Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 962

jump

@Fizza Meh, I've seen jokes and spoofs about her being lesbian for ages. Now if they really want to push the show into new edgy unexplored areas they should explain Shaggy and Scooby's relationship.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Okami1

"Insert Seinfeld meme here"

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

@jump - just what is in those scooby snacks?

Rambler

jump

Has anyone ever watched the original Twilight Zone? The concept is something I would definitely like and it’s such a landmark show it seems odd to me I’ve never watched it but I’m curious if they hold up nowadays as plot twists are so common in todays media.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Okami1

@jump It's one of the greatest shows of all time. Some episodes are better than others and in the first season some of the episodes are video taped not shot on film which is a little jarring.

I'd say watch it, avoid the movie... It doesn't do the how justice and the story of how it was made is... Yikes.

Snatcher

@jump I love the original. I would say it holds up pretty well, as the concepts are original and interesting, and half the time, you have no idea how it’s going to end.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

HotGoomba

@jump Great show, but I've heard bad stuff about the movie, mixed things about the three revivals, and even the VR game that came out a few months ago.

Off-topic, I just want to talk about She-Hulk for a little bit.

It's a show I just love watching, but it's also not good. It's definitely the worst MCU Disney+ show and one of the worst Marvel shows in general. But it's just so entertaining with how awful it is. It's so-bad-it's-good, and wow so much of the show is just funny, but more of a way that I'm laughing at it rather than with it. And the CGI, it's not great, but it's something I can deal with, I didn't even notice some other apparently-bad CGI on MCU shows like Moon Knight.

She-Hulk is a bad show but a good time.
Only giving it a 5/10 since it's still bad and it also spoiled The Sopranos for me, screw you Marvel and Disney for that one.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Okami1

@HotGoomba She-Hulk is junk food. It's bad for you, but you can't stop loving the fried greasy mess of it.

I legit don't wanna eat fast food after writing that.

Edited on by Okami1

jump

@Kermit1 @Snatcher What am I trying to get is if the show is too quaint or not by today's standards? Like Black Mirror is so bold with it's commentary they would have a world leader make love to a pig just to make a point or M Night has done the plot twist ending so much that by not having a plot twist is now considered a plot twist for avoiding the cliche plus with a show that is 70 years old can it's ideology from a time when black people and women for fighting for equal rights ((huh, nothing ever changes) during the Americana nuclear family days just seem out of place.

@HotGoomba Thing is the MCU is just awesomely average all round but especially the shows that I honestly don't think it's better or worse than the standard that has been set. Like Loki was saved by having a brilliant bottle episodes with Kang to save it from wasting the mind bending potential it had (watch Legion instead, same themes and still Marvel but just alot better!), the Falcon show despite setting up a villain you really REALLY wanted to see slapped in US Agent they drop it for some graceless bothsidesism, I can go on but you get thr drift apart from Hawkeye which was almost perfect execution despite the one everyone thought would be boring. So a show like She Hulk which is meant to be fun quip driven junk doesn't really stand out when it's all fun quip driven junk anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquirrel

So have been watching some of the arrow verse shows lately, and I now realize that Loki is just a rip off of legends of tomorrow.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

jump

@blindsquarel Or you could say they are both ripping off Doctor Who but it's possible for an idea as vague as timey wimey travel to independently come from different people.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquirrel

@jump
I haven’t seen doctor who, so it is possible. But all I know is that there are way to many similarities between the two. But it really doesn’t matter, both the shows are pretty average over all. Really the only super hero shows ( that I have seen) that are good is arrow and the flash. Well at least the first three seasons of the flash.

jump

@blindsquarel You should try watching the good stuff. There's the mindbending brilliance of Legion about Professor X's son who might be mad/evil/sane/good or the delightful violence and wit of The Boys or The Sandman with its sophisticated drama about an emo god or the bizarre horror superhero Preacher who fights a sympathetic Hitler, God as well as a kid with a bum for a face.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquirrel

@jump
Thanks for the suggestions, but looking at the parents guide, those aren’t the shows that I feel comfortable watching.

blindsquirrel

@Eagly
I have wanted to watch Superman and Lois, but Sadly I don’t have hbo max. I might try black lightning though. But I am content with arrow, the flash, and if I still want to watch dc shows, dc legends of tomorrow.

Truegamer79

Hey does anyone here have Hulu? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. I was mainly interested because the new season of chucky is out and i wanted to check that out. I'm just a little confused on how to watch it. Supposedly it's on Hulu but i keep reading stuff on Google about how it's on Hulu live TV. Does that mean if i just get the basic plan without live TV i won't be able to watch it?

I don't have cable and I'd just like to stream it on my own time rather than have to watch it at a certain time.

Truegamer79

Truegamer79

@Eagly
Oh okay. Dang. Well it looks like getting Hulu live is gonna cost me. It's 69 dollars a month! Ouch! I just want a way to stream the new chucky season without having to sell my vital organs.

I have Netflix and Disney plus but those are a hell of alot cheaper.

Edited on by Truegamer79

Truegamer79

Truegamer79

@Eagly
Okay thanks I'll just hold out for that then. Being able to watch it right when it releases isn't that big a deal. I'll catch it later on peacock. Thanks!

Truegamer79

jump

@blindsquarel That makes sense, as superheroes fight evil and you need to show what that evil otherwise it's just a mess of CGI and choreography for mild stakes. However evil is not rated for kids, it's biting the face off a baby or exploding genitalia or watching long painful torture of teeth being pulled out of a skull which wouldn't pass in the bloodless MCU and Arrowverse shows.

Nicolai wrote:

blindsquirrel

@jump
Or I just am not into super violent shows. But it isn’t just the violence. Stuff like hard swearing and sexual content are the two biggest ones. Shows can be dark without showing a guys spleen being ripped out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic