Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain
Anti-Matter

I voted MENDES from Beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

VOLOS theme all the waaay!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

BabyYoda71

Of the last one is hard… I went with ASGORE though, as it’s one of my favourite songs from a game.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Fizza

Lots of really good songs this time round. I'm going to go with Cynthia (probably would've gone with Partners in Time if it were against any other song, but Cynthia's is just too iconic), Megalovania (I may have submitted Nightmare myself.....BUT IT'S MEGALOVANIA BRO LIKE COME ON), Sagat vs Ryu (perhaps one of my favourite gaming moments ever), Volo (Three Hopes's one bangs as well though, haven't got any problems if that goes through) and Eternatus vs Zacian & Zamazenta (can you tell which series I'm biased towards?).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I came to a realization that Partners in Time's final boss theme is shockingly short. Just listened to as a song on its own, that does come across as a problem.

And yet despite being a sometimes hilariously long boss fight, actually listening to it while fighting the final boss makes it better. Probably some of the best use of both slowing down a song and then bringing it back to the start of the song in any video game in the context of actually playing it at least. I might be close to alone in that feeling though.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

Yeah the song on its own kind of just builds up indefinitely. Never quite reaching a climax.

If you ask me, the battle against the younger Shroob Princess has a better theme (though it’s still a short loop):

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Dogorilla

I was fully expecting to vote for Gangplank Galleon but that Sonic 06 song is really good dammit.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

JakedaArbok

“Kill God”…
Doesn’t leave much to the imagination, huh…

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”
Proverbs 11:20
Switch Friend Code: SW-6009-5662-0517

ThePirateCaptain
Fizza

MY FAVOURITE FINAL BOSS THEME OF ALL TIME BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Untitled
My votes this time round are Fly Octo Fly (if it wasn't obvious from the first sentence XD), Live and Learn (Rhythm Heaven's is good but I'm sorry there's just no beating LIVE AND LEARN), Malladus Beast (I'm a sucker for games whose final boss theme is a remix of the main theme, though Cackletta's Soul does instil war flashbacks in me) and Dancing Mad (takes a bit to pick up but when it does HOO LORDY does it pick up).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

Price of Freedom vs Deceitful Wings is a brutal matchup, those are both amazing.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

JakedaArbok

Bunch of fun songs in here, I hope Live and Learn and Fly Octo Fly make it a little while.
Here’s a fun remix of Cackletta’s Soul

“A fool and his money are soon parted.”
Proverbs 11:20
Switch Friend Code: SW-6009-5662-0517

ThePirateCaptain

Things are already tightening up with 3 tiebreakers this time. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga wins one at 5-5, Sonic Adventure 2 wins 7-2, Splatoon 2 wins 7-4, Crisis Core wins a tiebreaker at 3-3, and Final Fantasy VI wins the last one at 5-5.
Link to the bracket

Round Two

Champion & Red Battle Theme - Pokémon HeartGold & So... vs. Almagest - Beatmania II DX 17 SIRIUS

Vote here

KAKUMEI - DDR MAX 2 vs. Tabuu - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Vote here

One-Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII (Remake) vs.
Hari-Hara - Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Vote here

We Are Finally Cowboys - No More Heroes vs. Main Street Showdown - Lego Jurassic World

Vote here

Wily Battle - Mega Man 6 vs. Chaos King - Deltarune

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain
Eel

Finally My Heaven comes up.

I just wanted to add that when I first played Silent Hill on the PSVita, during the last boss battle there was an audio glitch that absolutely destroyed my ears. On top of the natural weirdness of the song, it was mashed up with the never-ending screeching of corrupted sound effects.

Fun times.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic