Forums

Topic: Whats your Avatar?

Posts 121 to 140 of 4,448

Sean_Aaron

Myself in Istanbul listening to the recording of the muzzeins singing the afternoon prayers from the loudspeakers on the Aya Sofya I had just made (and which I use for a wake up alarm when I'm on a business trip).

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Kim_Jong-Il

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Myself in Istanbul listening to the recording of the muzzeins singing the afternoon prayers from the loudspeakers on the Aya Sofya I had just made (and which I use for a wake up alarm when I'm on a business trip).

What's an aya sofya, and how do you make something that plays sound???

Kim_Jong-Il

Sean_Aaron

The Aya Sofya is also known as the Santa Sophia (or Hagia Sophia); it's a massive mosque which was the main church of Eastern Orthodox Christianity before the Turks conquered the Anatolian peninsula. One of the biggest tourist attractions in Istanbul. Whilst it's not been a working mosque since 1935 they still broadcast the daily prayers from the minnarets surrounding it.

I recorded the start of the prayers (Allahu akhbar!) on my Nokia 6288 on my last trip there.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Kim_Jong-Il

Sean+Aaron wrote:

The Aya Sofya is also known as the Santa Sophia (or Hagia Sophia); it's a massive mosque which was the main church of Eastern Orthodox Christianity before the Turks conquered the Anatolian peninsula. One of the biggest tourist attractions in Istanbul. Whilst it's not been a working mosque since 1935 they still broadcast the daily prayers from the minnarets surrounding it.

I recorded the start of the prayers (Allahu akhbar!) on my Nokia 6288 on my last trip there.

OHHHHHHHH!!!!
You made the recording of the Aya Sofya! Your comment made it sound like you made the Aya Sofya, which I thought was some sort of chanting device. That clears things up a bit.

Kim_Jong-Il

Slapshot

Mine would be the logo for the Atlanta Thrashers. Me and my wife drive 5 hours a couple of times each year to see them play. Yeah I know they aren't the best team in the world, but Im still crazy about my team. Got to love the under dogs, and not to mention our goalie Kari Lehtonen freakin rocks.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

retired_account

BubbMan, an entirely fictional character made and drawn by moi.

retired_account

ND799

I played a lot of competitive smash with Yoshi back in the hayday of Melee and Brawl. The SM is my e-mail adress acronym

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein on the Wii

y2josh

Deadpool, used to be Chris Jericho

y2josh

theblackdragon

Jerichoholic+Josh wrote:

that's all right, i think it's still fairly obvious you're a Jericho fan

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MoogleMuffins

Jerichoholic+Josh wrote:

Well since you replaced your avatar with Deadpool, I guess you avatar will never......EVVVVEEEERRRRRRR be the same...again!

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

y2josh

hahaha, yes it is pretty obvious that I'm a fan. Nice reference there locke, that was my favorite Jericho. When he had all the witty lines and catch phrases lol. Now he's just a jerk who he doesn't even want his fans to like . I saw him at a house show when he first came back to "save us". I was front seats and he looked at me and I told him he was my hero and then he jumped up on the ring apron and done his poses for pictures, oh yeah. lol, I'm kind of a loser, I know haha.

y2josh

Kim_Jong-Il

Jerichoholic+Josh wrote:

Wait, that's not Spiderman? I just realised!

Kim_Jong-Il

MoogleMuffins

Jerichoholic+Josh wrote:

hahaha, yes it is pretty obvious that I'm a fan. Nice reference there locke, that was my favorite Jericho. When he had all the witty lines and catch phrases lol. Now he's just a jerk who he doesn't even want his fans to like . I saw him at a house show when he first came back to "save us". I was front seats and he looked at me and I told him he was my hero and then he jumped up on the ring apron and done his poses for pictures, oh yeah. lol, I'm kind of a loser, I know haha.

I dont think your a loser mate. I actully love him as a heel to be honest, it's just a shame nobody embraced him when he returned. I've gone mad over Wrestlers at house shows myself, I managed to actully shake hands with Mr Kennedy, Tommy Dreamer and Chris Benoit at a show about two years ago. Of course I felt a bit strange after what Benoit did, and Kennedy has just be released!

]

theblackdragon

@Josh: that sucks; hopefully he was just playing up his new character. i was kinda excited to see him back, but he went too quick from 'saving us' from Orton to 'saving us' from ourselves. he's just no fun anymore.

but hey, at least you got to go to a show! :3

@Locke: what?!??? he just came back on Monday, didn't he? no way! DDDDD:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

MoogleMuffins

Yep apprantly he injured his wrist during the RKO Orton gave him.

And also nearly hurt Orton's head during one of the moves. I don't know the full details to be honest with you though, I must say I am shocked like many others.

]

theblackdragon

I suppose we'll find out soon enough. i just hope they didn't find him in violation of the Talent Wellness Program again.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

MoogleMuffins

Well even if that was the case it would have bee his 2nd strike and you need three strikes to be released. That why everyone was worried about Jeff Hardy getting a 3rd strike, but it doesn't really matter since he is not renewing his contract with the WWE or so I've heard.

]

LGamer

Mine is (my favourite character) Waluigi on (the standard) bike in Mario Kart Wii.

Whaahaa! Waluigi number one! - His best (and only) tag.

Go ahead... make my day!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic