Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 989

jump

@blindsquarel clean wholesome evil sounds boring lol

It seems weird that these violent shows like Arrow or whatever which will spend a lot of time beating people up but then have the people just fall down with no pain or blood or any real consequence. It’s just a really warped reality so the sanitising violence for kids can happen.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

HotGoomba

@blindsquarel Weirdly enough, I'm perfectly fine with really any swear word in a show as long as it's used well. I used to be squeamish with violence too but I'm much more fine with it.

Never been a fan of explicit sex scenes though.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

blindsquirrel

@HotGoomba
I’m fine with most swearing, except for f- bombs and taking the lords name in vain.( yes I am religious)
Along with any other hard swear words. Most of the time I just feel they are unnecessary add ons.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

jump

You lot are so prudish. Sex, swearing and violence are powerful storytelling devices to elicit emotion by giving personality to the voice of the show/movie and add exclamation points to them for elevating the material.

Even if saying ****, watching people have sex (as you know real life people do actually have sex) or seeing just how brutal an attack can be are not core to the narrative lots of things aren't vitally important to the main narrative. Like Judy Garland singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow in The Wizard Of Oz or the bar scene where the French and Germans have a sing off in Casabalnce, if anything they upset the pacing of those films but take them away and you're losings important parts which make up the soul of what those movies are and I rather people not try to make the most bland as possible media ever.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

blindsquirrel

@jump
I will watch what I want to watch, and you can watch what you want to. But no, I won’t watch stuff that goes against my morals just because they are “ powerful storytelling devices”.

Rambler

Does this mean people have missed out on The Wire and The Thick of It?

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

blindsquarel wrote:

@HotGoomba
I’m fine with most swearing, except for f- bombs and taking the lords name in vain.( yes I am religious)
Along with any other hard swear words. Most of the time I just feel they are unnecessary add ons.

I second this. Though I can stomach a good deal of swearing. Also I watch Seinfeld sooooo.

@jump It's a free world not everyone wants to watch that stuff, not everyone wants to make it. Also.
Untitled

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

@blindsquarel @HotGoomba The same way watching Harry Potter doesn't make you a witch or watching Star Wars doesn't make you a Jedi it's entirely possible to watch a show with swearing or sex and you don't have to swear or sex yourself.

The thing is there is a direct correlation of the best shows often featuring swearing, sex and violence because they are often the made by the more bold and ambitious storytellers who don't want to tell bland boring stories.

@Rambler In fairness The Thick Of It is dated, da yoof of today wouldn't get the Alastair Campbell homage/satire.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquirrel

@jump
. All I know is that if something makes me feel like I have done something wrong, then I probably shouldn’t watch it. And watching those type of things make me feel that way. And there is nothing wrong with not wanting to watch movies/ tv shows with hard swearing and sexual content.

Kermit1doesmath

I'm not going to say anything else on this topic since I'd get banned thanks to my ****ing learning problems I was ****ing born with.

jump

@blindsquarel I never said there was although I do actually find it abit closed minded myself.

I’m pointing out that instead of complaining about these family friendly shows about jaunty costumed hero hitting bad people are wholesome yet boring and bland then watch shows that’s try to be more than boring and bland even if they do say ****breath, foot***** or ****face.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@Eagly is the season completed yet? I love Archer even the iffy coma seasons but I generally wait for all the episodes to come out before watching a season.

It will be interesting to see how they handle having no Mallory in the show now. It was such a vital cog in how the show worked so it will be hard to imagine not having her anymore.

Nicolai wrote:

HotGoomba

Ok. I'll admit. I unironically liked the latest episode of She-Hulk. And no it's not just because of Daredevil.

Anyways, can't wait for the last episode to stink like with Wandavision, Falcon, and a little with Moon Knight.

Edited on by HotGoomba

blindsquirrel

@HotGoomba
The thing that made me hate the moon knight finale was when they didn’t even show us the final fight. That was not the time to tease Jake lockley.( I think that is his name.)

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly Peacemaker is DC. Therefore you cannot crossover the two. wait put that away, no no
Untitled

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly neat. I think I know the one you're talking about. Was it the one with zoom and fishy.

HotGoomba

@Eagly I actually haven't watched much supe shows and movies outside of the MCU, but I definitely want to change that sooner or later.

I actually haven't seen Ms. Marvel beyond the first episode and I've heard mixed things about it, so I'll just form my own opinion when I finally finish the show in 2034.

And I do agree that She-Hulk is one of the best Marvel content of this year. Still deciding if I liked this more than Multiverse of Madness or not, but it's definitely way better than Thor LAT. And still looking forward to Wakanda Forever.

Kermit1doesmath

I didn't like anything from Marvel for the past 2 years

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic