Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I liked Paper Mario Sticker Star

Me too, bro.

Yet there is a whole thread hating on it :/

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

CaviarMeths

SirMiki wrote:

I enjoyed Twilight Princess more than Ocarina of Time.

I think this is a popular opinion depending on the age bracket. From what I've seen, most people under 20 prefer Twilight Princess and most people over 20 prefer Ocarina of Time of the two (generally speaking).

Most likely due to a person's favorite Zelda game often being their first.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nintendo_Ninja

technotaylor98 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I liked Paper Mario Sticker Star

Me too, bro.

Yet there is a whole thread hating on it :/

I know! Madness I tell you, MADNESS!
I should calm myself down.

It doesn't deserve all the hate.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

kkslider5552000

Sticker Star for me is kinda simultaneously a decent game with unexpectedly interesting gameplay ideas for a post-Galaxy 2 Mario title, and also a completely insulting disgrace as a Paper Mario game and an RPG in general. It's kinda weird.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NavySpheal

I think I'm the only person who thinks Luigi's Mansion 2 is no where near as good as the original. But I really have no idea how to explain it. The atmosphere? Not sure, it may just be nostalgia. That game freaked me out with all the ghosts when I was younger, and I loved it. Now the ghosts seem very one-dimensional and... Extremely cliché. I just don't know how to explain my reasoning.

I dunno.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

kkslider5552000

NavySpheal wrote:

I think I'm the only person who thinks Luigi's Mansion 2 is no where near as good as the original. But I really have no idea how to explain it. The atmosphere? Not sure, it may just be nostalgia. That game freaked me out with all the ghosts when I was younger, and I loved it. Now the ghosts seem very one-dimensional and... Extremely cliché. I just don't know how to explain my reasoning.

I dunno.

If I look at it sideways and squint, I can kinda see a more credible ghost story in the first game, whereas the sequel is straight up silly.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WhiteNoise17

NavySpheal wrote:

I dunno.

No,no,no your not the only one. I know the first one wasn't going for Resident Evil type horror but it definitely felt scary to me (I was 5 when I first played it) the atmosphere made me feel like I was in danger and alone. The ghosts(barring Madame Clairvoya) were all mostly hostile and acted like malevolent entities. Dark moon felt more like a comedy with ghost in it with some legitimate creepy moments, like the Doll Room in haunted towers, but with constant calls from E. gadd and with the removal of portrait ghost I felt like I was doing a routine extermination job on a bunch of derpy looking ghost. its still a good game but its not better than the original.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

AlexOlney

Skyward Sword had some of the ugliest character designs as well as focusing too much effort on the motion-control gameplay.

AlexOlney

Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

The Kirby franchise is rather mediocre and bland overall..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

CanisWolfred

AlexOlney wrote:

Skyward Sword had some of the ugliest character designs as well as focusing too much effort on the motion-control gameplay.

Amen, brother!

NavySpheal wrote:

I dunno.

Having played the original recently, I can assure you that the ghosts aren't actually scary, thought they do get in some good jump-scares every once in a while. The ghosts were creative and interesting, though. I haven't played LM2 yet, but in that regard it definitely has some high standards to live up to.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Twilight Princess was far worse on character designs imo...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Unca_Lz wrote:

Twilight Princess was far worse on character designs imo...

Aside from one or two (those creepy guys with the cannon), I thought Twilight Princess had the best character designs of the 3D games...or maybe all of Zelda, since the 2D game's "character designs" were mainly the promotional art...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Einherjar

@NavySpheal Youre definitly not alone on this Me any my GF too think, that Luigis Mansion 1 is better than its sequel. LM2 is awesome, dont get me wrong, but the original is just a tad better.
The funny thing is, even though its goofy and cartoony, it was more frightening than most other survival horror games out there The atmosphere was just brilliant.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Maelstrom

shaneoh wrote:

TLoZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons were better than Link's Awakening

I completely disagree, but that's probably because Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game, and one of the first video games I actually beat. If you played seasons first, I understand (sort of), because it's basicly the same engine as Link's Awakening DX. But I think awakening has a lot more charm to it.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Falchion

The original Pikmin is better than Pikmin 2 or Pikmin 3.

Falchion

spizzamarozzi

I'm not a fan of orchestral music in videogames.
I remember seing a documentary about the making of this licenced movie game, and the guy in charge of the music was explaining how he composed the tunes with the computer and then paid this 80-piece orchestra to replicate it. The result was obviously impressive sound-wise, but the tunes themself were very uninspired and forgettable.
If companies have to spend a million dollar to produce the orchestral equivalent of cocktail music, I'm not having it.
I just don't like this approach of music being layer over layer over layer of stuff.

I think Nintendo & Co. are doing a brilliant job in this regard. I really love the usage of the acoustic guitar in Xenoblade Chronicles, and the electric guitar parts in Super Mario 3D World are memorable. I really wish they'd drop the bowed strings for the next Legend of Zelda and just overload the game with electro/acoustic instruments and a ton of brass.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

HappyHappyist

CanisWolfred wrote:

AlexOlney wrote:

Amen, brother!

I thought I was alone on this!

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Maelstrom

spizzamarozzi wrote:

I'm not a fan of orchestrated music in videogames.

Do you mean full orchestra and not orchestral? If you like Xenoblade Ch. style music, try listening to the Bravely Default soundtrack. It's one of the best, recorded from a live orchestra, but doesn't rely on strings. Nearly every song has a bass and electric guitar along with some brass or high strings. It's quite possibly the best video game soundtrack ever.

Edited on by Maelstrom

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic