go to heaven
Aliens
Crocodile dundee

I'd list more but I'm starting to go cross eyed just trying to remember all the great movies from my time!

Edited on by Truegamer79

Truegamer79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic