Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,061 to 11,080 of 12,088

FX102A

Looking at the games I’ve owned for years but never played beyond the first 10-15 min I’ve come to realise that Character Creation is really a massive negative for me and goes as far as to stop me from playing as making the decision of committing to a character design I may regret later is too much of a decision for something that’s meant to make me relax.

To say nothing of how the story is usually impacted to accommodate all the options.

Maybe some day I’ll get past the character creation screens in Skyrim and Daemon x Machina.

FX102A

Buizel

@FX102A I feel the same for the most part.

If a game gives me too much choice over the appearance of my character I inevitably:
(i) Worry that I've not designed them well enough
(ii) Feel less connected to the character
(iii) Feel my character looks out-of-place in the in-game world

In single-player games, I would almost exclusively prefer to play as a character designed by a real character designer (give me your Links, Lara Crofts, Jokers, etc. over something I've create any day).

In multiplayer games where making your character distinct is quite important, I often see the valuein having fewer options.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

Huge sales from abysmal quality of Pokemon Scarlet / Violet are really pathetic.
Peoples need to educate themselves to not get blinded by branded loyalty.
Even you are a huge fan of something, when you get something really bad for once, you are allowed to feel disappointed and give critiques.
Don't let your logic get skewed by your loyalty of certain brand.
If you think that thing suddenly dreadful, just admit it is dreadful and don't support the lazy effort from well known brand.
If popularity made you get blinded, it made the unpopular things look way much better than the popular things.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Here I'm being transparent when judging something.
By my logical sense, when I saw the games with very dreadful performance like Pokemon Scarlet / Violet, I will not buy it and I will not try to enjoy them because it shown the unprofessionalism in front of me and it was really disrespect the customers.
Professionalism is really matter for me than popularity.
Even the unpopular games like Yokai Watch but with better performance than Pokemon Scarlet / Violet, I will pick that Yokai Watch games instead because I saw good quality with professional manner.
The huge number of game sales doesn't even matter for me, the only really matter for me is the games that matched with my personality and should be made with professional manner.
I appreciate more the unpopular games that made with dedicated effort rather than over popular games that made with tardiness.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika lol, I didn't notice that. I just remember the controversy being it was a mobile game. Still wish the art style could be used for a platformer games. Commander Keen is fun, and I could see the art style applied to a platformer in tradition of the original games.

As your post about opinions, usually if someone says something is good, it usually means they like it. Especially during casual discussion, where things don't go deep. It's enough to tell me that person likes said game, or movie, or show, book, etc. Similarly if someone says they love something, it says to me they think it's good. Again, casual discussion.

It's also important to remember, most entertainment opinions are subjective. If someone likes something a lot, it's going to play into their opinion more than someone who hates it. At the end of the day, just be respectful and there's no need to argue and fight over it. It's all stuff meant to be enjoyed.

There's good reason why I don't bother with reviews anymore, they usually are the reason why arguments start to begin with. If I say a game is good after playing it, someone will always point to the MetaCritic score, even if I disagree with it based on my own experiences.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

People say bp sucks, that true, but out of all of them, I still think Fortnite does it best. I honestly don’t really enjoy the overall idea of the BP, you have to pay money, and work for what you already payed for, but you get enough ingame currency to buy it next time for free if ya want! So for a pure ftp player, spend 8 bucks have enough self restraint and you can just keep getting free bp, if you have he time.
Now, games like multiversus and overwatch are starting to not add thing currency, and it ten bucks for it too, sure two bucks more, but for less content.

So you buy the overwatch bp, do all the grinding, what do you get, a f ew charms, skins you can’t even see , and no currency to buy the next one, I miss loot boxes in overwatch, I really do, and multiversus is doing this as well, so yes wile the idea of a bp kinda sucks, at least if you put in the time, your rewarded, and you can see your skins, you pay money, you can see your skins!

At least I’m not having to pay money for something that might be mega or not, too bad I got to grind the BP for the next hero, and if there good? Too bad pay ten bucks to get them now only to do it next bp.

So yeah in short I actually enjoy doing Fortnite’s bp, because they have lots of challenges around the end of a season, that even if I don’t play frequently, I can bum rush The Whole thing, normally isn’t a problem, but when it is it comes in clutch.

So yeah, thanks for reading this if you did disagree cool if you agree your cool! (Ok this last parts a joke ok)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Hayter

While the open world Gameplay for BotW is great, its a bad Zelda game because it has no real dungeons. Often heard, still true.

Hayter

Kermit1doesmath

BOTW is a tech demo. TOTK is the real game.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

Tears of the Kingdom should have been named The Breath Got Wilder

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

HotGoomba

It's Wilding Time!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Hayter

@Link-Hero I am not whining, I am posting an unpopular opinion in an unpopular opinion thread. Its unpopular for a reason, I am not looking for a mind changing discussion, the thread is meant to trigger you by design if you have conventional beliefs about games.

I can go a level higher: Wind Waker is a terrible game that feels like it was made for children, because all you do is walk forward. Compared to Ocarina of Time, its a terrible game.

Hayter

Fizza

Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

Saying that Wind Waker is the worst because you only walk forwards is outright ignoring the entirety of the game, as well as ignoring that other Zelda games basically could be boiled down to the same thing. Also shocking that a children’s game series is made for children! What’s next, complaining about pokemon for being made as if it’s made for kids, when that’s exactly what it’s made for?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

I'm very confused, on just a factual level.

I mean, yeah a lot of the game is linear (I'll ignore the obvious counterpoint to this for a second and assume you mean the parts that aren't a giant explorable ocean), but not anymore than...any Zelda game from that decade? Arguably since OOT but even moreso in the 2000s, through Skyward Sword, Zelda games were mostly very linear titles, at least for their main quests.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

I actually struggle with knowing where to go next in WW lol.

NintendoByNature

Hayter

I am not entertaining this any further as I dont see much enjoyment in fending of 5 angry fans. My opinion is unpopular for a reason, I dont think you people understand the meaning of this thread. Enjoy your sunday.

Hayter

Pizzamorg

Hayter wrote:

I am not entertaining this any further as I dont see much enjoyment in fending of 5 angry fans. My opinion is unpopular for a reason, I dont think you people understand the meaning of this thread. Enjoy your sunday.

This happens to me in here all the time lol It is so exhausting.

It is an unpopular opinion thread. Like literally, that is the thread. The opinions you share are by the design of the thread unpopular, so it shouldn't have to become the defend yourself against the angry fanboys thread every time.

I wish this thread was better moderated.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Hayter allow me to take over
God of war 2018/Ragnarok are what I want out of 3D zelda games. I’d rather play them than Tears of the Kingdom

Especially if TOTK has even half of the technical issues Pokemon SV has. As I am watching my weapons break in 10 fps in a jaggy blurry mess of visuals, a replay of Ragnarok is gonna seem real inviting. Then again somehow BOTW is better looking and more technically sound than SV is, so I don't think SV is necessarily a doom call.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic