Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

Merry Christmas to all! Unfortunately not every song can move on so the lucky winners this time are Splatoon at 4-2, Bowser’s Inside Story at 3-2, Final Fantasy VII at 3-2, Pokémon Black & White at 3-0, and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance at 3-1.
Link to the bracket

Round 2

Braniac Maniac - Plants vs. Zombies vs. MEI - Beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY

Vote here

Rising Sun - Okami vs.
Eyes That Gaze Into the Nexus - Bravely Default II

Vote here

Shagaru Magala - Monster Hunter 4 vs.
Final Remix - Rhythm Heaven Megamix

Vote here

Battle Theme 2 - Final Fantasy II vs.
The Final Battle - Final Fantasy IV

Vote here

Champion Diantha - Pokémon X & Y vs.
Champion Cynthia - Pokémon Diamond & Pearl

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Anti-Matter

I voted MEI from Beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY.
Please some support for BEMANI games.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

What amazing coincidence that you have Final Fantasy vs. Final Fantasy and Pokemon vs. Pokemon. Not even with the caveat of being from wildly different time periods or spinoffs involved or anything.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain
Anti-Matter

I voted Valkyrie Dimension from DDR X2.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

Poor Mario Bros. Wii... that song is great, but unfortunately doesn't stand a chance against Undertale

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WaffleBoat

@StarPoint
I would of voted for Mario brothers wii but I never liked that song much I much prefer the athletic theme (I like the vocals). NSMBW is up against freaking MEGALOVANIA what do you think is winning.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Eel

Ah it’s finally time for Two Planets Approach the Roche Limit to come into the light.

Love that one. And it’s from a recent game too.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Closing out the second round we have Undertale moving on at 4-3, Sonic ‘06 at 5-1, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga at 5-1, Sonic Adventure 2 at 5-1, and Splatoon 2 at 4-2.

On a side note, I will be making an effort to post updates every Tuesday and Friday from now on. That should help move things along faster and give the rounds a consistent schedule so make sure to get your votes in every week!
Link to the bracket

Round 3

The Price of Freedom - Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core vs. Dancing Mad - Final Fantasy VI

Vote here

Champion & Red Battle Theme - Pokémon HeartGold & So... vs. Tabuu - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Vote here

One-Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII (Remake) vs. Main Street Showdown - Lego Jurassic World

Vote here

Chaos King - Deltarune vs. Decisive Battle! Emperor Napoleon - Rhythm Thief and the Empe...

Vote here

The Seal is Broken - Blue Dragon vs. Primal Dialga: Fight to the Finish - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon...

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Anti-Matter

I'm outta here.
Peoples here don't even know how good are BEMANI games songs.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I think there’s something to appreciate in knowing there’s other people voting for the songs too, it’s not only you liking them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@Anti-Matter Yeah it’s definitely not because there’s other good songs in the world… rhythm games aren’t the only video games with music.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

JakedaArbok

Hey, if I quit after they threw out my favorite songs, I wouldn’t still be voting after they eliminated What I’m Made Of.
Sick, sick behavior by you all.

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”
Proverbs 11:20
Switch Friend Code: SW-6009-5662-0517

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest, I didn't vote for Blue Dragon partially because the recommendation had the Lost Odyssey final boss theme, and upon listening to it, Blue Dragon doesn't even have the best 2007-ish Xbox 360 JRPG final boss theme. :V

Shame I didn't know it because Lost Odyssey has an earlier boss fight I couldn't beat that even the walkthroughs imply you need dumb luck to beat it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

@Anti-Matter Those kind of rhythm games are pretty niche and the music is fairly different from the rest of the games in the tournament. At the end of the day this is just for fun and to help people discover new music from games they might not have played.

Victors from the first matches of round 3 are Final Fantasy VI at 6-2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a tiebreaker at 5-5, Lego Jurassic World at 5-4, Rhythm Thief at 6-3, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon at 6-2.
Link to the bracket

Round Three

The Last Battle - Final Fantasy III vs. Marx Battle - Kirby Super Star Ultra

Vote here

Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon vs. The Grand Finale - Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story

Vote here

One-Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII vs. Vs. N (Final Battle) - Pokémon Black & White

Vote here

It Has To Be This Way - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance vs. Braniac Maniac - Plants vs. Zombies

Vote here

Rising Sun - Okami vs. Shagura Magala - Monster Hunter 4

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

JokerCK

What a joke Lego Jurassic World beat One Winged Angel? You guys have terrible taste..

JokerCK

Dogorilla

I'm more shocked at FF7 Crisis Core only getting 2 votes, I haven't played the game but I thought that was a great song. Though it does sound a lot more chill than most final boss themes, so maybe people didn't think it sounded very fitting.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic