Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 718

jump

Yo @Kevesilanz are you still about or have you changed your name again and I didn't realise?

I remember you talking about having a huge amount of love for Deep Space Nine. I've just watched the new Lower Decks episode where they did a cross over with DS9 with the actors playing Quark and Kira coming back to reprise their roles. The opening is fantastic where they poke loving fun about having to stare in awe at the station pylons.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1Pineapple

There is a Barney true crime series coming out.

also true crime legit needs to stop right now and slow down.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

jump

@Kermit1 I vaguely saw something about this already as Amber Heard’s mates are producing it. Not that it would change the quality of this as it’s gonna be rubbish no matter what.

I think you’re being abit hard on true crime. Just like any genre there’s complete pish and shows of genuine quality. Like for example I really enjoyed Dopesick as they explained the how and why the US legal opioids epidemic happened by showing the set up of an aggressive sales system and tricked doctors with tricky mathematical graphs and talk of being liable for not treating pain.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Kermit1Pineapple

@jump I probably should have said it needs to take a chill pill. But then again it's making someone money somewhere.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

jump

@Kermit1 all shows are making someone money regardless of the genre.

Ignoring thrash like Depp vs Heard which is really celeb gossip or crass and inaccurate sensationalism like that new Dharma show I think true crime about white collar criminals is good for the average person at least. Like the point I was trying to make earlier it makes those crimes more accessible to understand as too often it flys over the average person’s head so they don’t care as much as they should.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1Pineapple

@jump I don't really know how to feel about true crime. On the one hand it shows the true evil of people and can educate people, on the other it kinda slightly glorifies pure evil in a way.

I'd say more but if my George RR Martin rant (that was on this thread) is anything to show I'm not good with words.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Keveseunie

I've been watching Rings of Power and while I liked the first two episodes for its grandeur, episodes 3, 4 and 5 were way too slow and it got very apparent that they're breaking canon from the books left and right. Episode 6 was really good though. I guess the only ways to appreciate this show is to either ignore everything you know about what Tolkien wrote in the Silmarillion and appendices or never having read them in the first place.

Also been seeing Andor on D+. My goodness, this is real Star Wars. By far the best SW content Disney has made so far.

jump wrote:

I remember you talking about having a huge amount of love for Deep Space Nine. I've just watched the new Lower Decks episode where they did a cross over with DS9 with the actors playing Quark and Kira coming back to reprise their roles. The opening is fantastic where they poke loving fun about having to stare in awe at the station pylons.

Still haven't gotten around to watching Lower Decks but every time you mention it my interest gets piqued.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Fizza

In today's edition of 'random news story you won't be able to predict until you read it'.
https://twitter.com/i/events/1577327739807272960
It's been hinted at for ages but still: good for her.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

jump

@Fizza Meh, I've seen jokes and spoofs about her being lesbian for ages. Now if they really want to push the show into new edgy unexplored areas they should explain Shaggy and Scooby's relationship.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1Pineapple

"Insert Seinfeld meme here"

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Rambler

@jump - just what is in those scooby snacks?

Rambler

jump

Has anyone ever watched the original Twilight Zone? The concept is something I would definitely like and it’s such a landmark show it seems odd to me I’ve never watched it but I’m curious if they hold up nowadays as plot twists are so common in todays media.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1Pineapple

@jump It's one of the greatest shows of all time. Some episodes are better than others and in the first season some of the episodes are video taped not shot on film which is a little jarring.

I'd say watch it, avoid the movie... It doesn't do the how justice and the story of how it was made is... Yikes.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Snatcher

@jump I love the original. I would say it holds up pretty well, as the concepts are original and interesting, and half the time, you have no idea how it’s going to end.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

HotGoomba

@jump Great show, but I've heard bad stuff about the movie, mixed things about the three revivals, and even the VR game that came out a few months ago.

Off-topic, I just want to talk about She-Hulk for a little bit.

It's a show I just love watching, but it's also not good. It's definitely the worst MCU Disney+ show and one of the worst Marvel shows in general. But it's just so entertaining with how awful it is. It's so-bad-it's-good, and wow so much of the show is just funny, but more of a way that I'm laughing at it rather than with it. And the CGI, it's not great, but it's something I can deal with, I didn't even notice some other apparently-bad CGI on MCU shows like Moon Knight.

She-Hulk is a bad show but a good time.
Only giving it a 5/10 since it's still bad and it also spoiled The Sopranos for me, screw you Marvel and Disney for that one.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Kermit1Pineapple

@HotGoomba She-Hulk is junk food. It's bad for you, but you can't stop loving the fried greasy mess of it.

I legit don't wanna eat fast food after writing that.

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

jump

@Kermit1 @Snatcher What am I trying to get is if the show is too quaint or not by today's standards? Like Black Mirror is so bold with it's commentary they would have a world leader make love to a pig just to make a point or M Night has done the plot twist ending so much that by not having a plot twist is now considered a plot twist for avoiding the cliche plus with a show that is 70 years old can it's ideology from a time when black people and women for fighting for equal rights ((huh, nothing ever changes) during the Americana nuclear family days just seem out of place.

@HotGoomba Thing is the MCU is just awesomely average all round but especially the shows that I honestly don't think it's better or worse than the standard that has been set. Like Loki was saved by having a brilliant bottle episodes with Kang to save it from wasting the mind bending potential it had (watch Legion instead, same themes and still Marvel but just alot better!), the Falcon show despite setting up a villain you really REALLY wanted to see slapped in US Agent they drop it for some graceless bothsidesism, I can go on but you get thr drift apart from Hawkeye which was almost perfect execution despite the one everyone thought would be boring. So a show like She Hulk which is meant to be fun quip driven junk doesn't really stand out when it's all fun quip driven junk anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquarel

So have been watching some of the arrow verse shows lately, and I now realize that Loki is just a rip off of legends of tomorrow.

Currently Playing: Spider-Man 2018
Spectacular Spider-Man is far superior to any other version of Spider-Man.
Also, it is annoying when people tell me to smile more, I guess my resting face looks like I am mad.

jump

@blindsquarel Or you could say they are both ripping off Doctor Who but it's possible for an idea as vague as timey wimey travel to independently come from different people.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquarel

@jump
I haven’t seen doctor who, so it is possible. But all I know is that there are way to many similarities between the two. But it really doesn’t matter, both the shows are pretty average over all. Really the only super hero shows ( that I have seen) that are good is arrow and the flash. Well at least the first three seasons of the flash.

Currently Playing: Spider-Man 2018
Spectacular Spider-Man is far superior to any other version of Spider-Man.
Also, it is annoying when people tell me to smile more, I guess my resting face looks like I am mad.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic