Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

And the winner of the Best Map / Level Select Theme Tournament is....

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike!

Thanks to everyone who participated, I know the schedule was a little sporadic this time. If you want to start another tournament just leave suggestions down below.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Dogorilla

A deserved winner, that song is amazing. There were some good suggestions for new themes a few pages back; maybe wintery music would be a good one to do now?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

Yeah, ice/snow levels would be a good choice for the next one. But its always a good choice, because those songs tend to be fantastic.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

@Marioman2020
A fellow man of culture I see.

I’m fine with a snow/winter theme, that’s one of my favorite level types. If everyone is onboard with that, people can start posting songs. If not, just leave other suggestions for the theme.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

Wow World Bowser went further than I thought it would. Snow theme is an interesting one, my only suggestion would be Sheveria Town from Odyssey and I suppose the snow theme from the New Mario games (it’s the same in all of them right?)

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BruceCM

How about the I Am Setsuna soundtrack ....? The whole game is snowy!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BabyYoda71

Wow... I missed the last few rounds... but this thread has certainly become popular!

Eel

Here's a few favorites of mine:

Winter - Harvest Moon 64. This one mostly due to nostalgia, it was the first "Winter" theme I heard and identified as such. It's a bit melancholic in its own way.

Ice Mountain Act 1 - Sonic Advance. This one is very, uh, cool. It has a sense of wonder and adventure.

Holli Jolli Village - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. This one is a bit ironic, since the place is supposed to be happy and fun, but you arrived too late to save it. It's like creepy Christmas.

Winter - Harvest Moon DS. Unlike the other farming winter themes in my list, this one is just relaxing and encouraging.

The Wind Can Be Still (Winter) - Stardew Valley. Similarly to the one from Harvest Moon 64, but more modern and refined. It's calm and relaxing, but with that feeling of nostalgia.

Special mention:

Noel's Theme - Final Fantasy XIII*. *I relate this one to winter due to Theathrythm Curtain Call, where the song plays on a snowy scene, though I'm not sure how it's used in the source game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

Easily my favorite snow level theme. It's super cheerful and it's perfect to listen to during the holidays.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Mount Brrr from Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Just has some really nice acoustics.

Valak Mountain (Night) from Xenoblade Chronicles (this is the arranged track). Jazzy, piano solo-like, and really ethereal.

Tantal (Night) from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I love the guitars and the entire arrangement.

So Happy World from Persona 5 Royal. Technically not a "winter" track but it plays during the third semester, and that's all winter.

Mount Hylia from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It represents a lonely snowy mountain the best of these.

Snowpeak from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Conveys loneliness and isolation.

Ambient background music from Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds. Sounds dangerous, peaceful and atmospheric.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BabyYoda71

There’s so many great suggestions here!

Dogorilla

How many have we got now? Do we need any more?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

I Believe we have 32 exactly. That is assuming nobody picked the same song as someone else, and also counting the I Am Setsuna soundtrack as one song.

kkslider5552000

Why are we counting the I Am Setsuna soundtrack as one song?

No one's listening to the whole soundtrack to choose or not choose it for this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic