Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 69,301 to 69,320 of 96,521

reporterdavid

@Kermit1 Always BEAN themselves. You know that's a secret to, like Bean, most of them (Monthy Python - Silly Walks , Bean, Wallace from Gromit , Allo Allo, Basil from Fawlty Towers) are silly, kinda "losers", not the most richest persons. In America you have these Disney shows where glamour is all important, very sweet. Some English series have a greyer tone where it rains a lot (which it does a lot of times in England).

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Kermit1doesmath

@reporterdavid I think Stephen Fry put it best (this is from memory) "British Comedians would rather be the one getting hit by the guitar and American Comedians would rather be the one hitting someone with it."

That's probably the best way to put it lol. Here in Canada, we get a fair share of grey skies too lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

TeaCatherine

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Kermit1 most console exclusive 3rd party games eventually end up on other consoles like monster hunter, Persona and Yakuza to name a few. I just have to wait

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Yeah, but in Persona's case it took years.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I mean your not wrong lol. They almost always end up on other consoles.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I totally agree with you that it's not worth getting an Xbox for one game and Microsoft don't seem to be good at either quality or quantity. Also, you're probably right about 3rd party exclusives, I'm just saying the suspense is annoying.

Kermit1doesmath

@TeaCatherine my brother owns 2 Xboxs just for Forza and DiRT. So yes, sometimes we do buy things for just 2 games lol.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 Which ones? Also, no accounting for taste.

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I'm not overly fussed about most of your examples and I don't know about the downfall of Ori (please tell me what happened). Honestly, I don't like Gamepass, but I can understand why some people would use it. I do agree that timed exclusivity deals are a bad idea, but I think that first party exclusives are vital part of the business.

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 I totally agree, Xbox consoles must be named by some lunatic somewhere, I mean Playstations are clearly numbered and Nintendo doesn't really stick with a concept so it's less confusing (although, I did get the N64 and Gamecube confused for a while.)

TeaCatherine

Good night.

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika neat

I'm gonna leave the forums for a bit (I said this yesterday but things changed) my internet is being bizarre right now.

Tyranexx

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I didn't mind the Hans twist as a concept, but IMO the execution could've been better. A lot better.

On the new Puss In Boots film: People are welcome to their opinions, though clearly most critics disagree with the naysayers in this case. Some of those reviews are fairly entertaining. Apparently people forget that "PG" means "Parental Guidance", which means it's considered suitable for kids but at the parent/guardian's discretion. People could easily leave the theater if they're that disturbed. Besides, ratings have actually become more strict in my experience.

I still hope to work the movie in, though the new Avatar movie is my higher priority. Now I just need to find three hours of spare time to slot in to watch the first film. It's been awhile.

@MarioLover92 Glad to hear! Sounds like you're getting plenty of family time in already. My 2023 is okay so far - getting slammed at work now that all the holiday madness is over.

I've now made it a goal for this year: to assemble a PC provided nothing major occurs financially before I make up my mind on components. My current laptop still functions fine, but it's starting to get up there in age and isn't really built for high-end gaming or development. I want to play around with Blender and Unity 3D. It's been several years since I've done so lol.

I hope things are going well in the Splatfest for your team! I started Paper Mario: The Origami King last weekend and like it for the most part. Currently close to unraveling the second streamer. I also hit the 3DS eShop for possibly the final time earlier to secure a couple of purchases. Mole Mania is currently my side game.

@Sunsy I admit I've never heard of Rise of the Triad, though I'm familiar with the Wolfenstein franchise. Haven't played any of the games though. I appreciate you sharing that cover! It's a pretty good take on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I was just under the impression you watch a LOT of YouTube while multitasking. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

blindsquirrel

I think I’m going to quit using Reddit. It’s fun to look at, but I’m much happier when I don’t use it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Snatcher

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Snatcher yeah any 3rd party exclusives that don’t feature 1st party characters end up ported eventually. For instance I believe someday SMT 5, MH stories 2 and dragon quest treasures to name a few will end up on ps/xbx. And stuff like stray will be on all platforms too

Mh stories 2 is probably gonna end up on pc, I’m sure of it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

blindsquarel wrote:

I think I’m going to quit using Reddit. It’s fun to look at, but I’m much happier when I don’t use it.

I use it once a month, and that is enough.

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Yeah, I like classic FPS games, and it's one of the ones that didn't make it to console (unlike Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake). Actually started out as a Wolfenstein sequel, but then Apogee lost the license and went nuts and made their own shooter with some crazy ideas (like a dog mode). I'm glad it's getting a remaster on PC and consoles. Did get a modern remake in 2013.

Glad you appreciate it, there's also a midi version that was in the original PC game and always played whenever you played the game on Christmas day. That one was from the 2013 remake, didn't hear it when I changed the date on my PC in that version.

Nope, just me falling asleep to either a fireplace, or train ride, or plane videos. Sometimes I will have it on when I'm using my PC and following a livestream.

@blindsquarel Worst subreddit I've been to, the DreamWorks one. They basically rip you a new one for simply being a Trolls fan. Hidden rule there, you're only allowed to like Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and How To Train Your Dragon, all of which are great movies, just Trolls is my favorite. So, I just left it without saying anything.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Phew...
I have entered 3rd year in Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town PS4.
Already got Brown Alpaca and I named her Wholahay (from ANTM cycle 8) 😆
I have finished two requests in a row (the jewels and the motirbike supply) and now I'm facing the hardest request ever, getting Alpaca Wool+ and Brown Alpaca Wool+.
They are nearly impossible to get items as I have been raised one Alpaca heart to level 10 with Happiness level 10 and yet I still never get Alpaca Wool+ when I sheared them. 😩
I read from walkthrough the only way to increase the chance of getting Plus products by breed the animals into higher number generation. It will take forever to get only one Alpaca Wool+ unless if I luckily get from the Sprites.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic