Forums

Topic: The Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 3,681

PoliticallyIncorrect

@BloodNinja I saw you had mentioned a book by Thich Nhat Hanh earlier. Just thought I'd share with you that I had met him in Burlington, Vermont about 17 years ago, maybe a little longer than that as I'm not that great with dates. Really nice fellow.

Edited on by PoliticallyIncorrect

The Other White Meat

BloodNinja

@PoliticallyIncorrect Man, that’s awesome! He is a great man and an excellent author. His books have helped me immensely. Highly recommended.

@jump Are trying to recruit?

Edited on by BloodNinja

BloodNinja

PoliticallyIncorrect

@BloodNinja I've read The Miracle of Mindfulness, but that's the only one. I enjoyed the book and it's ideology. It's unfortunate he is no longer able to speak any longer.

The Other White Meat

BloodNinja

@PoliticallyIncorrect Very true, I was sad to learn of his passing. At least his thoughts live on. There are videos of some of his talks on YouTube, too.

BloodNinja

PoliticallyIncorrect

@BloodNinja He's not dead bro. He's 94, living at a monastery now I believe. He lost his speech because of an illness or something.

The Other White Meat

BloodNinja

@PoliticallyIncorrect A couple years ago I read an article stating he passed from a heart attack. Freaking fake news, man...LOL

Uh oh, I said fake news...here come the nationalist accusations!

BloodNinja

jump

@BloodNinja It was a quip from how you mentioned you can't be a Nazi as Nazis are German.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BloodNinja

@jump I wrote that I can't be a "German nationalist." That's the only thing you decided to take from that post?

BloodNinja

PoliticallyIncorrect

@BloodNinja I thought I had read he was dead too some time back. Don't worry dude, intelligent people can see that you're not a white nationalist, and you're no Nazi either. Take it from someone who's family has actually been affected by the Nazi's.

The Other White Meat

jump

@BloodNinja it's just a joke and even mentioned it was a joke in the post.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@BloodNinja What’s orange and sounds like a parrot? A Carrot!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Losermagnet

An excerpt from the Wikipedia article on Nazi imagery in Thailand:

"There is a herbal laxative tea sold in Thailand. The package depicts Hitler's head with fire coming from his mouth and light beams emitting from his eyes. The caption of the package reads "Release the Demon."

The fire is coming from his mouth? So close.

Real talk though - I've got this week off from work and I probably wont be posting. Gotta get my life together. It's been fun but with all this talk of Thailand using Hitler to sell fried chicken, and @jump fighting Santa and his deadly reindeer, i feel i need to step away from Nintendolife (/vain attempt at returning thread to somewhat normal subject matter).

I'll be back in 9 days. Unlikely maybe probably.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Losermagnet What’s annoying is the Hitler craze in Thailand started years after I visited Thailand as I would had loved to seen in it person.

In any case enjoy your time away from the site!

Nicolai wrote:

PoliticallyIncorrect

@BloodNinja It's funny though. I think this jump person has me on their ignore list or something. I'm guessing it's because I said Disney ruined Star Wars and that I no longer support Disney because I don't feel like paying to be indoctrinated. That's the only convo I have ever had with jump. Perhaps I'm mistaken though. Either way, it's hilarious, as I have tagged him/her in a couple comments today, but never a reply.

Edited on by PoliticallyIncorrect

The Other White Meat

jump

@PoliticallyIncorrect nah, I don’t have anyone on my ignore list.

I saw the comment about your family during the Holocaust and wasn’t really sure what to say apart from that sucks which sounds like a rather pathetic response so I was gonna think of something better but just didn’t get round to it.

So... that sucks but at least your family moved on from it.

Nicolai wrote:

PoliticallyIncorrect

@jump Oh, that's alright. Just wasn't sure is all. Wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable or anything, it's just that it's the only Nazi story I have.

The Other White Meat

BloodNinja

@jump I can’t see the embedded video. They never show up on my browser from this site for whatever reason.

Look, I don’t know you and you don’t know me. If you’re the joking type, that’s great. I am too. Difference is that I have learned to build some rapport with people before dumping my most disgusting jokes on them. Comedians do this, too. It’s called “reading the crowd.” I am not offended, but you came across as fact checking, rather than telling a joke.

@PoliticallyIncorrect It’s mildly interesting, but I’ve noted how on other posts he tends to be mildly antagonistic towards others, so it’s rather difficult to take him seriously.

BloodNinja

jump

@PoliticallyIncorrect don’t worry about it and it’s probably my bad for not responding sooner.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic