Forums

Topic: The Universal Games Ranking Forum (Currently: Characters/Weapons/etc. You Hate Playing Against)

Posts 421 to 440 of 494

WarioIsTopTier

@Tyranexx Thanks man! It sure can, we ended up going away the literal second I was done with exams. Fingers crossed I'm safe this time!

WarioIsTopTier

Ralizah

Definitely agree on Mass Effect 2. It took a fun RPG with some slightly wonky shooting mechanics and turned it into a third person shooter with streamlined RPG aspects, downgraded planet exploration (you used to be able to visit the planets... now you just scan them! What fun!) and a forgettable plot.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah May I hug you? Whenever I criticize ME 2 onward I get beaten up by nerd and pitchforks. Nice to know I'm not alone.

@kkslider5552000 I didn't see this sorry. Agree to disagree.

Edited on by gcunit

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

That's actually what's kept me away from the Mass Effect series; a little too TPS-Y for my liking.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

GoldenGamer88

@BigYellow This must be the single most condensed and down to the point description of everything wrong with Yooka-Laylee. I feel like it was enough for people to hear they were ex-Rare employees and didn‘t bother to ask what exactly they did. For all we know they could‘ve been the underpaid interns making coffee for the real devs lol. Even on Switch, this game is just garbage.

Also I agree on most things you said about Overwatch. I wouldn‘t say the game is unbalanced. Each and every hero, except for Doomfist, has his or her place on the team under the right circumstances, though, some are really situational heroes and therefore are not seen as 'must-picks'. What annoys me about Overwatch, and the reason I only play it occasionally in short bursts, is the community. You can‘t pick who you want and when you pick Rein or Mercy to support the team, you‘ll get yelled at for not doing your job properly. Oh yeah, I am not doing my job, Genji. I‘m here with the team, damage-boosting and healing while you get out there and get yourself killed. And playing as Reinhardt is absolutely boring. Stand there, hold up your shield and walk forward so your team stays safe. At least Orisa can shoot and have her shield up. But oh no, Orisa is so weak! Go pick, Rein instead! Oh, you wanna play Zenyatta so you can heal and attack? Nah, we need Mercy, she‘s much better! Sorry bout the ranting but I‘m really fed up with that aspect of Overwatch.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Hugs Oh, believe me, I'm glad someone else sympathizes. Especially considering ME1 is probably one of my favorite Xbox 360 games. I'll never understand why people liked ME2 so much, and yeah, it has turned into a minor sacred cow in the video game world.

I mean, it's not Andromeda, it's still a competently produced game, but I can't think fondly of something that took a fun Western RPG full of character and fun dialogue and wide spaces to walk around in and unique builds and went all dark and corridor-shooty with it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haru17

So like, what disappointed you was that Mass Effect 2 had of fewer the literally empty moonscapes you had to walk across to do side missions?

Granted I don't think the series was amazing or anything, they were just a fun narrative games. The structure of 2 got a bit weird since they did it in episodes you can play in any order, which made playing through it more listless, but that's about my only complaint. I like both 1 and 2, haven't gotten to 3 yet.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

WarioIsTopTier

@GoldenGamer88 I kinda feel like that's been a trend with games recently, like with Playtonic pushing their work at Rare so much and Sonic Team reminding us the people behind Colours and Generations were behind Forces and then it turned out they had one level designer from Lost World and 2 newbies. People just took it for granted but the devs still seem to come out of it fine. I'll never know where all that money went for Yooka-Laylee.

That's a very good point about Overwatch too, most of the characters do have times they can excel, but even in Quick Play you'll get yelled at for playing them. The community is probably the worst aspect of OW and how it's handled is just as bad. I do wish they'd focus more on their characters as some genuinely don't do anything or are really boring, but they've their priorities absolutely wack.

WarioIsTopTier

ianl579

Rocket League: Heard really great things about this but ultimately didn't have fun when I played it.

Yoshi's Woolly World: The yarn aesthetic was great but the game felt like a slog to me.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon: I think the mansions were really well designed but the bosses and mission structure were somewhat repetitive. (It had a surprisingly good soundtrack though!)

ARMS: The concept is a great idea but I wasn't a fan of either control scheme and there wasn't much to do besides the core fighting mode.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

ianl579

@BigYellow The announcements were definitely unexpected (in a good way). I’m just worriedly about how much Nintendo will rely on ports and DLC to provide content for Switch (and especially because some owners already bought Switch ports on Wii U).

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Ralizah

@CreamyDream I still hear people talking about how great it is. I wish I could share in the enthusiasm, but I just... can't.

And yeah, I never even bothered picking up ME3 or Andromeda. What a fall from grace!

Cynas

@GoldenGamer88 Honestly the only mode in Overwatch I can play anymore is Mystery Heroes in Arcade. There's a lot less raging going on and people can't get mad over what character you're playing. About a year ago I played my first match of competitive and afterwards thought to myself "Nope, never doing that again, that wasn't fun". I was able to do Quick Play for a while but even that felt like it was getting more toxic as time went on.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

WarioIsTopTier

@LegendOfPokemon The only thing that took me aback a little was the Pokken DLC, I'm really happy we're getting it, but if I'm right it's €7.50 for a character and two supports. That's seriously steep, Street Fighter 5 and Smash 4 got flack for the price of their DLC, but this is pushing it.

Aside from that, the poll is closed now! Here's the results:

1st - Weak Characters/Items You Love To Use - 31% (4 Votes)
2nd - Mario Oddessy Kingdoms - 23% (3 Votes)
3rd - everything else got 2 each so deep joy everyone's a winner (15% Each)

Turns out Weak Characters/Items You Love To Use is the new topic! This one I've wanted for a while, so I'll get on it fairly soon.

For the first time in a third or fourth while, Happy Ranking!

WarioIsTopTier

JunkosBoobies

Hmm, weak characters/items I love to use...well, this is the first post I'm making on this thread so if I'm doing this wrong then feel free to insult me and call me whatever name you like. But with that said, I'm gonna dive into this.

Pichu (SSBM) - Well, this one and me go way back. When I first played Melee as a kid, I (obviously) had no concept of a "tier list" or competitive gaming whatsoever. I just played whoever I wanted, and that was that. But from the beginning, even I could tell that Pichu was always meant to be a joke character. He (and yes I'm referring to Pichu as a he, sue me) is just Pikachu but weaker and less viable in pretty much every single aspect. Despite this, I have more fun playing Pichu than Pikachu. I'm a bit of a tryhard when it comes to Smash - I main Marth in Melee (who some would argue to be the second best character in the game even though I think Falco is better, but I digress) and I sometimes go to local tournaments. But sometimes, I just want to play not so seriously, and Pichu is just fun to fool around with.

Donnel (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - A few years ago, this guy would be nowhere near this list. I used to despise Donnel. I thought "This guy sucks, I don't understand why anyone would enjoy using this character"...well, yeah. He starts off awful. One of those brigands would probably be more useful than Donnel at this point. But. BUT. Donnel is just a boy. He's just a fresh recruit. He requires some babying. Once you've given him the necessary babying...just like that, Donnel suddenly goes from plowing fields to plowing a spear straight through any fool who dares to stand within Donnel's path. But yeah. Now that in more recent FE: Awakening runs I've started to warm up to a certain pothead because of said pothead's potential evolution as a unit, I often try to find a place for him on my teams.

Poliwrath (Pokémon) - Poliwrath has always been one of my more favored water types (even if it's not really competitively viable above maybe NU) for two reasons. First, I've always loved it's cartoonish design (something that it shares with Poliwhirl as well). Poliwrath very well looks like it could be a boss from Cuphead or something. Second, for the longest time, Poliwrath was the only real Water/Fighting type Pokemon. This was up until Gen 5 of course, which brought in Keldeo. But I still love Poliwrath and I still love using it in my single player Pokemon adventures.

I'm sure there's more but those three immediately came to mind.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

tbh, my list is super short for this, at least based off of what I've thought of off the top of my head

1. Sleep Kirby - The most useless Kirby ability that I absolutely make sure I use at least once per a playthrough of any game it appears in.
2. Lower tiered characters in fighting games or Pokemon or anything else that I personally still really love.
3. Intentionally using less useful party members against the final boss of Paper Mario 1 because I want all of them to be used in the final battle. (arguably TTYD as well)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LuckyLand

I use the most basic fur armor in Skyrim because I have made my character attractive and I enjoy watching his body
I also use for the most part hide bracers because I like how they look and I somethimes use green clothes (no armor at all) because I like how they remind me of Link's classic clothes (I don't like the official Link's costume they made for the Switch port however)
I usually avoid perks that makes my attacks more effective because often I don't want to actually kill enemies, I just use them to grind so I beat em a lot then heal them then beat them again... I make them suffer A LOT before I allow them to die lol... I want to be sure they aren't going to die unless I intentonally kill them...
(this game exp rewards are not calculated on how manyenemies you kill but on how much you use your various skills so if you want to grind killing enemies is not the most effective approach)

I like basic Koopa character so in games that allow to play as Koopa (like Mario Kart 8) I like to play as Koopa (not always because I also like Donkey Kong and I have some Miis I like). I don't know but he's a basic enemy in Mario games, you would say he is weak probably.

In realistic racing games I usually don't like the look of the most overpowered cars that you unlock later in the game I prefer common looking cars so when they become so much powerful that you begin to see strange desings or when they begin to get all covered with sponsors I don't like them that much anymore

When I play fighting games I usually do so in a rather casual way I'm not very competitive I just want to have fun and I almost always play in single player mode so I don't really know if the characters I use are weak or not. I use the ones I like so after a while I understand some of their basic tricks and I have the feeling that they are strong enough but this could be just because I know them a lot better - usually don't know the other ones at all - so I can use them more effectively.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Tyranexx

@NUH: I completely agree about Donnel. It's easy to overlook his viability unless you give him a chance and experiment a little.

My list (off the top of my head):

• Spinner (Twilight Princess): Many find this item relatively useless outside of the Arbiter's Grounds, but I love using it whenever I find a track out in the world (or just to help dispatch a few enemies). I don't know what my problem is, I just love the concept of this weapon.
  • Delibird: I never use one on my main team or anything, but I love playing around with its Present gimmick.
  • Complimentary Card (Wind Waker): As useless as this item is, it still puts a smile on my face.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Xyphon22

Does the hug button in A Boy and His Blob count? Because it's a hug. And it's awesome.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

JunkosBoobies

@Tyranexx Yeah, it really is. And I know there's quite a few characters like this already in Fire Emblem, a good example being Florina from Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade. However, I think Donnel is the best example, simply because Awakening has more mechanics to help you with training units but it's still hard to train Donnel to make him viable. Hell, if not for the pair-up mechanic, it would feel near impossible to even recruit Donnel on the chapter you get him (on Hard difficulty and above, at least). I've already had hell trying to recruit him on my most recent Hard playthrough of Awakening. I got through the chapter and I recruited Donnel, but...it's not fun at all, considering what you even have to do to recruit him.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.