Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,556

Dogorilla

That Chocobo's Dungeon track is really good, shame it's up against Snowman.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

The songs proceeding to the next round will be Street Fighter V at 5-4, Smash Ultimate at 7-2, Smash Bros Brawl at 5-4, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice at 5-4, and Metroid Prime at 6-3.
Link to the bracket

Round One

Professor Layton’s Theme (Live) - Professor Layton and the Curious Village vs. Danganronpa V3 - Danganronpa V3

Vote here

TRIP MACHINE (xac nanoglide mix) - DDR X3 vs. It’s Over - Mother 3

Vote here

Old Springdale - Yo-Kai Watch 2 vs. Dark Mind Battle - Kirby Star Allies

Vote here

Lava Reef (Act 2) - Sonic Mania vs. Main Theme - Pikmin 3

Vote here

Steven’s Theme - Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire vs. IF YOU WERE HERE (L.E.D. -G STYLE REMIX) - DDR X2

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TeaCatherine

@ThePirateCaptain Well this is going to be a nightmare, when does this bracket close?

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

StarPoint

Wow, It’s Over gave me chills. I completely forgot about that song.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

NF6429

@StarPoint Yeah, not only is it an amazing hard hitting song on its own, but as a remix and ending theme it perfectly encapsulates the message and themes of Mother 3 (nature and technology). It deserves to go far.

Edited on by NF6429

NF6429

Dogorilla

@ThePirateCaptain When I try and vote in this round it says 'Your name is required to vote on this poll'. Not sure what that means but I can see that other people have voted so it seems to just be affecting me - any idea what's happening there? If not I can just tell you what I want to vote for and have it added to the total.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

@TeaCatherine It’ll probably be on Friday, that’s the day it usually changes.
Except it’s also usually Tuesday, so it started a day early.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Scooby-Doo

@Dogorilla Same with me. It hasn't happened before, and it chose a terrible time to start.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

Scooby-Doo

Also, the Kirby one seems to link to the Fire Emblem theme.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.

FawfulsFury

Im new on this website and confused at how this works

FawfulsFury

ThePirateCaptain

@TeaCatherine
I always post on Fridays and usually Monday or Tuesday. I could do updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday if people think that’s enough time to get their votes in.

@Dogorilla and @Scooby-Doo
I’m not sure why the poll is asking for that, it doesn’t look like others had to put a name. If it still isn’t working just leave your votes in a post and I’ll add them in.

EDIT: The link to the Kirby song should be fixed now as well.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Scooby-Doo

In that case, my votes for each go to Danganronpa V3, Mother 3, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania, and Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.

TheBigBlue

Sonic mania’s ost is killer. One of the best. But again, sonic games have a pretty good track record for killer songs. Live and Learn anyone?

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Anti-Matter

I just really want my DDR and other BEMANI Rhythm games songs choice win the competition as I have better taste in choosing the best musics from those games.

@TheBigBlue
I would rather choose my DDR songs than sonic songs. One score for DDR songs.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter I did vote for one of your DDR tracks, but some were pretty annoying like that Drop the Bomb one, then again that just wasn't the type of music I like. I mean the point of this competition is to discover music you wouldn't normally listen to, y'know?

Anti-Matter

@TeaCatherine
Drop The Bomb remix by Sota Fujimori was way much better than original Drop The Bomb by Yuichi Asami version from my opinion as Sota Fujimori have his unique Cyber Trance touch on his music.
Well, I have listened to a lot of DDR songs so I have very wide range of genre I like with perfect combination. My favorite is Cyber Trance style by Sota Fujimori and also the songs by Naoki Maeda.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Eh, it just reminded me too of modern pop music which I don't like. As I said it's not bad just not to my taste.
Personally, I wish my favourite of my nominations (Brilliant Wings from the first round) had got further.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic