Forums

Topic: Weirdness of the Day

Posts 421 to 440 of 441

mystman12

Allow me to share with you a true horror story.

So to put things in context, first off when I upgraded to my XL earlier this year, I gave my original system to my younger sister. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, she hadn't used it much until recently, when she bought Tomodachi Life and became just as (if not even more) obsessed with it as I am

So anyways, today I'm about to read my history lesson, when I remember it's my day to empty the trash cans. So I go around picking up all the trash cans, and I get to our bathroom, but my sister is getting a bath. So I knock, she closes the curtain, and I come in to get the trash can in there, but as I'm walking out, I hear something... I hear the sounds of Tomodachi Life coming from behind the curtain... I ask "Are you playing Tomodachi Life in the bathtub?!?!"
silence
"Yes..."

So of course I make sure she quits and puts the 3DS on the floor so I can take it out, but she sat in there for like another minute helping a Mii and then saving before doing so. I'm someone who can't bear the thought of dropping an electronic in liquid, so imagining playing my 3DS in the bath, holding it over a tub of soapy, wet water, is just... ugh... I also found out she had done the same thing a couple of other times, too! Thankfully the 3DS survived, but man, I was just waiting to hear "bloop!" and then go into emergency mode, searching for rice and a screwdriver, etc. I'm sure she won't do it again, but man, it just got me really shocked for a few minutes.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

mystman12

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'd be more worried about here electrocuting herself, but that's just me...

Well, I really don't think the 3DS' battery has enough voltage in it to hurt anyone. Would have been different if she was, say, using the Wii U with the console, plugged into the wall, sitting on the ledge of the tub or something.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

It don't take much, actually. It's more about the Amps, so I think it's more than possible for at least injury (i.e. a burn if it landed on her lap or something). I'm no electrition or medical expert, though, and it isn't exactly something normal human beings would try, so there's not a lot of good info.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Veloster

Well, for the past few days the car has felt like it's been quite sluggish, and the braking has felt strange; I usually just put it down to the thing having one of its 'moments'. However, driving down to church today, I start to feel a 'bumpbumpbump' as I drive, so I pull over only to find one wheel is literally as flat as a pancake.
I put the air compressor onto it, but 20 minutes later, the tyre won't go above 20psi (recommended is about 35), and as soon as I unplug it, the thing just deflates instantly.

Thankfully it dragged itself to church, and I noticed a Kwik-Fit, across the road, so I headed tere directly afterwards, and thankfully they were able to take me straight away.

This is like a disappointment and positive in one, so I'm putting it under 'weirdness'.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

Eel

I saw that picture of the dress and first it was white but then it was blue and then I saw it change colors in front of my eyes, but it's a simple image, it can't do that. It's an optical effect.

I'm scared now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ClockworkMario

That's just... wow. There's something very unnerving about the unibrow-man, it's almost like a creepy-pasta. Maybe he'll drop by in my nightmares.

By the way that dress is black and blue, always has been, always will be. Heretics shall be punished most severely.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Eel

I usually see it as white with gold.

But it changes from time to time to black and blue.

Edit: and that unibrow man looks almost exactly like a cousin of mine.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

My_Answering_Machine wrote:

Wob-wob-bobbidiboop

We're sorry, our team of trained representitives will accompany you shortly. Thank you for holdin-

Hello...?

I've gotten a lot of strange calls in my day, but that...that's a new one for me...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Foobar2000 has almost the same exact logo that I used to...compulsively draw when I was 9 or 10. Foobar2000 came out in 2002, when I was 9 or 10. I mean, maybe I saw the logo? Did they use the same logo for the last 13 years? Either way, I think I'll keep this program.

I mean, the logo was kind of a simplistic fox face logo, but it also has the same exact general styling, except the eyes look a little different.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WHAAAAAT?! There's a fighting game that has Megaman Zero and Battle Network Megaman in it. And it's an Oninusha game. What the heck. I need to buy this.

I know a shop that has it, but the price goes up every time I look at it...up to $30 now, I think. No thanks, it's apparently a not very good Smash Rip-off...maybe $10 and I'll bite just to see Zero beat up Rockman.EXE, but $30 is too much for something I could probably be better serviced by some fan art on Tumblr for free...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ZanderShepherd

I was on Marktplaats (Dutch eBay), and there was a Shulk amiibo on there. Just for fun, I bid on it. €10. Ridiculously low of course, but who knows. All of the sudden I get a response, and the guy is angry! He says I'm childish, I should be serious, and he's deleting my offer. So I send him a polite e-mail back where I not only explain my bid, but also comment on his behaviour. I get an even angrier e-mail back. He says I don't understand how collecting, video games or the economy works. Now I'm mad too. So I send another e-mail back where I do not only scald him for his wrong opinions, but also point out that he didn't say a thing about the one thing I messaged him about: his behaviour. I end it with saying the discussion is over for me. I get another one back. Apparently I'm now too young to be a good collector, and I'm too young to write long e-mails.
Wow, he sure has a big mouth for an amiibo scalper.

ZanderShepherd

Luna_110

I was paying at a store near my university, and when I handed my debit card to pay, the cashier grabbed it so hard that she broke it. In half. Thank goodness the nearest bank office is inside my university campus...

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Captain-N

A rumor of a Mega Man movie by 20th Century Fox. Hopefully not bad box art mm, or Elmer Fudd looking for "Doctah Wahwee".

Captain-N

SuperWiiU

Capt_N wrote:

A rumor of a Mega Man movie by 20th Century Fox. Hopefully not bad box art mm, or Elmer Fudd looking for "Doctah Wahwee".

I heard Danny DeVito will star as MegaMan.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.