Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 2,557

WoomyNNYes

Welcome @actionmovieherogirl!
I joined here when the Switch came out. The forum is generally a nice place. If you encounter anyone toxic, you can anonymously use the Report button by their username on their post.

edit: Nice profile banner pic, by the way.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--click for good bike video<3)
'Tendo liker

Manuel16

Hey, I'm Manuel
i've read some threads over the past months and finally motivated myself to register .

I got a Switch and my favorite Game is still Breath of the Wild
( i play on Switch and PC, recently mostly at PC, but i still use the switch from time to time mostly it's because of switch games im interested in are often more expensive then something else on steam/pc xD )
The switch is my first own console, my parents had a xbox 360 which was the first console i played on when they did let me (but i was wayy too young so they didn't let me very often use it)

And uhm! Nice to meet you all!

And you can ask me anything, also if there's something i can help with, i'll help ^^

Manuel16

Arnie4490

Hello, I've been reading/ watching Nintendolife for quite a while now and thought I'd finally join the forums. I used to frequent forums a lot during their heyday in the mid to late 2000's but dropped off somewhere around 2010, (started with the Animal Forest forum hosted by Gamespy, blast from the past). Noticed over the fast few years that most forums aren't that active, so it was nice to see an active forum.
I've been playing Nintendo consoles since the NES and Duck Hunt, I'm big into RPGs and I've recently finished Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Omori and Neo: The World Ends with you on the Switch, (I can highly recommend each). Currently working my way through Crosscode. The Switch library is fast becoming one of my favourites, so many good games for multiple genres.
Nice to meet you all!

Arnie4490

SonOfDracula

If you're new here, don't bother. This place has turned into an echo chamber. I'm new here, but I'm noping the F out of this place. Too many toxic fanboys.

SonOfDracula

WoomyNNYes

@SonOfDracula The article comment sections are where the toxic lurk, that's true. But surprisingly, those toxic souls usually never visit the forum. You're mostly talking to a different group in here. I wouldn't paint the forum area with the same wide brush.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--click for good bike video<3)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1Pineapple

@WoomyNNYes @SonOfDracula On the forums we like to talk and get to understand one another. On the forums we also just have fun and take things lightly since this is just a hobby in the end.

Also Mr. SonOfDracula I took a look at your profile and almost all your comments are quite negative, even your "quote" on your banner is implying something, like you want to end all this.

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

blindsquarel

@SonOfDracula
As others have said, the forums are a lot better than comment sections. Sure you get your occasional toxic comment( I’m sure I have multiple of these) but it is pretty light hearted most of the time.

Currently Playing: Pokémon white
“ who dares to stand up to Vandal Savage, destroyer of worlds”
“ Leonard Snart, Robber of ATM’s

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@SonOfDracula I’n not trying to start something but you seem to be the negative one. It’s okay if this isn’t a place for you but lashing out at the newbie thread is immature

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

It’s Donkey kong December

SonOfDracula

Exactly my point. Signing up for this site was a mistake. Enjoy the echo chamber.

SonOfDracula

BloodNinja

Defending any of the toxic behavior on this site is abhorrent.

BloodNinja

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@BloodNinja @SonOfDracula before you 2 leave can you give a more detailed reason as to why

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

FroZtedFlake

@Eagly They were on the Bayonetta 3 comments, I'm sure that's the main reason why. Their choice to get involved though lol, I ain't going near those articles.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Switch
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

Fizza

I'm going to try and stay out of this as much as possible but my final thoughts are this: if you're going to leave, don't post it in the one thread new people come to in order to introduce themselves to everyone else OK?

Now that that's out of the way, to anyone new here who's reading this, welcome! I promise we aren't usually this argumentative around here

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Fizza wrote:

I'm going to try and stay out of this as much as possible but my final thoughts are this: if you're going to leave, don't post it in the one thread new people come to in order to introduce themselves to everyone else OK?
Now that that's out of the way, to anyone new here who's reading this, welcome! I promise we aren't usually this argumentative around here

Fizza said it more eloquently than I could have

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

Ok, so I've been here since the start of 2022, but I suppose I haven't made my mark yet. So, my name is Ella, I'm 12 years old going on 13, I like to watch anime and play games with my brother, I live in the nice cold state of Michigan, some people consider me super nice while some consider me super mean, I like to bake too. I'm both stupid and smart, depends on the topic, I really like cats, snakes, and axolotls, I'm allergic to life, I never shut up, and that's about it I suppose.

There is no end though there is a start in space. — Infinite.
It has (its) own power, it ruins, and it goes though there is a start also in the star. — Finite.
Only the person who (has) wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko hello again sorry for the chaotic state of this thread

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@Eagly It's ok, I'm used to chaos.

There is no end though there is a start in space. — Infinite.
It has (its) own power, it ruins, and it goes though there is a start also in the star. — Finite.
Only the person who (has) wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic