Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,303

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I do appreciate games that don't waste my time! Depending on the genre. I've never picked up Hollow Knight since I've always been put off by the difficulty. Shovel Knight (unrelated I know) was about my limit in the challenge department.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Ooh, started Ys I see, @Tyranexx .... Do keep us posted on that, please

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Buizel

Playing a few too many now actually:

The usual ongoing Pokemon games:

• Pokemon Let's Go Eevee: thought I'd give this a second try after beating Let's Go Pikachu at launch. It's nice seeing Kanto in HD, but gameplay-wise it just feels inferior to FRLG, and I think I'd even rather be playing RBY. I'm not sure I'll go back to these games once I'm done.
  • Pokemon Heart Gold: put this on hold for a bit while I'm playing LG Eevee. Just about to finish Johto and my team is looking solid. Definitely amongst my favourite games of all time.

Other games:

• Mario Strikers: Battle League: still playing the odd game of this, but think I'm gonna drop it soon. The matches are just a bit too frantic and cause me more stress than anything.
  • Sonic Origins: currently playing through 3+K as Knuckles. Having a decent enough time, works well as a pick-up-and-play game (especially given the new save system), but I'm not as enamoured with the Mega Drive games as many other Sonic fans.
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: probably my main game going at the moment. I've got over the hurdle of grinding to get most Digimon in my Field Guide so I'm looking to breeze through the story.
  • Fire Emblem: Three Hopes: played the first few chapters of this, choosing Golden Deer (the last house I chose for Three Houses, by incidentally my favourite of the choices in the end). Not taken the time to get deeply invested in this, but I look forward to doing so once I'm done with Digimon.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

I revisit Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One PS3 to play as Clank / Capt. Qwark as they are still level 0 while my Ratchet is level 9.
The game was really boring but I have finished the game long time ago.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Buizel I actually just beat Let's Go Pikachu for the first time yesterday (it was the only Switch-era Pokemon game I had skipped prior to picking it up back in May along with Skyward Sword HD) and I can definitely agree with some of your sentiments: the variety of Pokemon available before the 3rd Gym/SS Anne event is lacking to say the least and catching some Pokemon like Golbat, Chansey and Ditto was more annoying than fun in a lot of scenarios.

However, I still really enjoyed them. Once you get through the admittedly boring first section and beat Surge, EVERYTHING opens up and you're free to basically explore the entire region more or less. You still do story events like gyms in order but you could theoretically get ZAPDOS before Erika, there's that much freedom. I tried my best to be underleveled throughout as well after loving that challenge when I played through BDSP for the first time as well and, for the most part, it was pretty difficult in a couple of places like the Giovanni fights, Sabrina and a few others here and there. And the music especially was absolutely incredible. Game Corner, Gym Leader, Cerulean City, the goddamn POKEBALL PLUS THEME are all so good and that's just me scratching the surface. One of my favourite Switch-era soundtracks easily.

Overall, while it's probably my least favourite out of all of the other Switch Pokemon games, I still really enjoyed it. It was my first trip through Kanto though so maybe I'd have to give FRLG a go down the line as well but as of now, I can't wait to complete the dex and grab the Shiny Charm.

Also, if you ever need Pikachu exclusives for your own dex, I'd be more than willing to help out.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Now I continue my progress of Dance Dance Revolution PS3 and I have unlocked MAX 300 song. Still 4 more unlockable songs to go.

Anti-Matter

Buizel

@Fizza Tbh, as someone who grew up with RBY, I don't find the lack of Pokemon availability early in Kanto to be too much of a problem - in a way I quite like how it encourages you to work for your team as opposed to more recent games where they seemingly throw Pokemon of every type at you straight away. But it does bother me that every iteration of Kanto has restricted the dex to the same 150 Pokemon...why can't I use Crobat, for example?

I love the freedom of Gen I / Kanto - it's by far the best feature of the region. And, while I think these remakes have done a decent job of retaining it (you can get Zapdos before beating Erika, for example), what really bothered me with these remakes is the half-assed attempted to railroad through the story segments regardless (sometimes adding extraneous story beats that make no sense - why do I need to visit Lavendar Tower before the Game Corner, only to go back to it later?). It's kinda like they understood that people liked the openness of Kanto, but weren't willing to fully commit to it this time and instead leaned back on their modern, more "handholdy", approaches to progression.

Perhaps my main issue though is the levelling system. I really don't like how disposable Pokemon are, and how levelling relies almost solely on how many Pokemon you can catch and adapting the ways in which you catch them.

But yeah, there's a lot to love here. The presentation especially - while it's much brighter in tone than I would've imagined from RBY, I love seeing Kanto come to life in HD...whether it's the town layouts, the character models, or the fantastic soundtrack.

I highly recommend FRLG or even RBY if you want a, for lack of better word, more "authentic" Kanto experience. Let's Go is a fun time but falls short of other games in the series IMO. RBY is almost worth a try just to see how bad we had it back in the day haha. It also has a lot of "early installment weirdness" which I find just fascinating.

Thanks for the offer! I actually played through Pikachu the first time round...I'm one of those foolish people who continues to buy both versions for some reason. Do let me know if I can help you though.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

kkslider5552000

I've finally started to play Kirby: Planet Robobot. I can't believe how long its taken me to get a Kirby game as acclaimed as this one.

I'm not immediately in love with it based on world 1, but that also happened with Triple Deluxe, where I went from meh to loving it by the end/post game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Yeah, finally, considering I picked them up in the Steam Winter Sale. XD Not much new to report yet. I put in about an hour yesterday evening doing side quests and some grinding since I was having a LOT of trouble with the first proper boss in the Mountain Shrine. 😅 Turns out a better sword works wonders.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

@kkslider5552000 You have no idea how much I envy you right now. I was going to get Planet Robobot after playing Triple Deluxe for the first time and loving it but could never find it anywhere for a reasonable price in my general area. It haunts me to this day and makes me want another Dream Collection-styled game with the 'modern' trilogy of Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot just so I can right this wrong. I guarantee you it would sell like hotcakes on something like the Switch. Throw in some Forgotten Land-esque challenge stages and it would be perfect.

kkslider5552000

@Fizza I bought Robobot online, it was not too long ago, and it was...around the normal price of a 3DS game at least.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

Glad it's going well so far, @Tyranexx .... No rush, just keep us posted, please

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

I'm going to be starting The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve later today and I'm so excited. Between the gushing I've heard about it from users like @Ralizah and the immense potential to expand upon the first game, I feel like it may genuinely become one of my favourite games ever. I'm in it for the long haul baby and I cannot wait to begin.

NintendoByNature

Tons of three hopes. It's getting so good. And also some hollow knight again which is my 2nd attempt and trying to actually finish it. Maybe a little pocky and rocky and whatever the little one wants to play.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

I'm going to be starting The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve later today and I'm so excited. Between the gushing I've heard about it from users like @Ralizah and the immense potential to expand upon the first game, I feel like it may genuinely become one of my favourite games ever. I'm in it for the long haul baby and I cannot wait to begin.

True to my word, I've just finished the first case there after about 4 hours.

* Getting to play as Susato was absolutely amazing, especially with her manner of speaking and kind yet forceful personality. AA games really do make you feel like you're actually playing someone entirely different even when the gameplay is the same between them. Also, Susa- I mean Ryutaro's outfit was impecable (the added hat and little purple accents really make it).

* I was not expecting Hosonaga and bloody SOSEKI to make a comeback and in such an endearing way at that. They really feel like characters who showcase the passage of time since the first game, with Hosonaga remaining more or less the same and Soseki finding happiness by becoming a successful author. They're really well done and were a joy to meet again.

* Raiten Menimemo was another great villain in the pantheon of AA antagonists. He's vigilant, tricksy, slightly deranged and had a great reason to do what he did (even if it was under absolutely bonkers logic). Also, I'm only realising now whilst typing it what the pun in his name is. Gotta say: pretty clever, not gonna lie.

* The breakdown at the end is quite possibly my favourite in the entire series. Absolute PERFECTION

* That lingering cliffahnger at the end makes me incredibly intrigued (and incredibly suspicious of Mikotoba and potentially even the Judge). Speaking of which, it seems the next case is finally going to answer who the **** that jester buck and schoolboy Del-Boy were inbetween the third case of the first game. Very excited to meet up with Herlock and the gang again in Britain!

In short: holy **** that was one hell of an opener.

Sakura_Fox

Currently playing AI Somnium Files on Switch

Sakura_Fox

Ralizah

@Fizza I liked the way the first two cases in this game parallel cases in the first game. You'll definitely see what I mean when you get to next chapter. And yes, William Shamspeare (the jester-looking dude) is a fun character.

The standard of writing in Resolve in T&T-tier. One of the few games with no bad cases, but a lot of amazing ones (basically the entire second half of the game)

@Sakura_Fox 👍

Pick it up cheap in the recent sale?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JustMonika

Corpse Factory which is freaky as hell. I implore everyone to check it out.

JustMonika

JustMonika

Sakura_Fox wrote:

Currently playing AI Somnium Files on Switch

Hell yes.. come to think of it, I need to pick up the sequel soon.

JustMonika

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic