Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,624

Maxenmus

Heya Anti-Matter, TheJGG and Kermit1; thank you all for the warm welcome.

And yeah, @TheJGG, the atmosphere is one reason I'm so sucked into the universe. It's not just unsettling, but also surreal and unique. It's unlike a lot of RPGs I've played where I'm either beating some demon lord or some cyberpunk thug. This is God and Satan as the antagonists we're talking about. lol That's wild.

The religious undertones are interesting, but for me, it's more about learning about the different cultures these wide variety of demons represent. There's just so much rich lore to learn from the demon descriptions. And no disrespect to Pokémon, but unlike the Pokedex, these demon descriptions are based on real world cultures that real people have religiously followed, so there's a more satisfying feeling to learning about them.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

HarmanSmith

@Maxenmus Welcome!

Hey, I also love the SMT universe, even if I haven't played all of them.

I loved SMT V and I have IV on my DS, waiting for me.

BTW, hello everybody! I am a relatively newcomer (been reading the site for some time, so I finally decided to join the forums). My name is Hank and I am from Mexico.

I travel a lot due to work reasons, so I have been playing many games on my Switch.

HarmanSmith

HarmanSmith

Maxenmus wrote:

Heya Anti-Matter, TheJGG and Kermit1; thank you all for the warm welcome.

And yeah, @TheJGG, the atmosphere is one reason I'm so sucked into the universe. It's not just unsettling, but also surreal and unique. It's unlike a lot of RPGs I've played where I'm either beating some demon lord or some cyberpunk thug. This is God and Satan as the antagonists we're talking about. lol That's wild.

The religious undertones are interesting, but for me, it's more about learning about the different cultures these wide variety of demons represent. There's just so much rich lore to learn from the demon descriptions. And no disrespect to Pokémon, but unlike the Pokedex, these demon descriptions are based on real world cultures that real people have religiously followed, so there's a more satisfying feeling to learning about them.

That's why I love the SMT series. It's too interesting to read the lore behind all the demons. As you said, the demons are based on real world cultures, so, beside a great gaming experience, you can learn something.

Besides, it works on some other levels too. In most of the SMT games, it's all about Satan (Evil) vs God (Good). So, it makes sense that all kind of deities takes part on the story.

HarmanSmith

Maxenmus

HarmanSmith wrote:

Hey, I also love the SMT universe, even if I haven't played all of them.

I loved SMT V and I have IV on my DS, waiting for me.

Welcome to the family. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

I definitely recommend playing SMT IV for its immersive world-building, and also Strange Journey Redux too if you ever get the chance since it's considered to have one of the best storylines in the franchise (only second to the Devil Survivor games which are massively popular for their storytelling, so I recommend those too). Basically just buy all the SMT games on the 3DS and you won't regret it (except the controversial SMT IV: Apocalypse perhaps, the black sheep of the SMT franchise).

HarmanSmith wrote:

That's why I love the SMT series. It's too interesting to read the lore behind all the demons. As you said, the demons are based on real world cultures, so, beside a great gaming experience, you can learn something.

Besides, it works on some other levels too. In most of the SMT games, it's all about Satan (Evil) vs God (Good). So, it makes sense that all kind of deities takes part on the story.

Yeah, it's truly a unique experience in terms of video game storytelling and a fascinating one if you're into mythologies like me.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

HarmanSmith

@Maxenmus Thank you very much!

I was planning on do just that, anyway, I am sold on the SMT universe already, lol.

I wanted to go physical on these (just like with SMT V; I even went with the "Fall of Man Edition"), but it seems that they are damn hard to find nowadays (at least, in my country).

Can you still buy them on the DS Store?

HarmanSmith

Maxenmus

HarmanSmith wrote:

Can you still buy them on the DS Store?

I'm not sure. I got my physical copies through Amazon because it's impossible to find them in Singapore as well, where I live. I think the DS eshop might still have it, but if you want to go that path, you better hurry since it's closing some time next year.

Maxenmus

JoeDiddley

Nice to see everyone here, and some more SMT fans. 3DS did really well for Atlus games, and Switch now too after a slow start.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

ogo79

Emeralds wrote:

Hewwo I is new

hey welcome to the board.
there used to be a group of tough guys in a biker gang or something hanging around here called legion of metal.
i ran em off though.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

actionmovieherogirl

Hi! I'm actionmovieherogirl, but you can call me AMHG, Jess, or Caldera. I've been a fan of Nintendo for as long as I can remember (likely due to my dad being a gamer). I own the Switch and the 2DS XL, my favorite game at the current moment is SSBU (Wolf main if my profile picture, signature, and tagline didn't already tell you that), and my favorite franchise is Rhythm Heaven!

I used to have another account on here, but my old posts were REALLY embarassing (I was like 11 or 12). Plus 90 percent of it was just me asking dumb questions and being dramatic about save data and NFC readers, so I moved here for a fresh start.

Nice to meet you!

Yes, my username is a reference to a Lemon Demon song.
Local annoying Wolf main.

WoomyNNYes

Welcome @actionmovieherogirl!
I joined here when the Switch came out. The forum is generally a nice place. If you encounter anyone toxic, you can anonymously use the Report button by their username on their post.

edit: Nice profile banner pic, by the way.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Manuel16

Hey, I'm Manuel
i've read some threads over the past months and finally motivated myself to register .

I got a Switch and my favorite Game is still Breath of the Wild
( i play on Switch and PC, recently mostly at PC, but i still use the switch from time to time mostly it's because of switch games im interested in are often more expensive then something else on steam/pc xD )
The switch is my first own console, my parents had a xbox 360 which was the first console i played on when they did let me (but i was wayy too young so they didn't let me very often use it)

And uhm! Nice to meet you all!

And you can ask me anything, also if there's something i can help with, i'll help ^^

Manuel16

Arnie4490

Hello, I've been reading/ watching Nintendolife for quite a while now and thought I'd finally join the forums. I used to frequent forums a lot during their heyday in the mid to late 2000's but dropped off somewhere around 2010, (started with the Animal Forest forum hosted by Gamespy, blast from the past). Noticed over the fast few years that most forums aren't that active, so it was nice to see an active forum.
I've been playing Nintendo consoles since the NES and Duck Hunt, I'm big into RPGs and I've recently finished Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Omori and Neo: The World Ends with you on the Switch, (I can highly recommend each). Currently working my way through Crosscode. The Switch library is fast becoming one of my favourites, so many good games for multiple genres.
Nice to meet you all!

Arnie4490

SonOfDracula

If you're new here, don't bother. This place has turned into an echo chamber. I'm new here, but I'm noping the F out of this place. Too many toxic fanboys.

SonOfDracula

WoomyNNYes

@SonOfDracula The article comment sections are where the toxic lurk, that's true. But surprisingly, those toxic souls usually never visit the forum. You're mostly talking to a different group in here. I wouldn't paint the forum area with the same wide brush.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1doesmath

@WoomyNNYes @SonOfDracula On the forums we like to talk and get to understand one another. On the forums we also just have fun and take things lightly since this is just a hobby in the end.

Also Mr. SonOfDracula I took a look at your profile and almost all your comments are quite negative, even your "quote" on your banner is implying something, like you want to end all this.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic