Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 79,181 to 79,200 of 96,532

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine She's a character from Spy x Family, and she's so bad at cooking her family and dog passed out on the floor after eating it, and it's also purple.
Untitled

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Yeah, it's a common anime cliché. Personally, I'm just feeling sorry for a fictional family that has a 50/50 chance of bad food, 'cause two of the cooks suck and the other two are great chefs, so the kids probably had very variable meals.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

EllaTheQueen6

@Owl1 Ayy I'll be sure to watch it.
@TeaCatherine Yeah, Loid (Father) is a great cook but Yor (Mother) sucks at cooking. One day, Yor cooked breakfast, and Anya (Daughter) read her mind and new she had cooked, so she said "Oh, mama cooked" and Yor said "Oh my, is it really that bad? I'm sorry, Anya." Also yes Anya can read minds, Spy x Family is certaonly a weird show. And her dog can tell the future. The dogs name is Bond.

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine Ok, Ima sum up Spy x Family in a dumb way.
Loid is a spy, he needs to bring down someone to maintain world peace, to do this, he needs to get a child to enter into the school that the enemies son goes to, and so he picks Anya, a little pink haired idiot. This little pink haired idiot said she was 6 when it reality she's 4 at most, and Loid believes it. Loid takes Anya home, Anya causes chaos that could've been avoided if Loid knew Anya could read minds. Loid also needs a wife, so he finds Yor, but Yor is secretly an assasin. Only Anya knows this because only Anya can read minds. And so starts the story of a fake family, all of which have secrett they hide from eachother, and Anya's the only one who knows everyone's secrets. Spy x Family is a good show, go watch it.

Anti-Matter

@ComfyAko
I have traumatic experience from video games and movies in the past when I was kid where I accidentally saw very violence, very gritty, very inappropriate stuffs from rated M games and movies. It made me hating every single rated M stuffs when I grew up as I really regret with those experience in the past. Since then I only play kids games with a few of Teen games that still appropriate enough for me and never liking something that looks evil from rated M stuffs.
I will get really pissed off whenever I accidentally saw those inappropriate stuffs.

Moved away from my past, I have played Kao the Kangaroo Round 2 Gamecube version and to beat the final boss it was really damn hard as it requires very quick reaction which if you made tiny mistake, you have to do it all over again from beginning.
Untitled

Kao the Kangaroo Round 2 storyline was really simple (rescuing the animals from a wild hunter) but their dialogues quality was pretty poor so I didn't really enjoy the storyline.

I have Kao the Kangaroo PS5 version and it was the reason I want to play that game on PS5 with more powerful specs as Kao had a new better design that made me quickly falling in love since I like cartoon boxing characters.
Untitled

And not to mention Kao's Dad (Koby) design, a muscular anthro kangaroo. 😍
Untitled

But I don't have PS5 machine yet so I keep all my PS5 games in the shelf, waiting for PS5 Slim get released with cheaper price. Even my PS5 games are only kids games with very few of Teen games.
Well, that because I don't care or even liking with too popular stuffs like marvel / star wars / FIFA / fortnite, etc so my games collections are completely different with mostly the underrated / niche / unpopular games but matched with my taste.
You will oftenly see me posted the niche / unpopular upcoming games on Switch or PS4 / PS5 according to play-asia since I like kind of those games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko I don't have enough time at the moment because of Maddie the gremlin and her unending war with my aunt's dog, but I will at some point once I get through the rest of my watch list. You hack your 3DS yet?

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine No, I can't hack it for a while cause I'm broke. I plan on hacking it when I'm an adult, but I don't want my dumb kid brain to accidentally brick it.

EllaTheQueen6

Gotta go now sadly. Bye everyone, see y'all tomorrow.
Oh, a note. Since I use my school laptop for this site, I will unfortunatly not be here during the Summer most likely.

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Eh, that's a shame. Surely it would be quite easy using a video or something?

Kermit1doesmath

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko I might be on Discord before the summer, so you might have someone from this site to chat with and relay messages to other users.

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

@ComfyAko Was it her? Please tell me it was her?

You know guys, I 2as thinking, when playing botw, I would have loved to play in cutscenes where link was accompanying Zelda, I would have loved to see more interactions with them.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

Colonel_Mustache wrote:

@Snatcher Oh yeah, definitely I _don't _ want them to be more than $70, but I'm not going to complain either, if anything like you said I'd just wait for sales, unless it is Nintendo lol...

@Colonel_Mustache Sorry for waiting so long to reply. Nintendo is never going to out there stuff on sale, for whatever reason Lmao.
And it’s that reason as for why I just am not really supportive of nintendo doing it, just because they will never put it on sale.

blindsquarel wrote:

@Snatcher
I don’t mind the $70 price if the game is big enough. If it’s a game like TOTK or Spider-Man 2 then I am more then willing to pay $70. But if it’s a Kirby game, or something along those lines, then I don’t think it would be worth it.

Sports games should be $20 at most.

I agree so much, nintendo (of course not just Nintendo) makes stuff like golf tennis and they price it at 60, which is definitely overpriced, that is why I think we should be happy that they priced Metroid as low as they did, I want them to know that we love stuff like that you know?

Eagly wrote:

@Snatcher before You read this remember I am a snob when it comes to gaming

in my personal opinion it all comes down to personal perceived value of a video game. Video game prices are inherently fluid and varied and definitely don’t reflect the quality of the product. To rehash some of my favorite games to bash and praise in USD hollow knight is sold for $15 while madden is sold for $70. One is a beautiful love letter to gaming the other is an asset flip of a 2012 game. For the amount of blood sweat and tears that went into hollow knight getting it for that price was a steal while adversely madden is a yearly joke that usually ends up costing more than 70 when micro transactions come into play. Which is another aspect we have been paying more than 60 dollars for the complete editions of games for years now thanks to a little thing called micro transactions and dlc. That can at a minimum push a 60 dollar game to 80 dollars or depending on the game thousands (heres looking at you sims). But there is another aspect to this video game value drops incredibly fast within a year a $60 video game that wins multiple gotys can drop to $20 or less. I say all this above me to show just how varied video game pricing is

To make a point from all this value is inherently subjective I have not bought a single video game this year unless you count xenoblade future redeemed. There were games I wanted to purchase such as yakuza inshin and jedi survivor but In Inshin’s case I haven’t played the whole series yet so I didn’t see a point while in survivors case I can wait a few months for a sale. In fact the only game I saw enough value in to purchase full price last year was xenoblade 3 (I also would have bought Ragnarok but it came out the week before my birthday) . I would have paid 70 or 80 or 90 for xenoblade because I love the franchise and value the games that highly enough to pre order it’s dlc out if faith in monolith soft. Conversely take some random $70 dollar game like forbidden west that everyone loves many people find value in it and are willing to put in 70 but not me because I hate open world games even if its a good game. And then there is stuff like fifa, 2K and madden I have no idea how anyone buys for 70

Now with all that setup out of the way The point I am trying to make is it comes down to the game some video games are to me worth 70 dollars or more while others I would not play for free. I only buy video games I need at 70 wether it be because I don’t care enough or I want to play the series in order so it all comes down to personal taste and I am personally not too bothered by the $70 price tags because I probably wasn’t going to buy most games at $60 anyways so it just gives me more reason to wait for them to hit the bargain bins

I am sorry if this is a disjointed nightmare TLDR; if it’s a masterpiece like TOTK I’ll pay 70 if it’s uncharted I’ll wait for a sale and if it’s fifa I will laugh at it

@Owl1 I went on a rant about video game pricing and didn’t bash pokemon once

This is actually vary similar to how I pick games! I agree with you 100%, and it’s true, we have been spending more the. 60 for a game, almost every game has dlc now, and will I buy it? Yes! If it’s a game I liked! I mean I mean buying xenoblade 2 plus dlc is like 80 ish, and I think that’s more than worth it! Which makes your points all the more true! And the hollow knight example was perfect, honestly I think 15 is criminal, it doesn’t even have tax? Somehow? That game deserves to be 60 with all the work they put into, compared to madden, and I’m not really trying to put down the devs that worked on that game, but it has different intentions, as madden is meant to be a cash grab.

ComfyAko wrote:

@Snatcher I think of game prices in general as a self sorting issue. If a game costs too much for me, I wait for a sale, or don't buy it at all. I have many hobbies beside video games, and let's face it - time isn't made of rubber, it won't stretch. Therefore I will always be busy.

The biggest contributor to my savings is the fact that there are way less good games now than there were in the 00s, so it's not a financial strain for me.

As for 70$ pricetag, I probably won't buy Zelda until it gets discounted, since I have so many thing to play, it would just gather the proverbial dust.

Which is ok, I don’t think everyone has to be ok with the price tag, and I understand the reasons for not liking it.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Owl1 wait what the heck! You both have a double!

@Colonel_Mustache If they do decide to make more 70$ like, the next Mario maybe? I still don’t think I can resist!

Snatcher

@Colonel_Mustache I think there is a vary high chance of that happening.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I have replied to you about $70 game.
Why did you intentionally ignored me?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Snatcher
I have replied to you about $70 game.
Why did you intentionally ignored me?

@Anti-Matter Did I not give reasons two weeks ago about why I might not respond to comments? Because if you remembered one of them was if I just don’t have anything thought provoking or just anything to say in general, well since you asked me I will reply to it now.
you compare the price of the games I was talking about to novelty games that include something extra, like skylalanders, your buying the figures the pad and the game that comes with it, ring fit same thing, labo, same, thing. So I guess you can say I don’t think it’s the same thing, so I don’t really agree with the notion, and when it comes to Nintendo, they, never, drop, price. I also said you don’t have to be offended if I don’t reply, it’s not that I ignoring you, for all you know I missed it.

@Colonel_Mustache Oh 100%

@Eagly Oh I also wanted to tell you! [spoiler] I just met what her name, uh, uh I forgot her name, I haven’t played it in like a week and I just met her, uh, she has wing on her head silver hair. I’m loving this game a lot so far! If I was to make one critic this game seems to have you run around a lot more the. 2, but nothing that’s ruining my enjoyment of course! I will also get to replying to you soon!

Edited on by Snatcher

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
At least you can reply me with short answer as I have answered your question about $70.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic