Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 10,181 to 10,200 of 12,088

BruceCM

Is that how most people do it ....? The times I watched some streamer, I deliberately chose one with no or a few viewers! I certainly didn't throw any money at them, either

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

@monkeykong Video and Streaming platforms aren’t nearly as scummy as NFTs though. NFTs are legit harmful to the environment, and are actual scams. Youtube and Twitch are just user generated content platforms, and while some abuse it, it’s no-where as bad as NFTs

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

So, most of the film industry is money driven, @monkeykong .... & most TV shows? I'm not sure why you'd pick on streaming services, in such a general way, as they don't necessarily make the stuff & that's the point at which 'art' would be relevant

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

monkeykong wrote:

@BruceCM yes, everything is money driven. As I made clear, I consume like most people, but my point is that we've lost a considered consistency, a trusted editorial presence, if you want, in video game opinion and reviews through the rise of video and streaming services. It's a race to the bottom.

I do agree with this, it was what I was driving at in my last post in here. You can be a complete jabroni, but people will take what you say as gospel as long as your subscriber count is high enough. It is a disturbing trend. We should listen to informed voices, not the ravings of a kid in their bedroom. But the kid for some reason seems to end up getting the higher reach, despite having the least value in what they are saying.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

I hope I don't get ruined for this. Borderlands (Well, the DLC anyway) Is the most clunky shooter I have ever played, I did not enjoy playing it at all, and I thought the gunplay was just awful, please don @ me.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Oh, that sort of streaming, @monkeykong .... But then, it's not, say, Twitch's fault if some people treat the 'top' streamers that way. Not sure what solution you'd suggest, either? Also, though, who is 'informed voices'? I do think devs & publishers should listen to the actual audience, being those who do play the games, over some gaming journalist who doesn't necessarily know any more
But then I'm not sure who was the 'trusted editorial presence' before!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

BruceCM wrote:

Oh, that sort of streaming, @monkeykong .... But then, it's not, say, Twitch's fault if some people treat the 'top' streamers that way. Not sure what solution you'd suggest, either? Also, though, who is 'informed voices'? I do think devs & publishers should listen to the actual audience, being those who do play the games, over some gaming journalist who doesn't necessarily know any more
But then I'm not sure who was the 'trusted editorial presence' before!

I know you didn't tag me, but you referenced something I said:

I covered those thoughts here:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/upopul...

BruceCM

OK, I think you're both saying much the same, @Pizzamorg ..... &? Who does have 'education' in gaming? Those playing games a lot do have experience, at least! I'm not really disagreeing, just trying to see what could be done to improve things. & point out the highlighted problems aren't exactly caused simply by streaming services, either

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Yeah, I just don't think we were really disagreeing, @monkeykong .... I don't watch the popular streamers, when I watch any, which isn't often as I usually prefer to play the games instead
While I look at some reviews on various sites both for games I am thinking of getting or am not decided on, I don't really follow all the journalism for it all, either

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

BruceCM wrote:

OK, I think you're both saying much the same, @Pizzamorg ..... &? Who does have 'education' in gaming? Those playing games a lot do have experience, at least! I'm not really disagreeing, just trying to see what could be done to improve things. & point out the highlighted problems aren't exactly caused simply by streaming services, either

Well, for example, a lot of these voices could at least bother to learn the fundamentals of game design. So many of the "just fix the game" YouTubers who give these outlandish statements about solutions to games problems are either trolling or don't know the single thing about game design at all. And again, you shouldn't have to know anything technical to critique something but just critiquing is one thing. It is when Joe Bloggs is like 'this is the solution' and their cult are like 'yeah we agree', go harass a game dev, the game dev tries to explain this solution is literally impossible and then get boo'd out of the room. It is problematic.

kkslider5552000

Thankfully people pretending to be experts while being obviously ignorant yet convincing others via just their sheer popularity only affects gaming and absolutely nothing else! :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

Hmm, I miss all that stuff, @Pizzamorg .... I wouldn't usually feel strongly enough about any niggling games issues to really go trying to hassle anyone, though
I don't know much about the technical side, so if the devs say that something is impossible or would take so much work to do, etc, I'd tend to believe them

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

BruceCM wrote:

Hmm, I miss all that stuff, @Pizzamorg .... I wouldn't usually feel strongly enough about any niggling games issues to really go trying to hassle anyone, though
I don't know much about the technical side, so if the devs say that something is impossible or would take so much work to do, etc, I'd tend to believe them

I appreciate you may not come across it, but it does happen, all the time. And it is very much the place my anger comes from. Having a completely uninformed voice being given a large platform is usually disastrous, even if the person isn't intentionally malicious, ignorance can create malice. And so I do think those people do have a degree of duty of care to make sure they aren't speaking out of one side of their arse the whole time, but they rarely do and if they are ever challenged, usually they can hide behind their cult of fans and not have to face any responsibility for the potential harm or damage they cause by waffling some right *****.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Thankfully people pretending to be experts while being obviously ignorant yet convincing others via just their sheer popularity only affects gaming and absolutely nothing else! :V

Yeah, thank God people don't go on Facebook and somehow convince themselves Bill Gates hid a microchip in the vaccine.

BruceCM

Yeah, I didn't disagree with you originally, @Pizzamorg .... More clarifying things & adding some other points!
Along the lines @CactusMan says, that's really a much more general societal & internet thing, sadly That's why it'd be a lot more difficult to address the issues than it might have seemed

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

Oh yeah, I missed they deleted their account. That is weird?

RR529

People are being too dramatic about the MK8D DLC sourcing it's tracks from Tour.

Yes, the simpler/more cartoony art direction is noticeable, but as someone who has played Tour, I think the added lighting effects (and yes, even textures) do more than a good enough job to bring them up to console quality standards. The clouds in "Sky Garden" even have this "rolling" texture effect that I can't imagine exists in the Tour version.

I even saw one commenter that said the disparity is so jarring it makes the DLC unplayable (lol). I've been going back & forth between main game & DLC tracks, and while there is a noticeable difference in style, it's never been enough for it to register as "jarring" to me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snatcher

@RR529 Yeah I feel like I overreacted, Its not as bad as I thought, at all actually.

But I would be lying if I said it didn't look different, because yes, its different, and I understand if people don't want to buy it, in all honesty the fact that we are getting so many tracks, for such a low price, from nintendo of all people! Tells me they didn't really have to try with the tracks.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

Eh, I'm not going to buy it because I'd rather spend my money on stuff that's actually high quality, and not just made to make a quick buck. Nintendo made the courses in a style so they wouldn't have to put effort into the game, and so they don't deserve my money.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

RR529

@VoidofLight, Eh, I'd like to think that enhancing tracks made for Tour (rather than building them from scratch to match everything else in 8 exactly) is a job that's probably passed down to a "B team" of sorts, as a way to give the core team more time on the next actually new MK, which will probably launch on the next Switch (whenever that may be), while enhancing the longevity of 8D in the meantime.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sunsy

Don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, I know the game wasn't that popular, but I liked Realm Royale a lot more than Fortnite. No, I'm not hating Fortnite because it's "cool" to do, I just didn't enjoy Fortnite as much when I tried it.

I loved how Realm Royale's "down but not out" state turned you into a chicken. Funny, but useful as if you survive in the "chicken state" for 20 seconds, you come back with your stuff, up to three times, giving this battle royale a lives system of sorts. Also, loved how weapons I didn't want could be turned into shards, and then shards can be used at a forge, to make an even better weapon. Even riding a horse made traveling the big map quicker. These were gimmicks for Realm Royale, whereas Fortnite's is building.

Saddens me this game did not pick up like it did, of the Fortnite alternatives, I actually liked this one a lot. It can still be played, albeit missing players will fill up with bots.

Finally... it was the only battle royale game I won a solo game in, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic