Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,268

Fizza

@Ninfan Reminds me of when my Dad gave me a big talk about being careful not to sit on my glasses after I accidentally left them on my bed..... and then proceeded to do the exact same thing hours later only that time he actually broke his. Terrible shame this happened to you but it'll definitely be something you look back on and laugh, trust me.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ninfan

@Fizza no I think your wrong, I won't look back on it and laugh. Lol

Ninfan

N00BiSH

I've been playing the Monkey Island games again in anticipation for Return. I pummeled through 1 & 2, still love 'em, finished Curse, watched a walkthrough of Escape(because I'm never suffering through Monkey Kombat ever again), and now I've just started with the first episode of Tales.

Edited on by N00BiSH

I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle

Ninfan

Tyranexx wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

I was playing wario on wii but I just sat on the disk and broke it.👎

Was this WarioWare: Smooth Moves or Wario Land: Shake It!? Either way, big, sad oof.

@Tyranexx it was wario land shake it. What gaming programmes are you working on lately or did you say its computer programming you do ?

Ninfan

Fizza

GIGANTIC SPOILERS for The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve:
KAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM ******** LOSING IT RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD
Untitled
Untitled
(I'll formulate my actual thoughts on the case later but I physically can't right now, so much build up and such amazing payoff. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)

Okami1

@Fizza... Did he do it? 🤔

dysgraphia awareness human

CFarris419

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. I've REALLY enjoyed this one. The first Fire Emblem Warriors didn't hold my attention at all, but I decided to give this one a try as Fire Emblem: Three Houses is my favorite switch game that I've sunk tons of hours into (currently on my 3rd storyline-blue lions). All of the attention to detail, new character models, additional story details, etc. make it so worth it, even if MuSou games are not your cup of tea. I can't recommend this enough if you liked Three Houses.

CFarris419

NintendoByNature

@CFarris419 same, I'm about 14 hrs in and love it. Three Houses was one of my games as well so this compliments it rather nicely. Felt the same way with Age of Calamity.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@Fizza I had to take a break after the third case. I needed to process my emotions, lol. Not that I couldn't tell who van Ziek's 'assistant' or whatever was, but the way his awakening unfolded was still a lot. It also helps that the third case ends with the best cutscene in the entire game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Tyranexx

@Ninfan Oof. And Shake It! is going up in price too. It's a very fun game. I thought the shaking gimmick would bother me, but it didn't lol.

I'm a computer programmer , mainly for a desktop client-server computer application. I've delved into some game development on my own, but not recently and definitely nothing in a playable state. I did create a basic text game in C# a couple of years ago though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

@Ralizah I was going to do the same but after that bombshell, I don't think my brain will allow me; I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Also yeah, that was one of the best cutscenes in the entire game, hands down. That transition from courtroom camera angle to cutscene camera angle was so smooth.

Snatcher

I’m gonna replay crash on the ps5 since it’s on ps plus now, and maybe I might go for 100 percent, unlike my switch version.

Also demon souls, what? I like hard games how could you tell?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

Taking a (temporary I assure you) break from my gushing over Ace Attorney, I've been chipping away at a Living Dex in Pokemon HOME over the past month or so and it's one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. Literally an hour ago I booted up BDSP literally just to check my swarm for today (it's Drowzee, nothing special) and grabbed the entire Totodile, Chinchou, Slugma AND Numel lines for my Dex underground, it was bonkers how much stuff I got done. I really want to get Sinnoh's Research Tasks done as well so I'll probably be continuing it tomorrow as well. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has HOME and at least 2 of the Switch-era Pokemon games (if you want pure efficiency in making one, I would suggest using SwSh and BDSP as they're the ones with the most mons in them compared to LGPE and PLA), it's much more fun than you'd think I swear.

Anti-Matter

Paw Patrol On a Roll PS4
Just a little bit more to finish the game.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

Well, now that I've had a bit to calm down (because GOOD GRACIOUS was it something else), I can finally give my thoughts on the 3rd case overall:

* I thought the premise of the case was quite compelling with the whole 'scientific angle in an older time period' approach though I thought it wouldn't be that interesting after the first investigation phase since it seemed pretty cut and dry (something you should NEVER assume with an AA case might I add). However, once the second investigation phase kicked in, things got absolutely bonkers. Money scamming, curses, resurrection, disparate threads linking together and ****** BOMBS are just some of the things gone over before this case's conclusion. It was madness the entire way through and it was an utter delight to go through it.

* Enoch Drebber and Courtney Sithe were great villains. I didn't really have any idea who the villain was going to be throughout the case to be honest: at first I thought it was Harebrayne, then Drebber, then Sithe, then back to Harebrayne and then Drebber (there was legitimately a moment where I thought Asman would've faked his death and he would be revealed as the villain it was that chaotic) but that made it all the more fun to have realisations hit constantly. Drebber's robotic movements along with his monochromatic design really captured his creepiness (especially that goddamn smile) and, combined with his backstory, really painted the picture of someone ruined by one fatal mistake and losing their mind because of it. He was still an utter slimeball, let's make that abundantly clear (the buck detonated a BOMB for god's sake), but he was someone who I shockingly sympathised with by the end (also his theme is one hell of an earworm). Sithe then was something completely out of left field: she definitely had suspicion put over her as new evidence kept cropping up but when the connection between her and Drebber became apparent, I did genuinely believe she was just someone who got caught up in blackmail. But the minute her true motives came to light? Ooooooooh, I hated her. The way she tried to escape it by painting herself as a blackmail victim as well? Perfect red herring and a great 'ah ha!' moment when it all came together. I have a feeling that she's not quite done yet however based on how she didn't exactly have a breakdown like almost every other AA villain (the only other ones from the games I've played being like that include Dahlia Hawthorne and Magnus McGilded and we all know what happened with them) and the fact that she has a daughter with a concerning excitement for dissection. She definitely feels like someone they're setting up for the future and I don't whether that makes me excited or terrified.

* I have been completely thrown for a loop with Van Zieks. The fact that he had a brother who was murdered when he was young who may also be the cause behind the 'Reaper's Curse' is crazy as is. But seeing him as someone who is actually compassionate, kind and concerned for the well being of his friends?! That was not something I was expecting. And that scene with Harebrayne right before the first trial where he says that he has full confidence in Ryunosuke to save his dear friend? That completely shattered my perception of him. They reiterated a few times throughout the case but I'll say it again here: I just don't understand him whatsoever. And I love it.

* Can't say I was expecting a Madame Tussaud's reference and especially for it to actually be incredibly well-done. Tusspells is a great character, a suitably spooky Halloween-styled theme and a really cool character design. I think the only thing I didn't like about her was the fact that she exposed my poor attempt at a French accent XD

* As you could probably tell by my pfp, I lost it when Gina came back. I had an inkling she would make a return (if you're gonna bring back Hosonaga and Natsume, you'd have to bring her back as well) but it caught me off guard like nobody's business. When it was revealed she had been taken in by Gregson and the police force as an apprentice detective as well? I felt so happy for her that she finally had happiness after spending her entire life labelled as a street rat (seeing her smile more after the ending of the first game also put a big dumb grin on my face). AND THEN SHE ONLY HAD TO GO AND GET A ********* PUPPY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Just one, simple ask: please for the love of GOD don't kill either her or Gregson. I feel like that's what they're alluding to and it scares me so much.

* KAZUMA KAZUMA KAZUMA KAZUMA KAZUMA KAZUMA KAZUMA OH MY GOD KAZUMA! His return was absolutely perfect: the reveal of the murderer, the swoosh of the cloak and the taking off the mask was such vindication for having thought he was dead the entire time through the first game. It was absolutely the moment that made me realise how attached I had grown to these characters and how much each and every one of them means to me. I guess I know how people feel with story-focused TV series now, huh? I can't wait to see Kazuma again and hopefully I can finally get some answers as to why he was gone for so long.

To summarise: I'm more excited than ever to see where this goes and I talk far too much.

Okami1

@Fizza I think you just wrote part 1 of a memoir.

Sparrow5579

Started playing Tales of vesperia, which so far is such a lovely game.
Continuing the grind of shin megami tensai 5
And then I picked up the free games on capcom arcade stadium and now thanks to 1944 I'm addicted to shoot em ups and looking for more, any good ones on the capcom arcade?

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Tyranexx

Update on Ys I: I finally got to play for a little while yesterday evening. I fell into a trap in Darm Tower, losing all of Adol's silver equipment in the process. Next thing I know, Adol is stuck in a cell with some other guy and is eventually busted out by Dogi. Dogi gives Adol an idol to give to some older guy researching the tower. I (eventually) found him, gathered up all my missing items, bested the "Devil's Corridor" (interesting puzzle), fought two bosses (and found two more Books of Ys), and just rescued Rhea from that Annex area. Believe me, that puzzle was interesting....I think I left off on the 16th or 17th floor.

I'm also still working on Metroid Dread. I bested the green E.M.M.I. last session.

@Fizza I'm half tempted to click on your spoiler walls thanks to your enthusiasm, but I also want to go into The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles as blind as possible.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Okami1

I'm playing Pokemon Black right now and I just beat the first gym, I'm enjoying this game so far.

My current team:
Snivy
Lillipup
Panpour
Lillipup

BruceCM

Going well, then, @Tyranexx ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic