Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,041 to 11,060 of 12,088

HotGoomba

PS5 games can run on Switch, it's just really hard to cram them down for the system, which is why most developers don't do it.

Now PS4 games, absolutely, but I can understand a game like RE2R being hard to port over since it's pretty graphically intensive, but it's still possible.

And don't get me started on Kingdom Hearts, I'm certain that every single game, even KH3, can run on Switch. I'm not breaking new ground with that statement, but I still find it ridiculous that they would even think about not just doing native ports of the Kingdom Hearts games, especially the spin-offs.

So basically, I hate Square Enix.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Matt_Barber

Square Enix did get Nier: Automata ported to the Switch, mind you.

I'd speculate that for every such "impossible" port we've seen there will have been many others attempted where the results were either that it turned out that the game just wasn't going to look and play in an acceptable fashion or it would have needed a lot of expensive extra work to make it that way. For games that aren't going to sell a huge number of copies that threshold could be very low.

It's entirely possible that they tried it that way with KH even, but fell back to the cloud versions when it didn't work out. Mind you, even by the standards of cloud gaming generally, they're apparently pretty rough.

Matt_Barber

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I mean, that’s bound to happen tho? People like stuff just as much as you do and when a number of people like a thing, it becomes popular! Are you telling me if your favorite thing became ocular you would hate it all of a sudden?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Depend on the franchises.
There are some very popular franchises that I like since they are really match with my personality such as Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons games, Dance Dance Revolution games, The Sims games despite if they are being measured by other popular franchises, they still have pretty small portion compared with Uber popular games such as smash bros games, splatoon games, Zelda games, etc.

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

@Matt_Barber Square Enix is the most conflicting company. On one hand, they made some good looking games and ports like Nier on Switch and Octopath Traveler. But on the other hand, they were too lazy to port 3DS Kingdom Hearts games and had a hand in Balan Wonderworld.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
"Are you telling me if your favorite thing became popular you would hate it all of a sudden?"

No, since I like the specific franchises, regardless of suddenly become very popular someday, I will not hating them all of sudden since the franchises I like are really matched with my personality.
I will get even more hyped when the franchises I like get more popularity and peoples will start to talk more about the franchises I like.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter But not the other way around? But hey you can like whatever you like and dislike whatever you like.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@HotGoomba balan wonder world is a masterpiece that should be played in schools

That is what put Sonic dude in jail. He tried to make the Cult of Balan, he should have followed the Moose.

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

The Gym Leader Theme in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet is fantastic and I'm stunned why people would think otherwise. Could it be looped better? Yes, but the dynamicness combined with those trumpets and techno beats is so damn good dude. I've loved this song ever since I heard it in the September trailer and I still love it now.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Skitrules

@Anti-Matter I feel like I hear this opinion a lot and it comes from I'm my opinion of the popular stuff being trashy but having extensive resources put into it whereas the more masterful stuff that isn't as popular but higher quality gets shunned. However in this day and age I feel like this industry is vast enough that most quality franchises are getting developed/revived that this shouldn't be a fear anymore. Just my 2 cents

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

Skitrules

Also, maybe unpopular maybe neutral but I like XC2 better than XC1 and XC3. Not by much but I just feel like the overall experience was the most impactful to me.

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

Sunsy

Since I was reminded of it, the 2019 Commander Keen designs, I like them. They gave me a Saturday morning cartoon feel. Since people didn't like it, I'll consider it unpopular.

However, it should have been used for a platformer instead of a now cancelled mobile game (guessing it's cancelled, haven't heard anything since), like the classic games. But that aspect is popular, so I don't think it would count for this thread. Still, the art-style wasn't liked from what I remember, so that's my unpopular opinion.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

blindsquirrel

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
This, half the paper Mario fans act like you just vomited murder if you say you like sticker Star.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic