Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,281 to 9,300 of 9,493

Eric258

I actually really enjoyed Bastion. I really enjoyed the visuals and general vibes from it. Loved the atmosphere. I deffo do agree that it ain't a 10/10 game though. For me personally, maybe an 8/10? A pretty good game but I heavily prefer Hades and don't see myself going back to Bastion in a long time, if ever.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Snaplocket

@Balta666 Hard disagree with you regarding Transistor, I absolutely loved it and wished it was twice as long as it was. If it had the same amount of content as Hades then I would say it's my favorite SuperGiant Games title and Bastion is a 8 out of 10 for me.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

kkslider5552000

Matt_Barber wrote:

Let's face it

I can't think of a quicker way to make me hate someone for having an opinion than these three words.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

HotGoomba

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Matt_Barber wrote:

Let's face it

I can't think of a quicker way to make me hate someone for having an opinion than these three words.

Saying "I'm not racist, but..."

Please, for the love of everything, don't click on the link on my profile.

You've been warned

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature im curious - what was it about Bastion you didnt like?

I've been enjoying Supergiant games a bit lately so this is topical for me. What I like about Bastion is that it's simple, straightforward, and short. You're an apocalypse child soldier and you've gotta fight your way to restoring the world. I like how you can equip two melee weapons or two guns if you want (which I totally did). And the narrator is pretty cool - although that may be because it pleasantly reminds me so much of Tom Waits' spoken word tracks. However, the game is pretty limited in scope. You cant replay most levels and there's not much incentive to go back once you've finished it. And it's pretty easy. There's a tiny amount of lore and world building, just enough to get you through a play through but not enough to keep me thinking about it once i'm done.

Hades is great but, honestly, may be a tad overrated. I don't like how it slow drips content to the player over dozens of same-y dungeon runs. Other than that I'd say it's fantastic. It's compelling in a way that Bastion is not.

Still gotta play Transistor and Pyre. Looking forward to it though.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet aside from the narrator, I just felt the gameplay and world were pretty boring. It's hard to pinpoint what I really disliked about it, but the whole time, I kept thinking I couldn't wait for it to be over with.

NintendoByNature

Akimi

@Matt_Barber
"Their games have great graphics, soundtracks and often engaging stories but they're not exactly riveting to play."
That's pretty much it for me. I think they look and sound nice, but I've never found their gameplay particularly engaging for whatever reason.

@NintendoByNature
Same. Hades and Bastion are the only two I have finished, and I was definitely ready for Bastion to be done by the end. Never could get into Transitor, and I've never tried Pyre as the whole premise looked uninteresting to me.

Edited on by Akimi

Akimi

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature i get it. A few months back (while I was playing through it) I was reading reviews and a common remark was that it was an example of "video games as art" and I was surprised by that. I mean, i guess it could be? But with the narrator and the almost unnecessary lore shoved in your face I feel like the game's a bit pretentious.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

kkslider5552000

If I cared about the story, I might've had an opinion on how it was told.

I am glad I at least got to discuss a game I've played this year that isn't Xenoblade 2 for once.

Wavey84

I've tried, i really have...But i just can't get on board with Hallow Knight. I think i'm just thrown off by the boring simplistic note book doodle looking character design.

If i want a Metroid-like experience than i'll play Metroid. That's what METROID is for. MetroidVania? maybe... I mean, I've plowed through Symphony of the Night(amazing Soundtrack & opening, obviously) and Dawn of Sorrow(Has the better gameplay of the two imo) but honestly, that was enough MetroidVania for me. Much prefer the Classics Castlevania games.

Edited on by Wavey84

Wavey84

NintendoByNature

@Akimi yep, I still wana try hades though.
@Losermagnet I got the same feeling. I was pretty excited heading into it, and was quickly let done.

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

Funny thing btw, years ago I bought Transistor on Steam on a whim. I barely use Steam, I do not trust this laptop for newer gaming, I dunno when I'll even get a chance to test out that one.

Snatcher

I do kinda think hades blew them up, But TBH, I only had interest in Hades, Bastion and whatever the other are, They don't look like games I would like, Hades is an amazing game sure, but does that mean the others are of same Qual? I have no idea LOL.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

HotGoomba

Sonic Lost World is a great Sonic game and there's no way you can tell me otherwise.

You've been warned

Snatcher

@HotGoomba I played the demo and I had no issue with it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba I played the demo and I had no issue with it.

TheJGG

Unpopular (or popular idk) opinion: @HotGoomba's profile pictures have become freakier and freakier lately. Someone tell them that we can only take so much of it.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

HotGoomba

@TheJGG They're only gonna get worse

You've been warned

CactusMan

I´ll only wisit this website early in the morning from now on. If @HotGoomba profile picktures get worse it´ll hound me in my sleep🥺 .
Sonic Lost World is great it blends 3d and 2d Sonic perfect together. But one can always be popular and dislike it because 2D/3D.
Sonic Battle was also nice, Sega should re-boot that.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

Snatcher

@CactusMan @TheJGG IDK what yall talking about, but I have heard all the goombas talking about him lately, "@HotGoomba hes so hot right now".

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic