Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 8,601 to 8,620 of 12,088

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter But the thing is, that’s your opinion that it’s better, just as it’s mine and many others that it’s worse.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
ACNH is a completely different game than ACNL and older Animal Crossing so i will not expecting a carbon copy from old Animal Crossing. Just be completely different game and i like better than ACNL.
I don't understand with all the complaints about missing features on ACNH.
I mean, you want to play hardcore and torturing yourself with very strict and stiff features from older Animal Crossing ?
You felt happier for missing your villagers without your permission?
You felt happier for keep triggering the different yada yada yada everyday ?
You felt happier by not making your island beautiful ?
Seriously you want to play very hardcore like that for ACNH ??
I don't even want to play with old Animal Crossing style like that with all my logical thinking. Even on other Animal Crossing, every their version have something exclusive and something that didn't featured on it. I don't even mind for missing the things from older Animal Crossing such as Bus / Constellation from City Folk or the replacement of some villagers (Chip, Nat, Joan, etc) with new one (CJ, Flick, Daisy Mae, etc) or hide and seek from ACNL because i don't really expect those features returned on ACNH. Regardless of those features returned on ACNH or not, i keep enjoy ACNH by given major improvements in building sim aspect, keeping the villagers forever, time travel without losing the villagers, searching custom design from kiosk, respawned rare villagers visit trick, crafting, etc. Those major improvements on ACNH that made me really happy despite lack of the trivial things you keep complaining about.

Anti-Matter

Crockin

tropical freeze: ok for 1 and done. forgettable.

Crockin

HotGoomba

Crash Bandicoot is average at best.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

SwankyKong64

@VoidofLight highly agree. New Horizons is devoid of content and lacks the charm of the serious. Genuinely hate that game just because it is so disappointing. It could've easily become the best animal crossing but the lazy Splatoon devs have a fix it later mentality.

SwankyKong64

VoidofLight

@SwankyKong64 I’m moreso disappointed than anything else really. I don’t hate the game, but moreso feel like the 7 year wait led to nothing but a game which divided the fanbase/playerbase. It’s a shame that there’s more content in a 40 dollar 3Ds game than there is in a 60 dollar switch game.

Anti-Matter

@SwankyKong64
The charm of older Animal Crossing games are not even fun at all for me in my opinion.
I will be pissed off and quit playing Animal Crossing games forever for losing my villagers without my acknowledge for not playing Animal Crossing everyday.
I will be bored for unable to beautify my island outdoor and indoor.
I will be annoyed for triggering long yada yada yada from certain villagers like Lyle or Blathers or Harriet (just talk briefly and to the point, no yada yada or confusing interview please).
I'm glad those issues have been fixed on ACNH so i can do Time Travel anytime i want without losing my villagers, i can keep my villagers forever, i can beautify my island as my vision, i can crafting items, i can arrange my house interior quickly like HHD, i can take photo anywhere, i can exploit items from rare villagers visit (Redd, Celeste, Gulliver, etc) by keep doing Time Travel, the villagers talk shortly without long yada yada yada.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@HotGoomba I'd say it's pretty bad honestly. Has a couple decent moments in the trilogy but it's more frustrating than anything.

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Dude, We never not once said for a fact it was bad, and I said a lot of people think so= opinion.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

SwankyKong64

@VoidofLight 20 dollar 3ds game now. Yeah it’s shear disappointment that turned into the for me. Seeing Nintendo evolve into a lazy company has turned me (one of their biggest fans) into someone who’s always negative about the company now.

SwankyKong64

SwankyKong64

Anti-Matter wrote:

@SwankyKong64
The charm of older Animal Crossing games are not even fun at all for me in my opinion.
I will be pissed off and quit playing Animal Crossing games forever for losing my villagers without my acknowledge for not playing Animal Crossing everyday.
I will be bored for unable to beautify my island outdoor and indoor.
I will be annoyed for triggering long yada yada yada from certain villagers like Lyle or Blathers or Harriet (just talk briefly and to the point, no yada yada or confusing interview please).
I'm glad those issues have been fixed on ACNH so i can do Time Travel anytime i want without losing my villagers, i can keep my villagers forever, i can beautify my island as my vision, i can crafting items, i can arrange my house interior quickly like HHD, i can take photo anywhere, i can exploit items from rare villagers visit (Redd, Celeste, Gulliver, etc) by keep doing Time Travel, the villagers talk shortly without long yada yada yada.

that’s cool and all but that’s not the issue. The issue is the lack of content which kills this game. What’s the harm in having old features? You’re content with paying more for less?

SwankyKong64

Anti-Matter

@SwankyKong64
What was the lack of contents did you mean ?
Brewster Cafe?
Police Station?
Tortimer Island?
I think ACNH was already Perfect for me even without those things at the moment, as long i can keep my villagers forever and doing Time Travel without worrying of losing my villagers.

Anti-Matter

I-U

My biggest issue with Animal Crossing: New Horizons is that it over complicates and interrupts the collecting loop for bugs, fish and fossils. If the island was completely flat by default and equipment didn't break, New Horizons probably would have been my favorite game in the series. Wild World remains my favorite with New Horizons behind it. I haven't played the original, and I think I may eventually give New Leaf another chance with the praise it has gotten following ACNH.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

HotGoomba

I like New Horizons more than other people, but I want the game to be a little more interesting. I'm not just talking about the overall content either.

I want (some) of the villagers to hate me/get in arguments with me, Animal Crossing One style.

It would make the game a lot more interesting and fun, but could also help you form stronger opinions on villagers, instead of just hating them because they look like a beaten up cheeseburger. It would also force the developers to make many more dialogue for villagers.

Of course, they shouldn't swear at us, or do anything that would raise the game to E10+. Unless it's murder. Yeah definitely murder.

But I think that it would have made me hooked on New Horizons way longer.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

chapuH

HotGoomba wrote:

It would also force the developers to make many more dialogue for villagers.

On that note, it does get tiresome talking to villagers after a while, especially if you've got lots of the same type of villager (you probably do, which is kind of inevitable). And since there are only 8 personalities, it's like talking to the same 8 villagers over and over again, even if you chop and change villagers. Stardew Valley has less villagers but more personalities in comparison, which I would say is the preferable choice.

Hope you're having a good day.

VoidofLight

I just want better progression. More to work towards in the game for those who aren’t heavy on the design aspect. Small holidays to come back, and villagers having weight to them instead of just being hostages.

Losermagnet

HotGoomba wrote:

I want (some) of the villagers to hate me/get in arguments with me

That made me lol. I totally get it though. NH is unrelenting sunshine. I really want to serve my villagers disgusting coffee lol

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

MPSSislit

@VoidofLight
Okay, that's what I was thinking. Sounds like we both were in the same spot. I also stopped playing it after a couple of months of playing it as well. I stopped playing in August. The only times I've gone on New Horizons recently is to do multiplayer. I've tried to explain to my friends and family why I dropped New Horizons, but they don't seem to get it, and some of them they've played the series for as long as I have (Although they haven't played it as much as I have).

Honestly, I feel like it takes longer to progress in New Horizons. In the first game, you were able to start progressing within an hour (or hour and a half), while with New Horizons, it probably took me a week (or two), to get everything up and running.

@kkslider5552000
Like VoidofLight said, New Horizons just doesn't have the charm that the previous Animal Crossing games have had.

Also, for me, it more is like "they may not have succeeded at [insert event here], but at least they tried" attitude with the previous games, while with New Horizons it's more along the lines of "did they even try with [insert event here" or "they dropped the ball with adding features people want back in" attitude, if that makes sense.

For a normal game, 2 months is a fair amount of time for a game, but I feel that Animal Crossing is one of those games that you're supposed longer than other games, like a year or two (or even more than that).

Also, the way that Nintendo advertised New Horizons made it look like it was going to be an enhanced version of New Leaf (but not a direct port or DX version of it) while having the new features, or having more like the Smash Ultimate of Animal Crossing. I know it's unrealistic to think that everyone Nintendo-owned series on Switch will be like Smash Ultimate with each series, but I mentioned earlier, the marketing kind of made it look that way, if that makes any sense.

@Losermagnet
That's an interesting way to look at Animal Crossing. It makes sense, I just didn't think about it like that before. The original is my favorite as well.

I do hope that New Horizons continues to get updated, and that the updates are big.

Don't worry, I think that most people will understand the frustration with the Mega Man series, as it can be really hard (from what I've heard). Now, if you say something negative about the Metroid series (or Metroidvania's in general), that's when you would need to run, LOL.

@Anti-Matter
People got into Animal Crossing because of the life-sim aspect, not necessarily because of the creative aspects. I'm glad that you like that aspect of the game, but the majority of players want the life-sim aspects back.

I think it's good to express your opinions on things. That being said, you have to be very careful that you don't sound like what people call a "broken record". I'm saying that because you have mentioned that you think that you like New Horizons a lot. While it's not a bad thing that you like New Horizons, you have mentioned it quite a few times, so people might get annoyed that you're repeating the same opinion over and over again. Just wanted to make you aware of that, so that you know for the future.

I will agree with you in the fact that there were some annoying aspects of previous of Animal Crossing, like villagers moving out on their own or painting your roof for no random reason, but there are also some good aspects of them as well, like having more in-depth events, and having other various things sprinkled in here and there to add to the charm . The yada yada and villagers moving out is supposed to be based on reality.

People will be more likely to move (or go somewhere else) if they don't feel supported or welcome, and if no one talks to a particular person for a while they will want to go somewhere else where they hope they will be appreciated.

The yada yada shows that some people will go on and on about something that you weren't wanting to talk about at that moment (or at all), and you have to either deal with it, or kindly ask the person if they could listen to the other person first, or ask them to please not bring up the topic.

I hope I'm making at least some sense, and I hope I'm not coming across as sharp or rude.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

kkslider5552000

SM3DASislit wrote:

Also, the way that Nintendo advertised New Horizons made it look like it was going to be an enhanced version of New Leaf (but not a direct port or DX version of it)

They did not.

New Horizons was shown to be exactly what it ended up being. Everything about what it was made very clear by Nintendo, before release.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@SM3DASislit
Let me tell you something.
The old Animal Crossing idea about being lonely and the animal villagers moving out by themself was based on the creator of Animal Crossing's experience when they work at Nintendo HQ and feeling lonely, then the experince of that being used in old Animal Crossing. The creator want to make the players feel how was being lonely, how was the feeling of losing the villagers, etc. But here is the thing, i don't like that idea as i treat Animal Crossing like The Sims games rather than being a Nintendo style life sim because i am really ambitious people when i like with certain things so i will do anything to get them like crazy even i have to spend tons of hours to get them and make them stay in my island forever. The game was supposed to be have villagers cycle but i completely against that feature because i really want to prove that i am the god who can take control everything in the game and i really did it.
To tell you, i spent for damn 10 days in a row with 5 hours gameplay each day just to get Raymond appear in my campsite as i really want to get him as my permanent villager since the new villagers in ACNH didn't have Amiibo cards so i have to find them by Time Travel exploit trick. And what do you think if after all my efforts to get Raymond as my villager then suddenly he moved out by himself without my acknowledge ?
I will be really pissed off, triggered my wrath and i might destroy my Switch and completely quit playing ACNH because i felt i got trolled by Nintendo. Peoples call losing the villagers by their initiative was a charm, i completely disagree, it was a big troll from Nintendo. I don't even care with the reality things in our life by losing friends or something, i don't like that idea and i don't want to feel it. I want to keep all my favorite villagers forever, just let me keep them all because i played Animal Crossing for not tasting how was being lonely or losing my villagers.

About yada yada yada in Animal Crossing, can you imagine how annoying whenever you talk to certain villager they will start to babble nonsense like they talk a lot of things and i have to press B button repeatedly because i don't like chatterbox peoples even in real life. I don't like long train babble so say the things briefly, no yada yada please, just shut up already. If you remember Lyle from Wild World until New Leaf, can you imagine how annnoying he is everytime he open his mouth, he will talking blah blah blah with very long dialogues like a broken record ?
Peoples called the yada yada yada as a charm, but for me i it was as a troll. I'm glad Nintendo trimmed the dialogues into shorter conversations in ACNH, just say the things to the point, not babbling around.
I don't really care with various dialogues in Animal Crossing as i have played other games with same repeated dialogues if you talk to same NPC more than one time. Peoples keep saying Animal Crossing is a social game, you are supposed to like to read the 101 variety of dialogues, but i disagree as my purpose to play Animal Crossing is keep my villagers forever, take control the time, exploit the things by Time Travel and beautify my island, not looking for yada yada yada. Also, can you imagine how confusing to figure it out what kind of your hairstyle looking and the colors you want by answering the questions from Harriet in Shampoodle ?
She will not ask you directly what hairstyle do you want and what color exactly you want, instead she will ask you with very confusing words like i have no idea what was that about. I want some spiky haircut but she asked me with very confusing questions in order to get that haircut and it was something that really annoying for me. I don't like when i want something, peoples keep puzzling me with nonsense questions, just say it clearly.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic