Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,221 to 9,240 of 9,493

HotGoomba

Mario Kart 7 is the worst non-mobile Mario Kart.

All of Mario Kart Wii's control schemes suck.

Double Dash is great, but doesn't need a full sequel, I'd rather Nintendo bring it back as a mode.
Super Mario Kart is god awful, so is that GBA one who's name I forgot.

Mario Kart 64 is amazing, but there's little reason to come back to it.

Mario Kart DS is the best one just for having R.O.B. as a character.

The arcade Mario Kart games are incredibly underrated and need to be on consoles.

I love how Mario Kart 8 only had one item slot since it had more strategy.

8 Deluxe is the only Mario Kart we needed on Switch, but Live was a cool concept.

Mario Kart Tour is awful, I know that that's a common opinion, but my god I hate it, Mario Run is so much better.

Please, for the love of everything, don't click on the link on my profile.

You've been warned

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba
Kinda agree with Mario Kart 7 situation where you cannot choose individual track for Vs Mode with CPU.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

VoidofLight

Mario Kart 7’s only advantage is introducing gliding, which was executed better in 8. 8 is probably my favorite, but I’m nostalgic for 7, as I played it often as a child.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Wavey84

@VoidofLight
It's biggest advantage imo is it's stereoscopic 3D, although based on what i remember it wasn't as pronounced and striking as i'd like. It seemed a little more on the subtle side just like Super Mario 3D Land.

I'd love to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in S3D on my 65" OLED, or any game for that matter.

Wavey84

MarioLover92

@HotGoomba Yeah, agreed with you on Tour...it's the only Mario Kart game that I really dislike. The controls are absolute garbage and it's infested with loot boxes. I like how there's a bunch of alternate costumes for all the characters, and the tracks are okay enough, but that's about it...and I'd really rather unlock the costumes rather than paying for them.

I have a lot of nostalgia for Mario Kart 64, as that was the first one I've played. So I may come back to it for that nice nostalgia trip, but I usually play Mario Kart 8 these days. I haven't played Super Circuit (that's the GBA game) for so long and there's not much incentive to come back to it, honestly. Mainly because it's not too content heavy (aside from the secret Super Mario Kart tracks) and it's not as multiplayer-friendly as many of the other games.

Agreed on the arcade games...would love to have them on Switch.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Mario 64 is kinda well it is pretty much trashy, the controls are wack, the camera never works, mario slips of anything and everything, a lot of the stars wasn't well thought out, The shifting sands is one of the worst mario maps I have ever played (I said one), and last and not least, the final level of that game is just screaming delete me, Oh but the music rocks.

@HotGoomba Hard agree with you on tour, that game is the one mario kart game I think I just dislike, and maybe 64. Mario kart 8 is the best mario kart I've played, If I were to play the likes of double dash and such I might like those more,

Also the best rainbow road for me so far is mario kart 7's.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

kkslider5552000

Snatcher wrote:

Mario 64 is kinda well it is pretty much trashy, the controls are wack, the camera never works

Counterpoint, compare Mario 64 to any other 3D game made before 1998.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

VoidofLight

It kind of saddens me how Tour has so many new characters, and cool cosmetics which may never come to the next entry.

I’m just hoping Nintendo doesn’t pull a tennis aces with the next Mario Kart, and give us a barren game with a few characters, carts, and cups, then updates more into the game later… with the courses just being really basic.

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 LMAO.

@VoidofLight They should have just did all that for a new mario kart game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

TheJGG

HotGoomba wrote:

Mario Kart 7 is the worst non-mobile Mario Kart.

All of Mario Kart Wii's control schemes suck.

Double Dash is great, but doesn't need a full sequel, I'd rather Nintendo bring it back as a mode.
Super Mario Kart is god awful, so is that GBA one who's name I forgot.

Mario Kart 64 is amazing, but there's little reason to come back to it.

Mario Kart DS is the best one just for having R.O.B. as a character.

The arcade Mario Kart games are incredibly underrated and need to be on consoles.

I love how Mario Kart 8 only had one item slot since it had more strategy.

8 Deluxe is the only Mario Kart we needed on Switch, but Live was a cool concept.

Mario Kart Tour is awful, I know that that's a common opinion, but my god I hate it, Mario Run is so much better.

Yes, fair enough.

Yes, it was such a chore to play.

I haven't played Double Dash but I'm all for that.

Haven't played it but I agree.

I loved DS, and funnily I never even unlocked ROB

I played one at a Dubai airport... not bad at all!

Didn't think of it that way but fair.

Yeah 8's just fine. It's a great game with a ton of tracks and racers. Good to tide us by.

That's why I never got it.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

jump

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Snatcher wrote:

Mario 64 is kinda well it is pretty much trashy, the controls are wack, the camera never works

Counterpoint, compare Mario 64 to any other 3D game made before 1998.

You make it sound like Bug! and Bubsy 3D weren't the height of 3D platforming!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sunsy

Been playing Claymates on SNES Switch Online, ok I got to admit, some of the ideas here are cool, and I'm enjoying the game.

Speaking of Switch Online's SNES and NES offerings, I kind of like some of these lesser known SNES games that get put onto the Switch Online. Yeah they're not well known games, but I really enjoyed playing Magical Drop II, Psycho Dream, Pop'n TwinBee and Panel de Pon, which didn't even come out in the US, nor did I know anything about them.

Sunsy

kkslider5552000

I feel bad for the more obscure games that get **** on because stupid manbabies hate games that aren't referenced in Super Smash Bros.

I feel not remotely bad for Nintendo, who have humiliated themselves for ages now because their unfortunately otherwise successful plan of giving people old games instead of improving their actual online service has exposed itself because all those other companies with old games people still care about don't actually need a virtual console and can just re-release games how they want.

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 I wouldn’t call everyone who’s displeased by the offerings of the switch online service “man babies”, as they have to pay for it to get access to these games. It makes less sense when Japan actively gets the better games, while all the other countries are stuck with titles no one ever heard about or really cared for.

Silly_G

It's not even the case that Japan gets the "better games". You just need to be intuitive enough to access them, and anybody with an NSO subscription can access the Japanese exclusive games without issue.

All you need to do is create an additional profile on your Switch and link it to a Japanese NNID (which is easy enough to make). You can then use that profile to access the Japanese eShop to download their respective NES/SNES apps (which are separate to the Western ones) without any additional requirements (i.e. you do not need a separate Japanese NSO subscription in order to play these).

Sure, there are language hurdles (the Japanese eShop is entirely in Japanese regardless of your system settings), but there are apps to help out with that. All you really need to look out for are 体験版 (taikenhan), which means 'demo version' and 英語 (eigo), which means English. It's easy enough to figure it all out, though familiarising oneself with Kana (Hiragana/Katakana, but especially the latter) can also help a lot in reading and searching for titles.

I primarily use my Japanese profile to ascertain which Japanese releases contain English support in case I want to import games that have no physical release in the West (a few such releases include the late 2019 release of the Olympics, as the Western release was still up in the air; Coffee Talk, Bayonetta 1, Ninja Gaiden Master Collection etc.) and to download the odd Japan-exclusive demo. In my experience anyway, most Asian releases (that typically use the Japanese carts) that contain English support will also have English-language packaging (unlike the Japanese release), for those who prefer that, and better still is that many of them don't have any rating logos on the packaging either.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

kkslider5552000

VoidofLight wrote:

I wouldn’t call everyone who’s displeased by the offerings of the switch online service “man babies”, as they have to pay for it to get access to these games. It makes less sense when Japan actively gets the better games, while all the other countries are stuck with titles no one ever heard about or really cared for.

I'm not calling them that for not getting what they want but more because they should be annoyed at the service regardless of getting the games they want, because no one should have to pay to play Nintendo's games online with how bad their actual online service is. But instead would be placated by re-releasing the "correct" SNES game/s.

also that they are legitimately angry online at the obscure games at the same time. Which is dumb, the games didn't prevent Earthbound from being on the service!

Buizel

Some new ones from me, after hearing others' views on these topics:

1. Am I the only one enjoying Skyward Sword less on the Switch? I'm willing to accept that this is the objectively better version...it's just me that's changed? I absolutely loved the game on the Switch - the story, characters and setting were great (I still quite like these), and I quite enjoyed the motion controls at the time. I would even say it was my favourite Zelda for a brief period of time. But this time around? Eh... I don't have the patience for motion controls anymore, particularly for anything that isn't the swordplay. Button controls are a welcome addition (and currently my preferred way of playing), but it's very clear that they're a substitute for a game that was built around motion controls, and a lot of actions just seem rather clunky and counterintuitive. There's a lot to love here, but it all just feels rather cumbersome, and I'd just rather go back to any other Zelda game.

2. I've never felt that 3DS/Wii U were a "perfect" fit for a new Pokemon Snap. Can anyone enlighten me on this? The idea of moving these controllers around like a camera just sounds awful to me...especially after playing those horrendous special stages in Sonic Lost World (3DS). That said, I really did like Face Raiders for what it was...a tech demo that you play maybe once or twice when you get your 3DS. But basing a whole game around this concept?

Edited on by Buizel

Previously "timleon" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: who can keep track anymore.

kkslider5552000

Buizel wrote:

The idea of moving these controllers around like a camera just sounds awful to me...especially after playing those horrendous special stages in Sonic Lost World (3DS). That said, I really did like Face Raiders for what it was...a tech demo that you play maybe once or twice when you get your 3DS. But basing a whole game around this concept?

I assume that an AR tech demo and a bad Sonic thing are not the same as what people had in mind.

Buizel wrote:

I'm willing to accept that this is the objectively better version...it's just me that's changed?

If more people did this, this thread and lots of gaming arguments would probably be reduced by half.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SM3DASislit

Sorry for the late replies, guys. I’ve just been busy, doing good just busy.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SM3DASislit wrote:

Also, the way that Nintendo advertised New Horizons made it look like it was going to be an enhanced version of New Leaf (but not a direct port or DX version of it)

They did not.

New Horizons was shown to be exactly what it ended up being. Everything about what it was made very clear by Nintendo, before release.

@kkslider5552000
I’m sorry, I misspoke (mistyped?) what I said. I just had a mix up in my head, if that makes sense. What I meant to say was that I was hoping it would be like an enhanced version of New Leaf, and I felt that Nintendo did focus on the creativity aspect, but I also felt that the New Horizons ads did kind of make it look like it was trying to go for the Smash Ultimate route, with having the majority of the old features in, while also having a big emphasis on the new content.

I hope I’m making (at least) some sense; and I’m sorry again for the miscommunication the first time.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@SM3DASislit
Let me tell you something.
The old Animal Crossing idea about being lonely and the animal villagers moving out by themself was based on the creator of Animal Crossing's experience when they work at Nintendo HQ and feeling lonely, then the experince of that being used in old Animal Crossing. The creator want to make the players feel how was being lonely, how was the feeling of losing the villagers, etc. But here is the thing, i don't like that idea as i treat Animal Crossing like The Sims games rather than being a Nintendo style life sim because i am really ambitious people when i like with certain things so i will do anything to get them like crazy even i have to spend tons of hours to get them and make them stay in my island forever. The game was supposed to be have villagers cycle but i completely against that feature because i really want to prove that i am the god who can take control everything in the game and i really did it.

@Anti-Matter
I do know that’s why the series was created, but thanks for letting me know anyways. I also agree with you in the fact there were some features in the previous AC games that made the experiences not as good as it could have been, like villagers painting your roof for no reason, or not getting the hairstyle that you wanted.

Sorry to hear about your Raymond fiasco, it sounds like everything is fine now, though.

You can play Animal Crossing like the Sims if you want, but all I’m saying is to not expect Nintendo to treat New Horizons like The Sims, and the majority of people playing New Horizons (or Animal Crossing) will want to play it like a life sim. Either way of playing it is totally fine, and if someone disagrees with your Animal Crossing opinions (or any other opinions you may share in the future), you guys can just “agree to disagree”.

The reason people get upset at you with the opinions you share, is because if you share the same opinion over and over again, you’ll sound like a “broken record”, just like Lyle, and I know you don’t want to be a “broken record”, because I know that’s something that you really dislike.

The other reason that people get upset at you with the opinions you share, is because people think you’re wanting them to believe in your opinions, even though you’re just sharing your opinion, and you don’t understand why others don’t understand your opinion. I understand this, because I struggle with the same thing, and it’s something I have to constantly work on, and will probably do so for the rest of my life.

I’m saying these things to help you out, so that you can know how to handle situations like this in the future.

I hope I’m making (at least) some sense, and I hope that you have a good rest of your day and a good rest of your weekend.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I going to be busy throughout the summer, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

PlusUltra

7 is my favorite mario kart. I feel it has the best controls and course layout. Maybe i just havent got use to controls in 8 but it doesnt feel right to me plus im not a fan of anti grativy on regular stages. I like the f zero levels but dislike anti gravity on normal stages. I liked double dash but hated the wario stage but especially the rainbow stage due to its layout. I have not played mario kart wii yet.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic