Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,527

Geekstillafterallthe

Hi I'm luke and I have been playing Nintendo systems almost my entire life. I am currently trying to fix that by branching out to other systems.

Have a great day yall

Geekstillafterallthe

Anti-Matter

@Geekstillafterallthe
Hello.
Welcome to Nintendolife. ūüėÉ

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kairu

Hey, all!

I've been a member of sister site Push Square for about 8 years now and I figured that now I'm playing my Switch a heck of a lot more I'd come join you wonderful bunch as well. Hope you're all having a great day! Roll on Splatoon 3 and Silksong.

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes.

Just wants to play Silksong...

Twitter:

michaelpohara

@Kairu - I didn't even know Push Square was a sister site until I tried registering for a new account.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

Kairu

@michaelpohara I actually didn’t think I could use the same account at first but then I just tried to log in and it worked!

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes.

Just wants to play Silksong...

Twitter:

Maxenmus

Felt like joining a forum for discussion now that I've got countless hours of SMT on the 3DS awaiting me, so I found this neat little haven.

Hi yall, I'm a 32 years old Chinese Singaporean. My first Nintendo games (that I could recall) were, of course, Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow on the Gameboy Color, before I went through multiple Nintendo consoles playing numerous Pokémon titles, including Gameboy Pocket/SP, NDS/3DS, and finally, my current Nintendo Switch. Eventually, I moved on from Pokémon to Animal Crossing, but nowadays, as you can tell from my avatar, I'm an obsessed SMT fan who just started Strange Journey: Redux on the 3DS.

After completing SMT V on my Switch, I was eager to explore more of the rich SMT universe, so I went on a 3DS shopping spree, purchasing from Amazon SMT IV, IVA, Strange Journey Redux, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (I also just pre-ordered Soul Hackers 2 on Steam). It might seem like like fanaticism, but both SMT Nocturne and SMT V just sucked me into the surreal universe. The whole concept of the franchise (fighting God and Satan to win the throne and conquer the universe) and the rich mythology of the demons spanning multiple cultures, there's just so much to discover here that I have no regrets spending so much.

Overall, I had a fun and enriching experience, especially after having just completed SMT IV yesterday. The storytelling was engaging with its twists and turns on a grand epic scale clashing with gods and demons, the universe immersive with its numerous characters sharing their views on the universe, and multiple dialogue options leading to multiple endings is always fun for me. I've barely started on Strange Journey: Redux and it's already impressing me quite a bit with its thrilling tale of soldiers on an expedition to save Earth being trapped in a demon dimension. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

And I can't wait to further share my joy with you lovely folks down here at Nintendo Life. Hope to see yall around.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

TheJGG

Hey @Maxenmus pleasure to meet you! I'm by no means a SMT fan but I can see why SMTV appealed to you so much, it has such an unsettling atmosphere, plus the religious undertones make it a really interesting game thematically.

Check out my YouTube channel for video game music covers, video essays and more!

Currently playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Kermit1

@Maxenmus Hello! Can't wait to see more of you on here!

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

Maxenmus

Heya Anti-Matter, TheJGG and Kermit1; thank you all for the warm welcome.

And yeah, @TheJGG, the atmosphere is one reason I'm so sucked into the universe. It's not just unsettling, but also surreal and unique. It's unlike a lot of RPGs I've played where I'm either beating some demon lord or some cyberpunk thug. This is God and Satan as the antagonists we're talking about. lol That's wild.

The religious undertones are interesting, but for me, it's more about learning about the different cultures these wide variety of demons represent. There's just so much rich lore to learn from the demon descriptions. And no disrespect to Pokémon, but unlike the Pokedex, these demon descriptions are based on real world cultures that real people have religiously followed, so there's a more satisfying feeling to learning about them.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1

@Emeralds hello, welcome!

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

HarmanSmith

@Maxenmus Welcome!

Hey, I also love the SMT universe, even if I haven't played all of them.

I loved SMT V and I have IV on my DS, waiting for me.

BTW, hello everybody! I am a relatively newcomer (been reading the site for some time, so I finally decided to join the forums). My name is Hank and I am from Mexico.

I travel a lot due to work reasons, so I have been playing many games on my Switch.

HarmanSmith

HarmanSmith

Maxenmus wrote:

Heya Anti-Matter, TheJGG and Kermit1; thank you all for the warm welcome.

And yeah, @TheJGG, the atmosphere is one reason I'm so sucked into the universe. It's not just unsettling, but also surreal and unique. It's unlike a lot of RPGs I've played where I'm either beating some demon lord or some cyberpunk thug. This is God and Satan as the antagonists we're talking about. lol That's wild.

The religious undertones are interesting, but for me, it's more about learning about the different cultures these wide variety of demons represent. There's just so much rich lore to learn from the demon descriptions. And no disrespect to Pokémon, but unlike the Pokedex, these demon descriptions are based on real world cultures that real people have religiously followed, so there's a more satisfying feeling to learning about them.

That's why I love the SMT series. It's too interesting to read the lore behind all the demons. As you said, the demons are based on real world cultures, so, beside a great gaming experience, you can learn something.

Besides, it works on some other levels too. In most of the SMT games, it's all about Satan (Evil) vs God (Good). So, it makes sense that all kind of deities takes part on the story.

HarmanSmith

Maxenmus

HarmanSmith wrote:

Hey, I also love the SMT universe, even if I haven't played all of them.

I loved SMT V and I have IV on my DS, waiting for me.

Welcome to the family. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

I definitely recommend playing SMT IV for its immersive world-building, and also Strange Journey Redux too if you ever get the chance since it's considered to have one of the best storylines in the franchise (only second to the Devil Survivor games which are massively popular for their storytelling, so I recommend those too). Basically just buy all the SMT games on the 3DS and you won't regret it (except the controversial SMT IV: Apocalypse perhaps, the black sheep of the SMT franchise).

HarmanSmith wrote:

That's why I love the SMT series. It's too interesting to read the lore behind all the demons. As you said, the demons are based on real world cultures, so, beside a great gaming experience, you can learn something.

Besides, it works on some other levels too. In most of the SMT games, it's all about Satan (Evil) vs God (Good). So, it makes sense that all kind of deities takes part on the story.

Yeah, it's truly a unique experience in terms of video game storytelling and a fascinating one if you're into mythologies like me.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

HarmanSmith

@Maxenmus Thank you very much!

I was planning on do just that, anyway, I am sold on the SMT universe already, lol.

I wanted to go physical on these (just like with SMT V; I even went with the "Fall of Man Edition"), but it seems that they are damn hard to find nowadays (at least, in my country).

Can you still buy them on the DS Store?

HarmanSmith

Maxenmus

HarmanSmith wrote:

Can you still buy them on the DS Store?

I'm not sure. I got my physical copies through Amazon because it's impossible to find them in Singapore as well, where I live. I think the DS eshop might still have it, but if you want to go that path, you better hurry since it's closing some time next year.

Maxenmus

JoeDiddley

Nice to see everyone here, and some more SMT fans. 3DS did really well for Atlus games, and Switch now too after a slow start.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

ogo79

Emeralds wrote:

Hewwo I is new

hey welcome to the board.
there used to be a group of tough guys in a biker gang or something hanging around here called legion of metal.
i ran em off though.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic