Forums

Topic: The Quote of the Day Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 243

DreamyViridi

In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

rolLTheDice

I just have to share these Albert Einstein ones.

If A is a success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.

Most teachers waste their time by asking questions that are intended to discover what a pupil does not know, whereas the true art of questioning is to discover what the pupil does know or is capable of knowing.

The only way to escape the corruptible effect of praise is to go on working.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

GuSolarFlare

Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

kkslider5552000 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Remember, to every every joke there is a hint of truth. So in a sense he's not entirely wrong.

Your face's not entirely wrong!

...wait what

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Namco

''Remember kids, never try to eat with your mouth closed!'' - Yellow pasta pesto boy (Tomodachi's Life)

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Kewlan

@ZeroZX_Dev At least Nintendo makes them mostly different. While Mario's new content often required it to be a new game, CoD's could literally be a DLC.
Except for the story, so I guess they have a fair reason. But who buys CoD for the story anyway?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Captain_Toad

Tyler.C777 from miiverse:

miiverse logic: nintendo is to kiddie!
a few days later...
SAMUS IN SHORTS!? THAT'S TO INNAPROPIATE!!!!!!!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Namco

''When I look into the mirror I see myself'' - Captain obvious

So inspiring! u_u

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Iggly

"...tem...tempura shrimp?! ohhh.... this is gonna be one of those days isnt it..." -Jontron

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Kewlan

Iggly wrote:

"...tem...tempura shrimp?! ohhh.... this is gonna be one of those days isnt it..." -Jontron

"ECH" -Jontron
Untitled

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

CanisWolfred

UGXwolf wrote:

"When you can do something by magic, where's the sense of accomplishment? It's far more gratifying to put in the time and effort to reap your reward."

This isn't a direct quote because it's been forever since I've read Eldest, but the point is, just because it CAN be done easily doesn't mean it should. You still get bragging rights for doing things the hard way, but people don't get unnecessarily pushed away by the game's inaccessibility. I think that's the real reason all of these games have an easy mode. It keeps some players from giving up and going home. The difficulty is still there. I still felt a great sense of accomplishment in completing certain games despite there being an easy option.

For instance, Super Mario 3D World makes note of whether or not you use the pity leaf. You get better bragging rights for not using it. However, you also don't GET the pity leaf in later levels. I think it's the last three worlds, but it may just be Champion's Road. Similarly, DKCR has a Hard Mode where I think the pity power up is missing, as well as a number of other effects to make the levels much more difficult.

To put it another way, in the upcoming Smash Bros, you could just play through the Classic mode on low difficulty or spam 1-stock VS. matches to get a good number of the characters. However, you can also go for the harder method of finding their unlock conditions, such as

Bowser Jr. being unlocked when you play through Classic on 7.0 difficulty or higher with Bowser. You have to actually beat the mode on 7.0 or higher. If you die and the difficuty drops below 7.0, you won't get Bowser Jr.

Why is this any worse than that? It just offers players multiple ways of playing a game, because you can't expect everyone to play the game the exact same way you do.

Oh come on, he finally makes a post somewhere else, and an awesome post at that, and then the thread gets locked...well I'm not gonna let it die there. Bravo, man, well said.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Araquanid

No One wrote:

ET the video game is something I could spend hours on!

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

my friend wrote:

I don't want a straw to drink juice, I'm straight

my Backloggery

Captain_Toad

From sundaymorninTOONLink of IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/24/hands-on-with-amiibo-i...
Gamer: These are stupid and a cash grab, I don't want them.
Nintendo: I think you do want them.
Gamer: Well maybe just Samus... And Link. Maybe DK...
Nintendo: Just those 3? Are you sure?
Gamer: Yes that's it, you're not getting any more of my money.
Nintendo: Look at all these iconic and beloved characters...
Gamer: No. You'll get no more of my money Nin...
Nintendo: You just bought the whole Smash roster didn't you?
Gamer: Yes... Damnit...

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Drawdler

Y'GOTTA STAY UP-BEAT, UP-BEAT, UP-BEAT ~
OR YOU'LL BE DEAD MEAT, DEAD MEAT, DEAD MEAT ~

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

rolLTheDice

Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.

rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

also

Player 1: Why are these called Pirelli calenders after all?
Player 2: 'Cause they've all got lips like car tires, that's why.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.