Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,201 to 9,220 of 9,493

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 Oh man you missed, it really does suck bc he sure was a funny troll.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Maaryotyme

Why couldn’t we keep him. I promise I would’ve fed him on time. I’m disappointed with the mods. Down with this

Maaryotyme

TheFrenchiestFry

The load times in the PS1 version of FFVI are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be and I honestly think in some areas the PS version of FFVI is better than the GBA port because of the completely uncensored script/translation that doesn't skim around certain themes of violence that are slightly more subdued by the SNES/GBA versions and kind of take away from the story's levity

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

kkslider5552000

I always forget FFVI is even on PS1. I know they put 1 and 2 and Chrono Trigger, but I've almost never heard a single person even mention FFVI Ps1.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

jump

Maaryotyme wrote:

Why couldn’t we keep him. I promise I would’ve fed him on time. I’m disappointed with the mods. Down with this

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@kkslider5552000 FFVI PS1 and V for that matter are kind of skimmed over when talking about the ports of older Square titles. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that those ports are really bad, and while they aren't perhaps as polished as the SNES originals or even subsequent versions like FFV/VI on GBA or Chrono Trigger on DS/Steam/Mobile, they're still perfectly playable and preserve the bulk of the experience from the original versions just fine

Really the only truly bad ports imo are whatever the hell those old PC/mobile ports of FFV and VI were because those were awful all around. Hopefully Pixel Remaster's a good apology in that regard

TheFrenchiestFry

roy130390

I'm heartbroken. I met grayghost668 for a short span but we had a special bond. I think I'll never adopt another one again...

R.I.P. grayghost668 (2021-2021)

Anyway, moving on @TheFrenchiestFry Chrono Trigger is one of the few classic games that I've never played. I kinda fear that it doesn't live up to how much it has been praised, but I think that I will really like it. Besides, I really love Toriyama's art style. It certainly adds a lot of points for me just for that.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

TheFrenchiestFry

@roy130390 I understand approaching Chrono Trigger with caution after how much it's been lauded. It and FFVI are basically the go to games in terms of discussing which one was better during Square's golden age in the 90's, but it's for good reason since that game has amazing presentation, great characters and satisfying combat, incredible music and one of the best plots involving time travel I've ever seen

Even if you're a JRPG novice it's like a quintessential game of the genre to check out

TheFrenchiestFry

Balta666

I don't remember if I said this before in here but Twilight princess is the most underrated Zelda game as it has some of the best characters in the whole series (Midna is absolutely fantastic), has by far the best combat with the upgrade system, the dungeons are cool and the setting is really well done. The only thing not as great is the artstyle. I played back to back for the first time in 2019 TP and SS and is like wine and vinegear lol

Balta666

TheFrenchiestFry

@Balta666 Is it underrated? I don't really think it's frequently left out of the conversation when discussing the better 3D Zeldas even if Ocarina and Majora usually dominate the conversation

TheFrenchiestFry

Balta666

@TheFrenchiestFry obviously not that people say is a bad game but that is rarely on top 5 Zelda games for instance. It looks a bit like the ugly duck at times

Balta666

Ralizah

It doesn't help that the first 3 - 5 hours of the game are so boring. It's really lacking in the charm department, IMO. And yeah, the gene pool in Link's hometown looks VERY shallow. The wolf sections all feel like a waste of time as well.

The main thing is has going for it is the dungeon design, which is pretty solid, and easily the best sidekick in the series in the form of Midna.

I haven't played SS, but it'd probably be at the bottom of my Zelda game list, I think. They're all great games, so that's not particularly damning.

As for Chrono Trigger, I did play the NDS version, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. Earthbound also wasn't my cup of tea.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)

Upcoming
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Snaplocket

@Ralizah Midna's undeniably a great character, I just wish she debuted in a better game.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

VoidofLight

The only reason I could never beat twilight princess was because of the one fight in Hyrule field with the guy on the boar. My heart beats out of my chest every time.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

TheJGG

@Balta666 After playing Skyward Sword again (the first four dungeons at least) I appreciate Twilight Princess a lot more. Not that it degrades my opinion of SS but it made me realise TP is a good game. The world's a bit empty but there's a ton of heart pieces, bugs, and puzzles, and easily the best dungeons I have ever played through in any Zelda game. Massive, engaging, and challenging all in nine excellent packages. I miss those kinds of dungeons, because those were adventures in of themselves.

Midna's one of the best sidekicks for sure, her development is quite good. The characters in general are. But the artstyle ages poorly for sure.

@VoidofLight I couldn't beat it (over ten years ago that is) was because how terrifying the hands were in the eighth dungeon.

Edited on by TheJGG

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I honestly should dig up my Wii U and play Twilight Princess HD from start to finish, since from what I’ve played, it’s one of the better entries.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

TheJGG

@VoidofLight I think that too. I'm able to but the convenience of having my Switch play almost all of the games I also have on Wii U stops me. I wouldn't do it just yet though, I plan on waiting until after a possible September Direct. If nothing TP-related is announced I'll play through it, and if so, I'll buy the game.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic