Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,556

kkslider5552000

I'm really surprised Big Arm has shown up again, there's so much better music in Generations.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Anti-Matter

Gah...!
Two DDR songs versus each other.
Tough choice.

Anti-Matter

ThePirateCaptain
StarPoint

Man, I completely forgot about Celeste remixes when entering songs. That Mirror Temple song is absolutely incredible.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

ThePirateCaptain

Eel wrote:

Huh. Is the NSMB theme really a remix? I always assumed it was an original composition.

The user who submitted it said it was a remix from the first SMB game (I think?) but I don’t believe that’s the case.

ThePirateCaptain

BabyYoda71

Oh boy, I can’t believe I forgot to submit Mirror Temple myself, it’s one of my favourite video game songs!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

Is it just me or does Mirror Temple have notes that sound very similar to Aquatic Ambiance from DKC?

The songs proceeding to the next round will be Metroid: Zero Mission at 8-3, Link’s Awakening at 5-4, Persona 4 Reincarnation at 6-3, Celeste at 7-2, and Kirby Planet Robobot at 5-4.
Link to the bracket

Round One

Theme of Balrog - Street Fighter V vs. Dance Celebration (System 7 Remix) - DDR X

Vote here

Lost Woods - Cadence of Hyrule vs. Bloody Tears / Monster Dance - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Vote here

Snowman - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs. Dungeon Hero X - Chocobo’s Dungeon

Vote here

Dance Hymn of the Soul - Persona 4: Dancing All Night vs. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! - Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

Vote here

RIDE ON THE LIGHT (HI GREAT MIX) - Beatmania IIDX vs. Tallon Overworld - Metroid Prime

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Eel

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

Is it just me or does Mirror Temple have notes that sound very similar to Aquatic Ambiance from DKC?
The songs proceeding to the next round will be Metroid: Zero Mission at 8-3, Link’s Awakening at 5-4, Persona 4 Reincarnation at 6-3, Celeste at 7-2, and Kirby Planet Robobot at 5-4.
Link to the bracket

Round One

insert vs. insert

Vote here

insert vs. insert

Vote here

insert vs. insert

Vote here

insert vs. insert

Vote here

insert vs. Tallon Overworld - Metroid Prime

Vote here

We just got a look behind the curtains. Anyhow I’m glad Face Shrine could move on to the next round!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Tallon Overworld is one of those cases where its technically a remix but its so different it might as well be an original song. (like how no one would know the Skyward Sword theme was Zelda's theme backwards just by listening to it)

To the point that I was kinda expecting the Mission Clear music that remixes this very song to be here instead.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

StarPoint

Dang, it hurts having to choose between Hymn of the Soul and Objection! 2016. But my heart is devoted to Ace Attorney so I know where my vote lies.

Also, hearing Tallon Overworld for the first time absolutely blew me away. Such a clever remix of Brinstar that really makes it feel more impactful.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Anti-Matter

I voted DDR X and Beatmania IIDX songs.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Out of interest, do you actually listen to all the songs before voting?

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Anti-Matter

@TeaCatherine
I have very high interest with BEMANI Rhythm games songs so I will definitely voted my songs choices.
I have lesser or no interest to vote other songs from different franchise since I have zero interest or not really interested with certain franchises. Even if I have slightly interest with some game franchise, but I still choose BEMANI Rhythm games since I grew up by BEMANI Rhythm games when I was teen.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Yeah, but even if you have no interest you should at least listen to both and then try and look at them without bias, that's what I do at least. I mean, we're judging the songs here, not the series they're from. I'm sorry, you're probably regretting unblocking me now.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic