Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,761 to 11,780 of 12,088

FishyS

@Anti-Matter I agree Kao is a good game. And I do like the plot and dialogue in that game.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

VoidofLight

@FishyS Link has a personality, although it's hard to pick up on because he's silent. There's many moments through many games where Link gives reactions, or is a bit strange at times. I'd much rather play as Link than Zelda, because his silence is pretty much a trademark of his character.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

Mario and Link are both similar in that they can have a ton of personality but more often than not do not.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Themagusx1

I can’t stand the Last of Us. It’s story telling us basic and there is so much better stuff out there storytelling wise, than that series. And yes I am talking about the first game and not just the second game.

Themagusx1

VoidofLight

@Themagusx1 Same. I don't get why people think it's the pinnacle of gaming. It's just basically a zombie movie if you added interaction to it.

Themagusx1

@VoidofLight Exactly. And there are just many many games with better stories out there. The games story is basic, and the characters are not far from one dimensional.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@WaveBoy The thing with Resident Evil it tries to evoke fear, where as the Last of Us tried to be emotional and it tried way too hard to humanize heir characters, but they were bland. Joel losing his daughter was a cheap way to make him into a surrogate father to Ellie. Everything in that ***** game was cheap.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@WaveBoy I don’t mind myself personally a game evoking emotion, it just has to do it well, and I know ,any games that are not Triple As that do it well. But I get your point and I agree that many games hollywoodized and bloated hand holding.

Themagusx1

VoidofLight

The reason I don't really find The Last of Us interesting is because it feels like a genuine movie with some bits of gameplay here and there. What I want from a story driven game is a game that can be cinematic, whilst also having a heavy focus on the gameplay itself. Something like how Final Fantasy XVI does, where it's cinematic at the times which it needs to be, but also is a genuine game through and through.

Edit: I love games that make me feel some sort of emotion. It's rare for it to happen, but when a story really resonates with me, it becomes one of my favorite games. NieR was one of the few games that genuinely made my heart break into pieces, and the story of that game influenced my own storytelling.

Edited on by VoidofLight

kkslider5552000

I generally don't care how a game does storytelling as long as its like...good storytelling. If you put a good movie in the middle of my video game then its still good, so...ok. Maybe not the most natural way to tell a story in a game but good is good.

Games that waste my time with its story can go away though. Like whenever I try to be invested or entertained by long cutscenes and its just boring...why did you bother then? Cut it out and let me play the game. My go to game for this is Vanquish. A game I would've liked more (if not particularly loved) if I skipped all the cutscenes, which is probably like 1/6 of the total time of the main campaign. And hot take, a good chunk of Bayonetta 2's story is also actively worse than just ignoring it, and no amount of "oh how over the top and crazy" makes it actually as fun as it is trying to be half the time. Metal Gear Rising and Wonderful 101 are actually really fun stories for what they are, so it especially stands out compared to those (let alone something like Nier: Automata). I tried to watch the story they told and I wish I didn't sometimes, so maybe they shouldn't have bothered if I would've had a better time if I had skipped cutscenes.

Similar potentially hot take: Age of Calamity slowly lost me too in terms of story (and it started at a "its alright"), despite my best efforts, and the weird retcon it does to not actually tie into BOTW is only part of the problem. I don't get the hype for much of Zelda cutscenes in this era in general, Zelda's done way better storytelling and the best storytelling in BOTW was generally the environmental storytelling. And the English voice acting is still too mid for a series this popular (though ask me again when I'm done with TOTK).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OreoTheSprigatito

I Think The NES Is Really Bad And The Game Selection Is Poor, Aside From Kid Icarus, Mario 3, And Duck Hunt.

Edited on by OreoTheSprigatito

OreoTheSprigatito

FishyS

OreoTheSprigatito wrote:

I Think The NES Is Really Bad And The Game Selection Is Poor, Aside From Battletoads, Mario 3, And Duck Hunt.

I mean, it's old. At the time I think NES was pretty universally considered incredibly amazing. So I would say dated rather than 'bad'. Mario 1 for example hasn't stood up to time nearly as well as Mario 3; it's still a classic, but not necessarily something most people want to actually play any more than most people want to watch really good but ancient and grainy black and white movies.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Themagusx1

OreoTheSprigatito wrote:

I Think The NES Is Really Bad And The Game Selection Is Poor, Aside From Battletoads, Mario 3, And Duck Hunt.

I have an unpopular opinion that goes against yours actually, Battletoads is not a very good game imo.

Themagusx1

NintendoByNature

Here's one. The original nes gamepad is one of my absolute favorite controllers.

NintendoByNature

OreoTheSprigatito

There's A Copy Of Yoshi Topsy Turvy At My Local Game Store, Should I Pick It Up?

OreoTheSprigatito

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic