Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,261 to 9,280 of 9,493

VoidofLight

@HotGoomba Huh. I didn't actually know that. Strange how it did get a release, but only with a specific game, and then never again.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Buizel

@VoidofLight We got the regular New 3DS in Europe as well!

Weird that it never came to the US. Nintendo, eh?

Previously "timleon" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: who can keep track anymore.

Snaplocket

NEO Twewy and the Ys titles (VIII, IX and Origins) are the best action RPGs on the Switch and are way better then either of the Xenoblade games.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Akimi

@Snaplocket
Always been curious about the Ys games.

My unpopular opinion: I find Supergiant games overrated.

Akimi

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket I can't say anything on Ys, but NEO Twewy is an entirely different type of game from Xenoblade, and comparing it isn't really fair.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Snatcher

@Akimi I have only played hades, I'm not really interested in the others tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Ralizah

@Akimi Can't speak for the others, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with Bastion.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: n/a

Upcoming
WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

kkslider5552000

I tried Bastion a few months ago. It was kinda fun in short play sessions but beyond that...eh. I mean, I think I got fairly far into the game and kinda just...didn't bother to finish it.

I'm honestly confused on isometric 3d action games like this. Just seems like a bad fit as far as maybe anything I've ever played. RPGs or strategy games make more sense.

Though I will say I do know multiple people who didn't like Bastion but loved Hades, so I'll likely give that one a chance someday anyway.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Dogorilla

Oh good, it's not just me that doesn't think Bastion is a masterpiece. It was fine, a solid 7/10, but nothing special, and the narrator that everyone loves was just a bit annoying imo. No disrespect to anyone who loves the game, of course, it just didn't resonate with me as much. I did buy Hades but haven't played it yet, so hopefully I'll like that one more.

Currently Playing:
Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (3DS)

CactusMan

Bastion is kind of bare bones. Transistor had a interesting combat system, Hades is just great fun rouge-like. I can agree with 7/10 the game was fun and had charm. Developers gotta start of somewhere building experience.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

Balta666

@Akimi @Dogorilla I agree on both bastion and transistor (never played pyre), the gameplay and is bland and its major talk point was the narrator but I hate when games narrate over action gameplay as I cannot really do both at the same time. But and there is a but... Hades is my favourite game of 2020 and probably top10 of all time (and I am not that into roguelites...)

Balta666

Balta666

@Snaplocket not the same type of games really. I adore both Ys and xenoblade series but one is action based and the other is auto attack based so really apple and oranges here

Balta666

Snaplocket

Bastion is (imo) the weakest out of all Supergiant games titles (minus Pyre as I haven't played because there's no Switch version). Transistor and Hades are 9 out of 10 gems however.

Andee

Bastion I liked slightly more than Transistor, but Hades was where I felt the team really struck the absolute sweet spot.

Andee

Snaplocket

@Andee I think Transistor is vastly superior to Bastion mainly because I love the combat system, but I do agree Hades is probably the best just on sheer content alone.

Matt_Barber

I like Supergiant Games but would agree that they're probably getting a bit overrated since Hades came out.

Let's face it, they're indie darlings that get cut a lot of slack by critics. Their games have great graphics, soundtracks and often engaging stories but they're not exactly riveting to play.

Bastion is OK because it's quite short, although you're not likely to go back after you've finished it. I really enjoyed Transistor, although the turn-based play isn't for everyone. Pyre, on the other hand, very much outstayed its welcome and I only really finished it for the story.

Hades is probably their best yet but I don't think it's quite the masterpiece that some are saying. As ever, the story, artwork and soundtrack elements are great. The gameplay is... well... roguelikes aren't for everyone and neither really is hack-n-slash. If you do like it though, it's a game you can play a lot before you'll have exhausted the possibilities.

Matt_Barber

NintendoByNature

With how much I disliked bastion, I've overlooked hades for a while know. One day down the line I'll give it a shot. But, if transistor is anything like bastion, I'll pass on it with ease.

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@Matt_Barber well you can say that for fps, RPG, platformers, metroidvania, tactics and so on. If you do not like the genre there is nothing you or they can do.

Balta666

Balta666

@NintendoByNature the gameplay of transistor is very very different from bastion, the way the narrative is unfold is similar altough the story very different (and better I would say) but like you i was bored with gameplay way before credits and if they were not so short I would not finish them.
However I decided to give a go at Hades and let's say I stopped 70h+ after... The story and banter btw characters is great and the fact the game is challenging without being infuriating and that you have several weapons very different from each other (and each with several playstyles that change on top of that) means that it allways feels fresh for just one more run

P.s: also if anyone has gamepass it will be there from next week...

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 good to know. I'll be grabbing hades at some point down the road. Obviously, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the input.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic