Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,556

BabyYoda71

@kkslider5552000 I counted it as one because there probably wouldn’t be more than one song from the same game. What the one song will be other people can decide

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Eel

Maybe the person that suggested that soundtrack could pick one or more specific songs from it?

As an extra, this Winter theme has a part that sounds like the theme of Kakariko Village (and to make it funnier, the Spring theme from the same game opens with Zelda's Lullaby). It's still a rather pretty song though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TestudoVilis

I did not notice that this site had a VGM thread too! Oh that's sad I found out so late, looks like you guys have a lot of entries already. Some of the ones I've seen would have been my prime picks for snow themes too; I won't say which ones, but some of you lads have some great taste.

I'll add a few more songs of my own, but I understand that I'm late and that there's a good number of songs already. If they do not fit in, that's fine; just take them as extras. Hope you enjoy my picks regardless, and in any case, I'll silently cast my votes throughout.

First Steps - Celeste
Froenborg - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Icicle Forest - PMD Explorers of Sky
Planet Frostak - Kirby Start Allies
Sherbet Land - MK Double Dash
(edit: removed a double pick, dang I didn't want to delve into old/obscure stuff but I almost had to)

Edited on by TestudoVilis

TestudoVilis

AlexSora89

Dunno if it's been voted yet, but here goes.

Edited on by AlexSora89

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

ThePirateCaptain

Looks like we’ve already gone over 32 songs so the bracket will be uneven again. I’ll leave the nominations open one more day for anyone that wants to make some last-minute additions. Even if you’ve already posted some songs, you’re free to add a few more as long as we don’t go over 64 total.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

@TheJGG
The Horizon Zero Dawn song you linked looks like it’s the whole soundtrack. If you want to just pick one song from there that would be great.

Aside from that, the bracket is pretty much done. Once we get that one song sorted out, I’ll get started posting the first round.

ThePirateCaptain

jedgamesguy

@ThePirateCaptain All done! I changed it to "White Falls", which is almost the main theme of the Frozen Wilds DLC. It fits all my previous descriptors as well.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ThePirateCaptain

Fittingly enough, we just got a bit of snow here today so it must be a sign. I hope everyone is bundled up and brought some hot chocolate because we have some rather chilly tracks this time.
Link to the bracket

Round 1

Snowball Park - Super Mario 3D World vs. So Happy World - Persona 5 Royal

Vote here

Frozen Solid and Chilled - Yoshi’s Wooly World vs. Ice Brain - Mega Man Zero 2

Vote here

Froenborg - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy vs. March of the Brave - I Am Setsuna

Vote here

White Falls - Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds vs. Blizzetta Battle - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Note: This version combines both phases of the boss battle. Just use the links in the description to listen to each part.

Vote here

Forest Folly - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze vs. The Scent of Sea - I Am Setsuna

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

kkslider5552000

That last one was basically a coin flip for me, they're equally as good. I think.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

Yeah both are nice. In different ways.

It’s odd though. I can’t see the voting results in these new ones. The previous batch would show my vote after a minute or two. These still say 0 votes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@Eel I’ve noticed once you vote and it shows the results, it takes 5-10 seconds to calculate your vote, so if you were the first one who voted that could be why.

Oh my god, that last one was difficult! I was in the majority for all of them, so Paper Mario, Stardew Valley, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

jedgamesguy

Shame P5 didn't win, but surprised Horizon Zero Dawn is holding up well!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dogorilla

I'm a bit surprised Snowbelle City is getting trounced, that's possibly my favourite wintery music in any game.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

@Dogorilla I loved Snowbelle City but it was such a hard choice!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic