Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2020

Posts 101 to 120 of 156

Grumblevolcano

I'm sticking with Monster Hunter for the Smash prediction. Monster Hunter Rise is inbound at the end of March and Nintendo will want it to sell well enough that Nintendo platforms aren't abandoned when it comes to the future of the franchise (Monster Hunter being a Smash fighter would boost Monster Hunter Rise sales).

@SM3DASislit Just Dance 2021 was a week, Watch Dogs Legion was 2 weeks (both appeared in the Black Friday sales). Immortals Fenyx Rising will probably go on sale during the late December sales.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikaPhantom

@Grumblevolcano Monster Hunter sells regardless? Not ruling it out, of course, and I'd say keep in mind that Rise was delayed to March due to the pandemic, but it's not a given. I'm not sure if my prediction is a given either

PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

@JustMe Pretty sure the game director confirmed that because of COVID, Rise got pushed back to March 2021

Edited on by PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

Magician

Eh, it depends on your perspective. Everything in the gaming industry was delayed due to COVID. But MHR shouldn't be compared to say...Cyberpunk 2077. A game that was originally set for release in April, and then moved to September, and then moved to December. The first time we heard about MHR it was announced for March, so technically MHR has never been delayed.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Maybe we'll see more of that Bowser's Fury expansion for Mario 3D World?

Could be a good time to show it. I hope Nintendo show something of a big first party game anyway.

Also hoping this might the first time we see Mass Effect Remaster footage? Frankly that's probably my most anticipated game (that has a vague launch date). Not including Cyberpunk.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

I'm really Scared that they will had fortnite in smash please LORD don't make it so, There are so many better fighters like my L man or Geno.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

Ah but what if its Kratos who's in fortnite joining smash? Would you complain then?

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

I don't think people are interested in Fortnite in Smash the same way they were for Minecraft in Smash.
Also I couldn't tell you a character's name in Fortnite, unlike Steve, even though I've actually played Fortnite. I really doubt that's happening.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 I played fortnite I played it for all the way up to chapter 2 but I don't think people would be that hyped for him. I would be OK with it but not happy I would still play him tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Dezzy I hope so I never played 3d world but I played 3d land its a day one for me.

MPSSislit

@Grumblevolcano
Just Dance 2021 on sale that quickly after launch doesn't surprise me, although Watch Dogs Legion does surprise me.
I know that 3rd party games go on sale 3-6 months after they releases, but a month (or less) after release is pretty crazy.

This is for anyone:
Also, why are people expecting Fortnite to be the next fighter announced for Smash Ultimate?
I guess I missed the latest Smash Ultimate fighter rumor.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

RR529

@SM3DASislit, in regards to Fortnite/Smash.

• Kratos (from PS exclusive God of War) was offered as a skin in Fortnite (on all consoles), so it's assumed that both Nintendo & Microsoft will also each include one of their characters in the game (plus, Kratos' availability ended earlier today, meaning that it's likely that the next crossover skin may be announced tonight at TGA if the rumor pans out).
  • Samus (from Metroid) is the rumored Nintendo rep as the current Fortnite theme is about "Hunters" (Samus is a bounty hunter, and in relation to TGA, which is a western centric event, Metroid content would play well to the audience).
  • Including Fortnite in Smash would be a lucrative cross promotional move to go along with the former rumor.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Wargoose

@RR529 I think Fortnite in Smash is definitely a possibility. I'm hoping it isn't the reveal, because I have no attachment to minecraft or fortnite. I want another reveal like Terry, Banjo or Cloud. Characters with a bit of history, not just characters from games that made all the money.

I wonder if tonight's the night we get a Bayonetta 3 reveal.

Wargoose

Snatcher

I'm going to say sora or crash I hope i'm right.

Snatcher

WOW I NEVER WOUDL HAD.

Wargoose

Sephiroth wow! So good and completely unexpected

Wargoose

Grumblevolcano

The timing was a big surprise too, there's still chance for Monster Hunter in early 2021 given Sephiroth is in December.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic