Forums

Topic: Third Party wishes for 2020

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Ninja84

Hey everyone, first topic here. I was wandering what everyone’s biggest third party wishes is for the Switch in 2020. My personal list consists of alot of third person shooters because i dont think these a represented enough on the system. Also i dont have another system to play them on😉. My list goes as follows:
1. The Division 1 or 2 (Long shot!)
2. Metal gear Solid 5 or collection
3. Borderlands Handsome Collection
4. Remnant: From the ashes
5. Mass effect Trilogy
6. Dishonored 1 or 2
7. Splinter cell Double agent/Blacklist
8. Biomutant
9. Star Wars Battlefront 2
10. World War Z
12. Far cry 4
13. Hitman (One of the newer ones)

Ninja84

Zuljaras

1. Bioshock Complete collection.
2. Batman Arkham series.
3. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4.
4. Assassins Creed the rest of the games.

RR529

I'd like to see Ace Combat make it's Switch debut, preferrably an HD remaster of one of the PS2, PSP, or 3DS games, or port of a PS360 game.

The modern Ninja Gaiden trilogy would be great, as would a Dead or Alive.

I also really wish Capcom would remaster the rest of the Onimusha games, after really enjoying the first.

It's status as 3rd party is questionable since I think Nintendo has a stake in the franchise, but I'd be interested in trying out a Fatal Frame as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

@Ninja84 While I don't believe it likely the rumor of a Halo game on Switch is a juicy one that I'd like to actually happen.

That aside I do think Switch has a noticeable lack of FPS or third person shooters. I can think of 4 decent titles but none of them are really what I'm thinking of here. Yeah we have Splatoon, Paladins, Overwatch and Fortnite but I'm more thinking something in the COD, Battlefield, Halo, Borderlands vein.

I know a lot of people have been clamoring for a good "realistic" racing game too, so I hope something comes for them.

Personally though, I'm a big JRPG fan so I'd really like to see Kingdom Hearts and Persona on Switch. A new game in the Octopath Traveller line would be cool too.

And this could be a cop out, but I'd like to see some kind of new 3rd party IP take off. I have zero issues with sequels and new entries into existing series, but sometimes it does feel like devs rely on that a tad much.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

Too many hopes and dreams to count, but those near the top of the list would be...

GTA III / GTA VC / GTA SA Collection
Code Vein
Tekken 7
Soul Calibur VI
Nier Automata
Borderlands series
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Batman Arkham series
Max Payne series

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Glitchling78

As unlikely as this is, I’d love a The World Ends With You sequel on Switch. The original was so great but I wonder if sales of the re-releases haven’t been high enough to justify a another game. That world could be fleshed further and I’d love to see what they’d do for the music.

Glitchling78

kkslider5552000

My main third party wish is for companies to stop making games with such impressive graphics that they have to spend more money and have their employees waste more time and energy on increasingly irrelevant things that only exist to help Microsoft and Sony's marketing campaigns instead of adding to anything but the most superficial elements of a game. Especially since this has lead to making a smaller amount of games per major gaming companies, some of which are mediocre trash that exist to be addicting instead of fun or actually engaging.

This would also lead to more games on Switch instead of not and then those games would have another platform to be sold on while also costing less to make. I know I'm right since all those games got outsold to an absurd degree by Minecraft and GTA 5 anyway.

(also dont take this as me saying no one should make games that take advantage of PS5 graphics in the future, just that most of them are doing so largely to make more money off of graphics hype, which seems counterproductive to me)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

darkfenrir

For some reason or another I just want more good roguelites to come out to Switch. Like Hades. And some other good roguelites that look amazing.

(Also please localize Void Terrarium, NISA...)

darkfenrir

Wargoose

I would like

Power Stone Collection
Crazy Taxi Collection
Super Dodgeball(neogeo)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Capcom Vs SNK
King of Fighters XV
Chrono Trigger
Madworld

Wargoose