Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,296

Tyranexx

Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished (PC) - Didn't have much opportunity to play over the past week, but I've done some side quests and am finally taking a proper crack at the Mountain Shrine. I rescued a girl from one of the prison cells and have located some pretty sweet items. I admit I've taken to partially following a guide for some bits - mainly for side content/extras, or if I get stuck.

Metroid Dread - This game...wow. It's nice to play a 2D (2.5D?) Metroid again! My last was Samus Returns on 3DS almost three years ago. I'm having fun exploring as Samus and getting lost on Planet ZDR. These E.M.M.I units are no joke. Ironically, it's the (almost always fatal) encounters that don't get me going; it's the music and sound cues leading up to that point. I think I'm currently about halfway through Cataris. Backtracking is a given since I know I'm missing a ton of items....

Ys I update/edit (mainly for @BruceCM 's benefit): I finally finished the Mountain Shrine after beating up the game's version of Moldorm and picked up my first book of Ys. Checking up on Feena, the girl I rescued, showed that she's recovering nicely and is enjoying her time in Zepik with Sara's grandma. Speaking of Sara...returning to her home revealed that she was murdered. But not before she gave another Book of Ys to an older man and told Adol to head out for Rastin's abandoned mine. This place had some nice loot as well, including some Silver Armor. I also found the troubadour's missing harmonica and returned it to her...as well as a Roda Seed, which the guy in the bar decided he didn't want! I had Adol eat that seed and had Rhea play the harmonica, which awoke the Roda trees! One is chatty, but the other gave Adol a pretty sweet Silver Sword. Returning to the mine, I fought my way down to the lower floors and beat up knockoff Dracula after MANY attempts...that fight was no joke either. Now I'm about ready to enter Darm Tower after wrapping up a couple of side things.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sakura_Fox

@JustMonika It reminds me of Persona in a way. just without the RPG and social link mechanic. (which is totally fine with me)

Sakura_Fox

Nephestinus

Just started two games one of which is Bloodborne and the other is DELTARUNE.
Toby Fox yet again showing incredible OST in his games.
Bloodborne is okay so far but after playing the Demon Souls remake it is kind of bland.

Nephestinus

Fizza

....I don't even know what to make of the start of this next case because oh my god is it absolute madness. You don't understand how absolutely terrified I was when that ****** started to MOVE. I absolutely love it though.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Paw Patrol On a Roll PS4
Paw Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls PS4

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

Currently trying to beat the final boss of Persona Q on risky difficulty but getting carried away trying to make sure everyone is overpowered.
Also in the middle of the fourth case of the Great Ace Attorney: Adventures.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

....I don't even know what to make of the start of this next case because oh my god is it absolute madness. You don't understand how absolutely terrified I was when that ****** started to MOVE.

I absolutely love it though.

Just finished the second case there (yes I'm addicted, how could you tell?).

* ****** hell that got really depressing really quickly good lord. I feel so bad for Olive: having to live with the guilt and regret of not talking Duncan out of staying another night was heartbreaking to see unfold and that scene where she nearly killed herself by drinking poison? God I just wanted to give her a hug. Unlike....

* I absolutely despised Shamspeare (in a good way). I had my suspicions of him ever since his brief cameo in the first game, his faced just looked too punchable for him not to be a villain. And to see the lengths he went to for the sake of greed and envy was absolutely diabolical. When he got his comeuppance and started breaking down bit by bit throughout the trial, it was the most satisfying moment in the entire case, hands down.

* The questions it raises for future cases are immensely intriguing as well. Who is Selden and what exactly did he do? What happened with Van Zieks, his Japanese companion and even Sholmes 10 years ago? What is the significance of the emblem on the bloodied belt? And why are Gregson and ESPECIALLY SHOLMES being so defensive and evasive about it, taking the evidence away and not letting anyone else see it? I feel like I have suspicions on every single character at this point apart from Ryunosuke, Susato and Iris and it's really exciting stuff. Also, this next case makes me very interested as to what's going to happen next, especially with this inventor (who's probably going to be the next defendant if we're honest) and the name: Great Departed Soul, eh? I think I know a certain someone who fits that description to a tee.....

Overall, I am so engaged as to where this goes next that I honestly don't want to stop playing (I've been playing so much that my left Joycon now needs to bloody charge XD).

BruceCM

Weird, I didn't get the notification for this, @Tyranexx .... Going well, I see

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

OH MY GOD DAHDKVADVWNBSFVHGSCBNSCANSAJK
Untitled
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(also jesus there is TOO MUCH to process from just the first investigation segment alone)

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I edited that paragraph in later. I don't think the site always catches those.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

RR529

Still working my way through LEGO Star Wars: the Skywalker Saga (PC). Started up on the Sequel Trilogy today, so I don't have all that much more to go now (in terms of the story). I will have to say I think my favorite part of the game is just casually running around the open world areas & collecting Kyber Bricks & completing side missions for characters & ships (not enough to go for %100 percent or anything though).

Also dug out my 3DS a couple days ago because I have a 3D itch that needs to be scratched, and have been playing Kirby: Planet Robobot since it's what I had in the slot. Just finished up world 3 (again, I've already cleared the game years ago), and man do the water levels look gorgeous in 3D, like looking into a little aquarium (I'll forever be salty that 3D never caught on in a big way, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

Then thanks for adding that info, @Tyranexx .... I'll look forward to seeing the next post on it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

OH MY GOD DAHDKVADVWNBSFVHGSCBNSCANSAJK
Untitled
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(also jesus there is TOO MUCH to process from just the first investigation segment alone)

Just finished the 1st Trial segment and 2nd Investigation segment and I..... I..... I don't..... wha...... how......how did they..... (dead). My brain has been fried quite frankly and I don't know whether I can even process what has happened because...... (deep breath in)...... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

On a happier note however:
Untitled
IT GOT BETTER. THEY HAVE A DOG. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Edited on by Fizza

Ralizah

@Fizza lol You really hit the ground running if you're already on the third case. I also found Shamspeare to be an immensely satisfying villain to take down.

This game is about to get 1000x crazier soon. Buckle up.

And keep the posts coming. It's fun seeing the reactions of someone who is new to the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Fizza

@Ralizah I am fully in Ace Attorney brainrot mode and I doubt it'll stop anytime soon. There's a reason I put off playing Resolve for 2 months after beating Adventures: I knew the instant I started it, everything else would be pushed aside. AND HOW RIGHT I WAS.

Edited on by Fizza

judaspete

Tony Hawk remakes on Switch, and Star Wars Squadrons on PC. Both are kinda nostalgia trips in their own way.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Ninfan

I was playing wario on wii but I just sat on the disk and broke it.👎

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Ninfan wrote:

I was playing wario on wii but I just sat on the disk and broke it.👎

Was this WarioWare: Smooth Moves or Wario Land: Shake It!? Either way, big, sad oof.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic