Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 69,321 to 69,340 of 96,570

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
That was suck to get discrimination of not allowed to like The Trolls just because it is a franchise that appeal for girl audiences by most while the other DreamWorks franchises are more boyish franchises.
Are peoples also get bullied for liking other girlie franchises too over there ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
I have tried to breed my Alpaca until 3rd generation and yet the 1st gen Alpaca I got only gave me multiple of Alpaca wools but never gave me Alpaca Wool+. 😩
The other animals like my cows and goats oftenly gave me Milk+ products even they are only 1st gen animal.
I have three more Spirit Requests to finish:
1. Clemens Motorbike repair part 2 with Alpaca Wool+ & Brown Alpaca wool+
2. Rare crops part 1
3. Rare crops part 2

When these requests finished, I can play relax without pressure and I can get married since I have finished all the additional missions.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Nah, more or less it's the "it's for little kids" argument, or "Poppy is annoying." If you actually watch more than the first five minutes, you see Poppy has some heart and cares for others throughout the movie (and series since there's cartoons on Netflix and Peacock too).

Trolls spoilers (for some examples)...
In one scene, Poppy shows compassion to Branch, she sees the good in the bergens whereas the trolls see them as monsters, she helps Bridget (a bergen) overcome shyness, meet the king, and helped her experience happiness, and looks on the bright side of things. There's a good reason why I love this troll so much.

While they market Poppy often to girls, the other character Branch is a boy, so I'd say it's more of a general series. I also notice, they also hate Spirit Untamed and Boss Baby IIRC, I guess Spirit Untamed would be "girly" for lack of a better phrase, but Boss Baby is just for kids in general, again lack of a better way to describe it.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika There's my favorite troll, giving a high five to the DreamWorks kid. Also, really cool they gave us a bit of a new Shrek animation. Thanks for showing.

I do want to see Puss In Boots. Finally got around to seeing the first one last year. I'm guessing this logo will be used on Trolls 3 as well, though the stylized versions for both Trolls movies were fun.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika they would be crazy not to.

I use Reddit all the time, I love it! Wait, lurking doesn’t count?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

blindsquirrel

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika @Kermit1 @Sunsy
I think I’m at most just going to use it if I need help in a game. Although I will probably delete my account just so I’m not tempted to get on again.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Sunsy

@Snatcher Actually, I usually peak at the Sonic subreddit. I will admit, smaller subreddits are better than bigger ones or ones with a cult-like following (like the aforementioned DreamWorks subreddit).

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika It's really cool, it touches on DreamWorks' past (Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and HTTYD) and present (Trolls, Boss Baby, The Bad Guys), it feels like a celebration. It can't include everything since they did make a lot of movies, still, it's a mix of both past and present successes.

Indeed, and that's how it should be. If you don't like a movie, that's fine, just don't be a jerk to those who do like it. They may have their reasons for liking said movie too. It shows how toxic fans can ruin something, and cause people to leave a community too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Oh, I knew about Spirit Untamed.
There was a video game of Spirit from DreamWorks on multi consoles by Outright Games. My planning is getting the PS4 version. I think you can check the Switch or Steam version of Spirit.
I really hope Outright Games will bring more kids games from DreamWorks or Nicklelodeon / Nickledeon Jr on multi consoles.
I heard there will be upcoming Transformers games by Outright Games again on this year.

Speaking about Puss in Boots, I think I will consider the game on PS3 version (published by THQ) just for curiosity since I became more open with certain Western cartoon / kids franchises.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Oh I have noticed, been here long enough. FWIW, most in this community are pretty cool. Oh wow, here I still remember the 25th anniversary attached to Trolls World Tour. That 25th anniversary logo was a joy to see on the big screen, all the clips from all their movies. Reminds me of the Sega logo from the Sonic movies.

That's great, sounds like a nice idea getting them on 4k discs. I was impressed at all the details Trolls World Tour had when I saw it at that local theater event this past summer, this is coming from someone who rented the original release in HD too.

Indeed, I agree with that sentiment. Also, sometimes understanding a series can make it better. Example, someone may think Trolls is a happy movie with singing and dancing, understanding it, I can see the heart to it, the love put into making the craft-like world (that Art of Trolls book makes me appreciate the work more as well, all the behind the scenes stuff), the attempt to make a 2D cartoon that actually expands on it, while recalling events of the movie, of course the cute characters. It's all a joy to me. I'm really excited for Trolls 3, eagerly awaiting a trailer for it. They did reveal Poppy's new look at a Brazil comic convention Universal was at (confirmed, they posted the convention on their Brazil account), which is cool.

@Anti-Matter Yeah, many on that subreddit hated Spirit Untamed. I liked it when I saw it on Peacock, and I have my own copy. I'm thinking about getting that game one day.

I really hope they tap in more to DreamWorks. I use to enjoy a mobile Trolls game I can't play anymore. I would love a regular normal Trolls game on Switch or PC via Steam, honestly, I wouldn't having them on both, I recently bought My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure on PC just to have it there too, I love playing it on Switch. I think Outright Games can pull it off, they published a solid MLP adaptation.

Edited on by Sunsy

MarioVillager92

Trying my absolute best in the Splatfest... but things have been getting rough a lot of the time. I did win a couple 10x battles for Team Sweet though. Is it me, or do the Team Spicy players win a vast majority of their matches? I swear, these guys are so good.

@Sunsy I certainly wouldn't mind having some of that Mario movie merch, as well. Yeah, I do remember you mentioned that about Trolls World Tour, when that... thing happened, so its theatrical release wasn't until a couple years later. Just a random question, you have a favorite Trolls movie? Since you are the resident Trolls lover on Nintendo Life, after all.

Lucky you with those movie timings! My birthday is January 24th, and January seems to be kind of a slow month in general, lol.

That sounds like a cool mug collection you have. Besides the Mario mugs that I previously mentioned, I also have a Shovel Knight travel mug. We have some cat mugs, and some Christmas-themed mugs as well. That's cool, I sometimes drink tea and hot cocoa, just always been more of a coffee guy. We actually have a really nice teapot in our cupboard, which we like to put tea in. The one we have has flowers printed all over it. Come to think of it, that'd be another good Splatfest theme - coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. Wonder if someone at Nintendo will read this?

@Tyranexx Ah, gotcha... best of luck at work. Yep, we'll be having a nice party and everything. Maybe even play one of my favorite Mario games to celebrate my birthday!

Good luck on getting everything for your PC build, as well. I don't think I've heard of Blender, what is that like? I do know of Unity.

Thank you, I'm on Team Sweet, and I'm doing my best. It's been getting pretty rough for me, but I did win a decent amount of matches, including two 10x battles. Looks like Team Sweet has been in the lead since halftime, but it's not over yet... we'll see what happens when it's all over. That's cool, I finished Origami King a few years ago and I thought it was a decent game. Hope you enjoy it and Mole Mania. I actually got some games from the 3DS eShop as well, mainly stuff like Game Boy games, but I got Kirby Planet Robobot too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Gaming journey's been unique lately. I've been hammering away at a full season of F1 Manager 2022 and managed to win a race with Mercedes! Got Horizon Forbidden West, dunno why I missed that last year, it's so good. Last of Us Part I is also really fun to play, if tough thanks to the mushroom zombies. Also got Persona 5 Royal on Switch and I've been playing it so long you'd think it was my first time. F1 22 is awful.

Having that perspective is nice since I can finally disembark the Xenoblade 3 evangelist hype train. It's a brilliant game, and my favourite of 2022 but it's not the best out there. Hardware matters to a certain extent.

Had a nice shopping spree on eShop. Using a £50 voucher I bought Civilization VI, Crash N'Sane Trilogy and Portal/Portal 2, all on discount, and I STILL have enough money to buy Persona 4 Golden when that comes out on January 19th. Birthday's soon too, that's in a week or so!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

TeaCatherine

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

Xenoblade 3 fabricators are both a blessing and curse.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Why so?
Also, read your thing from last night, did not know about any of that and it's a shame because that was on my list of things to try sometime (I mean, I still will) I'm going to get Hollow Knight at some point but I will suck at it. Yeah, it amazes me how bad at managing franchises Microsoft are, when you have a popular series you should try and make it better, not just more profitable because that'll hurt in the long run.
@Kermit1 Irn-Bru isn't so bad you should liken it pickle juice.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Grumblevolcano

@Snatcher MH Stories 2 is already on PC, came out the same day as the Switch version. It's generally safe to assume that any 3rd party Switch exclusive that doesn't feature Nintendo IP comes to PC eventually. So like Live a Live will likely come to PC this year but Sparks of Hope will probably only come to PC if the Switch's successor is a commercial failure.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano That’s why I felt that way, I could have swore it was on PC already. Couldn’t agree with you more, all Nintendo needs to do is take the switch, upgrade it, nothing to fancy, upgrade it, they have always been behind, so no need to take these giant steps.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Princess_Lilly

@Kermit1 Totally agree on the Xbox having the worst possible combinations. I always have to check which one is which whenever the topic arises.

Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

Also, I don't know who needs to hear it today, but everyhing is going to be alright.

Princess_Lilly

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic