Forums

Topic: Visual Novels

Posts 121 to 140 of 460

Andyv01

So there goes the Danganronpa trilogy off my backlog... and good gravy was that good.

Memorable characters (even the ones that only last 5 minutes!), sublime soundtrack, unique artstyle and the cherry on top was the writing. What a rollercoaster! The shock and despair after chapter 1 of D3 has me shocked and in denial throughout half the game.
"Noooo way, surely that character will make a suprise return..." Nope!
Absolutely not for the kids btw!

Its games like this, AI somnium files and 13 Sentinels which have really pushed the VN envelope for me recently and i'm loving every moment of it. The core Dangan devs are bringing us Rain Code next year also so its all looking rosey for 2023.

Edited on by Andyv01

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

JustMonika

@gcunit Well yeah.. I spent $100 for Harmonia and Needy Girl Overdose from PlayAsia. Now Needy Girl Overdose doesn't release until next Thursday so they won't ship until next week. But I spent $25 alone for express shipping so I won't be waiting long to get them once they do ship. It's worth it to own physical copies of them though.

JustMonika

JustMonika

Solaine wrote:

Just heard that Ryukishi07 (Higurashi, Umineko) is actually the Writer of the new Silent Hill f game. How crazy is that? I suppose that explains why he never has time for Ciconia anymore but i have some high hopes for that games story now, definitely gonna keep an eye on this

Speaking of him, have you played Loopers yet? He wrote that and Key produced it. I have an imported physical version for Switch.

JustMonika

EllaTheQueen6

JustMonika wrote:

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Need any suggestions? I can tell you the best on Switch and PC (if you like 18+ eroge that is).

I'm really sorry, I would take your suggestions, but I'm only 12, going on 13.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

gcunit wrote:

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Guessing you've already played Stein's Gate? I think I've bought it 3 times and still not started it, but now the other Science Adventure titles are on Switch too, it'll have to wait a bit longer.

Actually, I haven't played the other Steins;Gate games, but I've watched the anime! I know how long the games take (Over 24 hours) so I've been putting it off.

EllaTheQueen6

But my brother has played a lot of the first Steins;Gate game (That's how I know there are too many endings that take over 24 hours to complete) He showed me the Rukako ending. I was crying and laughing. (If you've gotten that ending, you know why)

EllaTheQueen6

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

JustMonika wrote:

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Need any suggestions? I can tell you the best on Switch and PC (if you like 18+ eroge that is).

And I don't have a Switch, only PC. And I'm broke.

JustMonika

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

JustMonika wrote:

I just turned 40 but most would take me for an anime girl obsessed teen delinquent, lol .. I mean I own this for goodness sake!

JustMonika

gcunit

@JustMonika Sweet ride 🤩

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EllaTheQueen6

JustMonika wrote:

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

JustMonika wrote:

I just turned 40 but most would take me for an anime girl obsessed teen delinquent, lol .. I mean I own this for goodness sake!

AN ITASHA???? I'VE WANTED ONE EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH TO DRIVE! I see Uzaki, Komi, Nagatoro, and the Quintesential Quintuplets and I want that car.

Edited on by EllaTheQueen6

Solaine

@JustMonika I didn't. That game really flew off my radar. I heard that it was quite the decent game all in all. How would you describe it?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Magician

It's the spooky season, so I'm currently going through The Letter. It's very much in the vein of The Grudge, it's a curse inflicted by this countryside mansion that has a spirit following you around in and out of the mansion. I'm surprised by how much of the game is English voice acted, and the performances aren't half bad. I think the Spirit Hunter games are scarier, but The Letter has its moments.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

EllaTheQueen6

JustMonika wrote:

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

JustMonika wrote:

Well, my mom questions how she managed to raise a child who does nothing but watch anime in the living room and turn it on full blast during the openings.

JustMonika

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Well it sounds like me so I guess I'm devolving in age. I mean I just got into anime when I was 36 and visual novels when I was 39. It's all I do outside of work, lol. I'm showing off my car at an anime convention this weekend in fact.

JustMonika

JustMonika

I started Sugar Style on my laptop and am really loving it. I have the 18+ version but I know there's an all ages Switch version in Japan. Maybe it'll get localized for Switch like Senren Banka recently did.

Edited on by JustMonika

JustMonika

EllaTheQueen6

JustMonika wrote:

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Well it sounds like me so I guess I'm devolving in age. I mean I just got into anime when I was 36 and visual novels when I was 39. It's all I do outside of work, lol. I'm showing off my car at an anime convention this weekend in fact.

I don't know where you live, but I'm stealing your car.

EllaTheQueen6

JustMonika wrote:

Though, I'm not gonna lie. I thought you were the same age as my brother.

gcunit

@JustMonika So what's the story with your car? Have you initiated all the graphical additions yourself, or did you buy it already looking like that?

And where your tweet states "Got my car back", have you sold it and rebought it?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EllaTheQueen6

gcunit wrote:

@JustMonika So what's the story with your car? Have you initiated all the graphical additions yourself, or did you buy it already looking like that?
And where your tweet states "Got my car back", have you sold it and rebought it?

I wish I knew where they got that car. I see some of my favorite characters on it and I want it. Not a big fan of Rent a Girlfriend, but I am a big fan of Komi. And Uzaki and Nagatoro even though I'm not old enough to watch Nagatoro, and I have started Quintessensial Quintuplets.

Edited on by EllaTheQueen6

EllaTheQueen6

JustMonika wrote:

I got into anime when I was aroung 10-11, but became a massive weeb after I turned 12. My brother showed me SAO when I was about 10, I liked it. And no, 10 year old me had no idea what was going on besides they're trapped in a video game. But my brother wouldn't let me get into the second part of season 1 because he remembered how ecchi it is. But now I am allowed to watch it, just been lazy. I have 3 favorite anime, Tonikawa, Steins;Gate, and Made in Abyss. I watched Tonikawa when I was 11, and that's how I got into romance anime. Watched Steins;Gate when I was also 11. And I watched Made in Abyss recently, so I was 12.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic