Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,261 to 9,280 of 12,088

Buizel

@Balta666 which system do you think has a "good" d-pad? Personally I've really had trouble deciding. I really didn't like the d-pad on the Switch's SNES controller (even though many consider SNES as the gold standard for 2D gaming) so I switched that out in favour of the Pro Controller for a while. I also can't stand the "squishy" feeling of the Saturn pad, which many people also seem to favour.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

ian_beale

The button-d-pad on the joycons is definitely great for games like tetris, where you want to move to move in discrete single units. Good for any game with lots of menus etc.

For any other 2d game I'll take a 2nd gen Saturn pad any day of the week.

Edited on by ian_beale

ian_beale

chapuH

Excitebike Arena on MK8DX SUCKS.

Hope you're having a good day.

Sunsy

@CactusMan It's funny you bring up Asterix & Obelix, as I read up more, I found out the same developer developed Smurfs: Mission Vileaf. I was surprised when I saw the bonus edition of the game, I didn't think a cartoon tie-in would have that.

I don't know if it's relevant to the console release, pre-ordering on GOG gave me some costumes for Hefty, Brainy, Chef and Smurfette as a bonus. Do not know if this is console, or a PC only thing since PC has a digital only release.

@Buizel Alrighty, I plan to eventually get this for Switch, I'll double dip on a handheld version.

With the Christmas season coming soon, I plan to wait on buying most games. Only because knowing my family, they'll get me a game or two.

I agree, I never knew how easy it was to slip up in Tetris until I used the D-Pad.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

VoidofLight

Don't know how common this is, but I will never try Kingdom Hearts in a million years, mainly because it's mostly Disney. I don't really like Disney, and grew out of it a long time ago, so the game just seems awful in my eyes. I also heard it was extremely convoluted, and that the writing is repetitive, yet everyone holds it as if it's this huge masterpiece of a series.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Well I think, It really is a, experience yourself type of thing, As I don't really think the writing is but, you know, Opinions.
But If you Don't like Disney like you said, Ya, your not gonna like this game.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

As a fan of the series, I'll agree the stories are convoluted, at best, @VoidofLight .... Not sure even those who like the games can exactly disagree with that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Kirgo

Skyrim is the most overrated game of all time.

Kirgo

Snatcher

@BruceCM LMAO, Have to agree.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Screen

Mario Party 9 is not only good but great.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

BruceCM

Yeah, I don't personally strain my brain trying to actually follow KH stories or make much sense out of them, @Snatcher .... They work well enough for the purpose as far as I'm concerned, though Not to say I don't also like games with stories I can follow without too much difficulty or even that do need some thinking to understand but I can't believe anyone manages to make much sense out of KH

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

chapuH

@HotGoomba OK, hear me out...

I just feel like there's not that much skill or competitivity involved. There are only 2 corners on which you can gain time, the only obstacles are grass and mud and there's literally no way to gain on someone on a straight because of how easy it is to trick.

In fairness though, the track is a nice tribute to the original.

Hope you're having a good day.

HotGoomba

@chapu2006 Fair point. Still one of my personal favorites, but I can see it's downfalls.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Snatcher

@BruceCM Starting with were the hell is his mom?

@Zuljaras Dr Mario is Crap, There I said it!

kkslider5552000

I do think the ME3 ending hate is a bit over the top at least once they got a better version of it out after release. I think Mass Effect 3 is when I realized that even when the internet should be outraged about something, they'll still make it hyperbolic. To this day I'm undecided if its still bad or if its secretly at least partially good or if I should just appreciate that they found a decent compromise between whatever vision they had for the ending and what almost literally everyone playing it would want (instead of the nothing ending it had at launch).

That being said, I've seen a bunch of defenses for ME3's ending, and I just can't get there. Even having a good idea of what they were going for, it still utterly fails to fit in with what Mass Effect was trying to be as a trilogy and doesn't understand what would be satisfying or even particularly compelling for what Mass Effect is. Bioshock Infinite has some similarities in what ME3 was trying to do with its intentionally semi-hopeless ending, but it would still suck if they used Bioshock Infinite's ending for Mass Effect 3. And Bioshock Infinite's ending is LEAGUES better, regardless. The whole big mission before the ending also obviously should've been far more dynamic and interesting and affected by choices...regardless.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Bioshock Infinite had an awesome, thematically appropriate ending. I deeply respect when developers have the cojones to end something in a way that feels artistically right to them, even if it risks upsetting some of the emotionally underdeveloped people in their audience.

Sometimes, the audience SHOULDN'T get what they want or expected.

Having nope'd out of the ME trilogy after the second game, though, I have no opinion on the original ending to ME3 itself, although the idea of a developer releasing an alternative ending to appease angry fans irritates me to no end. I hate cowardice.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

I think the saddest part about ME3, is that 99% of that game is the ME formula perfected and one of the best games of all time, but all people ever do is talk about that ending. Even if you didn't like the ending and thought it was bad, taking away everything else that game achieved, just really sucks man.

Also man, the Bioshock twist and the Bioshock Infinite ending genuinely really changed me as a person, I went from a passive gamer who just sorta consumed and discarded, to just falling in love with the craftsmanship in the way I do with other mediums. Bioshock is my favourite game of all time, and one of my favourite pieces of media of all time - I have two movie tattoos, amongst other things but Bioshock is my only game tattoo.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic