Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,201 to 64,220 of 96,525

Tyranexx

@Sunsy The area I live in is mostly rural, so treescapes are in ample supply. Same with wild animals, though unfortunately I only see them as roadkill half the time. I live by a very busy road. Deer are especially fun to see in winter...as long as you aren't driving lol. I have yet to hit one, but I've had a few close calls.

@blindsquarel I'd totally be down for a baked potato bar at a wedding. So far the closest "bar" at weddings I've been to (besides the obvious) is a taco bar (which was amazing).

@Kermit1 Show that anxiety the door (easier said than done, I know). It's nigh on impossible for a single user to send an entire site in a downward spiral (unless they're a net or site admin who made a MAJOR mistake....Hopefully there's a backup or three). I can confidently say you're one of the most positive users floating around this site.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Eagly Wow, that's sounds like a really poorly designed website to have to deal with.

Indeed. I remember the first gaming forum I went to, people use to be like "what are you, 5?" whenever I talked about cartoons I like. I do like some younger kids cartoons too (Sofia the First for example), but ultimately I just like cartoons and animated movies in general. Just stuff like Smurfs, Trolls, Disney, MLP, that sort of stuff in general. It's always been my go-to form of entertainment outside gaming.

@blindsquarel Hope everything goes ok, do get well soon.

@Kermit1 Honestly, I don't think you did anything wrong. Without bringing up names, I have a feeling it was just a few angry because they had their comments deleted in the Bayonetta news stories. Controversial news stories always attracts people who have strong opinions to the point where some break the rules of the site they signed up with.

It's ok to have different opinions, just don't let it get to the point where it results in flaming others.

I may not talk about controversial gaming news here, but I do look into it, usually keep discussion with my IRL friends rather than on the Internet. I rather come here to chat games, and hang out when there's nothing better to do.

BTW, also tagging @Eagly, I like Angry Birds too. Actually, watching the second Angry Birds movie made me get the 3DS version of the game. Funnily enough, it was the last time I bought a physical game for 3DS.

@Tyranexx Nice! It's nice being near a wooded area to see all of this. Sorry to hear about those animals. Deer are fun, even if they sometimes eat the seeds out of our bird feeder, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Deer are definitely fun to watch, though they certainly aren't picky eaters. I've heard of people complain that they get into their gardens or feeders on occasion (even with fencing!), and they aren't shy about raiding bean fields either. They're normally very shy animals, but those less familiar with human activity can be bold at times.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

Wow, another late reply on my end. lol

Sunsy wrote:

@MarioLover92 Ok, yeah I actually had Donkey Kong Land, and my brother had Donkey Kong Land 3. We never had 2. Mostly rented the Donkey Kong Country games. Whoa, not Donkey Kong, but I had something like that with Sonic at one point. It was also a soap bottle, lol. You had to press buttons to get rings onto "points," and it had Sonic Adventure renders as the "screenshot."
I'm the same, I don't eat candy that often. If I have a few fun sized pieces in a month, that I would consider to be a lot since I don't eat it often. I like saving the sweet snack for something good, like a cookie or a cupcake, or muffin, or cake.

Cool, I don't think I ever beat any of the single player modes in the Splatoon games. I've played them on both Wii U and Switch, but ended up playing more online. I'm glad they do exist, they were both fun from what I played. Enjoy Splatoon when you get it on Christmas.

Speaking of cookies, Cookie keeps getting surprised whenever I show up in Animal Crossing, lol. Usually Cookie is the first to notice I've been away from the game.

Cool. That reminds me, I have three Sonic amiibos. I got three after I found out I could only have one save on it, so I decided to get two more for different progress in Smash for them. That is cool, things I have the most of consist of Sonic, Trolls, and My Little Pony. Especially the latter, since I usually got MLP stuff as gifts on special occasion. I do have other stuff with characters I like from other animated movies, cartoons, and games. I have an Isabelle plush, if you remember from awhile back.

Oh that's cool you and your bro had DKL1 and 3. Wow we both had similar bubble bath toys back when we were younger - I think I had 3 of the ones I mentioned at some point, in different colors IIRC. Ah yeah, I do like the last four you mentioned the best. I sure love a good cake, for example.

Gotcha, yeah I mostly play the Splatoon games online as well. They've always been the main focus, after all. Thanks! Yeah I'm not really in a rush to get other Switch games at the moment, so I won't mind until I unwrap them under the tree.

I see, on my island, it's always someone random since I have the full amount of villagers. They sure can be anywhere when I play, lol.

Cool, I just have the one Sonic amiibo. I do have different variants of the Mario amiibo though - the Super Mario version, Smash Bros. version, gold, silver, the 30th anniversary one, Wedding Mario, and Cat Mario. I have a decent amount of Link/Zelda amiibos, too. I do remember that you have that Isabelle plush, you showed a picture of her earlier.

Just a random question, but have you played any of the Zelda games before? It's all right if it's not your thing, I was just curious.

Tyranexx wrote:

Replies only for the most part lol. I'm a bit too lazy/bleh to fully read through the five pages I've missed. I wasn't kidding when I said this past weekend would be busy. To top it off, I'm now mildly ill. Nothing that some rest won't take care of however.

@MarioLover92 I actually hadn't heard about the Mario Edition GBC, though I'm not surprised there was one lol. 3DS VC games count in my humble opinion, plus they're cheaper to get a hold of. I think I'm mostly done with Game Boy purchases, though I might take a chance with a couple of older classics, like Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (though I can easily play other forms of this) and Mole Mania just to try them out. As for Wii Sports, that one stayed at my folks' place, so I haven't played it in awhile either. I wonder if they'll finally let me run off with all the Wii stuff....

Yeah I've been busy lately too, lol. Hope you've been feeling better.

Gotcha, yeah I don't think I've seen one in person, the only special edition I've seen was one of the Pokemon editions. Yep, they're definitely cheaper on the 3DS eShop. As much as I would love any of the original Game Boys, I don't have any of them, so my 3DS is the most feasible way for me to play old-school Game Boy games for the most part. I actually have a physical cart of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and it's got a ton of content, but the screen is so gosh dang small! Mole Mania is pretty good too, and I did make a fair amount of progress before getting stuck on one of the boss fights. I recommend checking it out. Ah I see, I still have my original copy of Wii Sports, but I wonder if it even works now. Perhaps I'll try playing it at some point.

@blindsquarel Just wanted to say that I hope it goes smoothly, you feel better soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

blindsquirrel

@MarioLover92 @Sunsy

Thanks, it’s probably just a vitamin deficiency or something along those lines. I just automatically assume the worst case scenario and stress over it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel I've been getting almost daily headaches because of my wisdom teeth.

I'm getting those out next week (yay)

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Eagly The second Angry Birds movie was just pure fun. The mission premise and gags were just fun.

Cool, I need to watch more Gravity Falls, I liked the show from what I've seen. Some of my favorites include Trolls, I love both movies, the specials and the two streaming cartoons. Actually, friend and I got lucky this past summer seeing Trolls World Tour at local theater twice, considering that was one of the movies that skipped theaters due to obvious reasons. Also loved My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, and even liking the newer generation as well. I loved Phineas and Ferb and Jimmy Neutron. Also, lots of Disney movies and other DreamWorks movies, like Kung Fu Panda. I do like a few younger kids shows, like Alice's Wonderland Bakery and Sofia the First. The latter, ended up being surprisingly good considering the audience it was made for.

I am currently working through The Owl House and Harvey Street Kids/Harvey Girls Forever.

Indeed, experience from other forums I've been to. Ouch, that reminds me of a similar situation, a teacher once made fun of me for wearing a Jimmy Neutron shirt to school. All because it wasn't "age appropriate" for someone in high school to wear that. It sucked actually, I didn't get in trouble with the school as it wasn't breaking rules. I just always wore character stuff, it's nothing new (wearing a Trolls shirt as I type this).

@Tyranexx Indeed they are, they usually run away if I'm walking on the walkway. I have gotten good pictures of them over the years since I can see them from a distance. Definitely not picky, sometimes mom likes to put fruit outside for them. Usually stuff that's about to go bad. We like seeing them.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, though the Sonic one had soap in it being a soap bottle. Yeah, I actually save the sweet for something good. Plus it gives me more control over any sugar I may eat, so it doesn't get eaten much.

Yeah. I'm going to wait for Christmas for any games. Just too late in the year, and I usually get a game or two for Christmas. Hoping to get Sonic Frontiers this year.

Cool, it's always Cookie that I notice first. Honestly, she might be my favorite villager, she's cute.

Nice, I have the 30th anniversary Mario one. I remember buying it one day while I was in Toys R Us, and spotted it. I had no use for it until Mario and Sonic at Rio 2016, but it was cool, like a 3D pixel Mario. I also have the wedding Mario, and wedding Peach and regular Peach. That's cool you have the cat Mario, I haven't seen the cat line anywhere.

I have played some Zelda games before. I have The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past/Four Swords (played this a lot with a friend I went to school with), Link's Awakening DX, I have one of the Oracle games on 3DS, Four Swords 3DS, and I have Breath of the Wild for Wii U.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Good luck with your wisdom teeth, the only bad part is the fact that you can’t eat anything solid for like two weeks. I basically lived off mashed potatoes when I got mine out.

Also the IV sucks, but that might just be because I have a fear of needles.

Eel

It’s only bad if they require surgery, if they can be pulled out, then it’s not so bad.

Two of mine had to be shaved down first, but the dentist was able to pull them out.

So my recovery was rather painless.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blindsquirrel

It took me a little under two months, but I have finally beat Breath of The Wild. All shrines, divine beasts, trial of the sword, champions ballad, and memories.

Why I did this a third time I have no idea, but it was fun to revisit the game.

EllaTheQueen6

Anti-Matter wrote:

My gaming setup
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Bro, you got the Japanese systems and games???? You're lucky, I've wanted the Japanese systems and games for ages.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

Eagly wrote:

@blindsquarel Don’t worry it’s normal I get a headache and assume I’m dying in 24 hours

I get a stomach ache and I think my stomach acid is eating my insides.

Sunsy

@blindsquarel Hoping it's just that, thankfully it doesn't sound worse.

@Eagly Awesome! That's cool, actually one of the theaters I saw Trolls World Tour in this past summer also showed the first Shrek. It was like a special summer event they were doing that showed some older animated movies at a discount. I think the other ones included Sing, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Hotel Transylvania.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is great, I still think it's worth watching from start to finish.

Actually, I didn't know the shows were linked somehow. I remember seeing some Gravity Falls years ago, this was back on the Disney Channel app on iPad or their website, and liked what I saw even if the episode selection was limited. I don't have cable, so I usually had to rely on what was available. When I saw the voice credits, I noticed Alex was voicing King. Eda sounded very familiar being a Jimmy Neutron fan. Wendie Malick voiced one of the villains on the show.

That sounds like an awesome high school. I did go to a special needs high school, so it was different than a normal high school, but that one teacher got so annoyed at me simply wearing one of my favorite characters at the time, and being a teenager (I still do like Jimmy Neutron too). Cartoons and animated movies has always been something I've been into.

I'm just thankful fandom stuff (for lack a a better phrase) is more acceptable nowadays. I could go out in a character shirt, and not get made fun of. If anything, I usually get complements (actually happened last week, my friend's co-worker liked my Poppy shirt, actually made my day).

Cool, I think I've seen an episode or two of Star vs. The Forces of Evil on the same Disney Channel app. That also reminds me, I need to play DuckTales. I bought the game on Wii U years ago before moving, and haven't touched it since because of other games I was playing at the time. (Don't worry about it, I can go on and on too about stuff I like).

EllaTheQueen6

@Sunsy I've seen Star vs The Forces of Evil a million times, it's amazing, the first, like, 2 seasons aren't anything special, but the last seasons are story packed, I'm not saying don't watch all of it, you'll still need context.

Sunsy

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Cool, that's good to hear. At the time I saw the few episodes, it was on a Disney Channel iPad app. Maybe I should check Disney+, since I have that now. Saw it long before Disney+ even existed. My mom and I got rid of cable, and mostly watched shows via Netflix, or channel apps when they had episodes "unlocked." Nowadays we have Hulu, Disney+, and Peacock.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic