Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,201 to 64,220 of 69,166

jump

@Kermit1 I don't typically go in this thread so I didn't know you were in a storm but I'm glad you're okay though!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

blindsquarel

I just came to the realization that Since my brother and dad both got deer tags this year, I get to carry the backpack, with everything we need for the hint, around a mountain for the rest of the week.

Well at least I have been working out for awhile now, and I’m not out of shape like I usually am for the deer hunt.

Currently Playing: Pokémon white
“ who dares to stand up to Vandal Savage, destroyer of worlds”
“ Leonard Snart, Robber of ATM’s

Kermit1Pineapple

@Sunsy Hurricane Fiona will be remembered here for years. Everything is either damaged really bad or without power.

I didn't really play on my Switch because I wanted to save power. Our generator's name is Jerry btw.

Gas station lines are pretty crazy right now, but I'll detail those in my Logs, which I will post shortly.

Currently playing: Bug Fables

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

If I'm slow to reply thank the 502 errors

Snatcher

@Kermit1 I’m, vary happy to have made you happy. Goes to show you, you never know how your presence effects someone, even online, that’s why you should always treat people how you want to be treated.

@Eel That makes me feel better, I didn’t even know he had any activity at all.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp! Merry Christmas!

Anti-Matter

Are the strong winds typhoon / hurricane oftenly happen in North American continent during the transition from summer to autumn season ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1Pineapple

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Sounds cool, and sounds like a Mario Christmas picture I once saw. Here's the new Trolls holiday long sleeve shirt I was talking about, plus the new long sleeve one I wore the other day on the right. Actually, I have a short sleeve version of the blue one too, and wore it to the Trolls World Tour theater showing in August.

Untitled

Cool, I didn't know about this one. That's cool, I think my dad had one at one point, I remember finding my parents bedroom an Atari and Coleco cartridge. I even seen the Coleco Vision, but it didn't work when my dad was trying to hook it up.

Now we really know what happened to James McCloud... he just joined the F-Zero Grand Prix. Yeah, I remember renting it back when it was new, I was surprised to find out Sega's Amusement Vision division helped with the game. Despite it being really hard, I still liked it. Nintendo really needs to do more with their sci-fi stuff, both F-Zero and Star Fox.

Hope you enjoy it, I notice on YouTube, most hate the live action Pinocchio judging by the clickbaity thumbnails I've seen (haven't watched any of them). I liked it, and other places I've been to have been "I liked it," and "I didn't like it." Enjoy Sleeping Beauty, little fun fact about the movie, the fairies from it appear as teachers at the school Sofia attends in Sofia the First. Cool, I use to have a Jiminy, until my dog destroyed his eyes. I did get a newer Jiminy when the DVD rereleased in 2009. I still have my childhood Pinocchio and one from when the DVD was new too.

@Kermit1 Wow, do you live any coastal areas? I remember when Sandy hit, those were the worst hit, while in-land was a few uprooted trees and no power (actually was in the safest part due to the shelter for coastal residents was down the street from where I live).

That's fine. Wow, your generator has a name.

It does get like that, I remember people in the local supermarket charging their phones.

@Anti-Matter I want to say mid to late summer usually. When Hurricane Sandy hit where I live, it was surprisingly late October. Hurricane season lasts from June to November IIRC.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Kermit1Pineapple

@Sunsy The sea is only a 20min walk away from me.

#TeamSlime

WoomyNNYes

Anti-Matter wrote:

Are the strong winds typhoon / hurricane oftenly happen in North American continent during the transition from summer to autumn season ?

The eastern US's hurricane season is august to end of october. The storms usually hit anywhere from Texas to New Jersey. I've never seen a hurricane miss mainland US, and go straight to Canada, Nova Scotia where Kermit1 and Kate Gray are. Usually hurricanes land in eastern US, then weakens to a tropical storm and may go onto Canada, then sometimes to the UK. So, it's rare a hurricane goes straight to canada.

Hurricanes that some to the US can be anywhere from Category 1 (weakest hurricane category 90mph winds?) to Catagory 4 (strongest 155-160mph winds?). A category 5 hit Burmuda a year or so ago, and that had sustained 190mph winds. Forgive my use of miles-per-hour wind speed.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--click for good bike video<3)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1Pineapple

@KateGray How bad did you get hit?

#TeamSlime

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Since Google also owns YouTube, they could very well be pulling some recommendations from my search history. I don't often get very fancy with my own cooking - I cook to feed myself, not as a hobby - but I do look up simpler recipes or how to make something a different way. I tend to bake or roast a lot of things in the microwave or oven. I also own an electric grill, but I dislike using it since it's such a pain to clean.

On Sandy: ...Yeah, it HAS been ten years. O.O I was in college at the time. I don't feel old at all! Glad that you were able to make do despite having no power. The longest I've been without power in recent memory was during a major snowstorm back in 2014; that knocked some of the lines out for a couple of days. Crews couldn't easily get to the problem area due to all the snow. I think it would be cool to see a tornado from a distance, but definitely not up close. I'm curious, not insane. XD

@MarioLover92 My hope/goal is to reach the end credits of XC3 sometime this coming weekend. It'll be a fairly busy one since my haunt stuff kicks off, but I won't have a lot going on during the day on the Saturday except some necessary cleaning that needs finished. As for Donkey Kong, I've played the entire DKC trilogy, Returns (3D), and Tropical Freeze from the main series, and bits of the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong 3. I'd like to try DK 64 at some point, but I've heard it's a collectathon...which I'm not overly fond of. Funny story about Shake It!, I actually found it brand new at an out-of-the-way Walmart a few years ago. The Wii U was still in at the time, right before the Switch burst on the scene. Definitely a lucky find!

@Kermit1 Glad that you're well and finally have power! Brownie points for the Bee Gees reference. I've seen some photos and footage of what happened. Pure devastation in many cases. It'll take some time for everything to slide into a new normal.

I remember visiting New Orleans on a group trip a few years after Hurricane Katrina. The areas we were in had been cleaned up well overall, but you could still see a few signs around the city from the devastation.

Currently playing: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Kermit1Pineapple

@Tyranexx Everybody where I live is being really kind, which is nice to see again.

I feel weird returning to the internet after 1 week lol.

I also have not been sleeping well then the power gets shut off and the house is very quiet. In short I've probably only had 3 hours of REM sleep this whole week.

#TeamSlime

Tyranexx

@Kermit1 Kindness is one of the best gifts we can offer to others. The best part? It's completely free. I'm sure it does feel weird to come back to the internet after a forced hiatus, but it should help the time pass by. I can relate on the not sleeping well front, but for different reasons. Quiet is a good thing, but TOO much quiet can definitely be bothersome. I habitually run a fan when I sleep to help with that. I live right by a busy road, so that helps drown out the early morning noise...sometimes.

Currently playing: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Kermit1Pineapple

@Tyranexx At least I had cats waking me up at 3AM and purring their heads off lol, as some kind of noise.

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

Spent the evening playing Yakuza 0 on PC, been awhile since I've played, and I laughed at what happened before I stopped playing for the night.

Look up 24 Hour Cinderella on YouTube, you can thank me later!

@Kermit1 Wow, that's really close my dude. It's like a two hour drive from where I live to the coast. So you got hit really bad by the storm I'm guessing.

Snatcher wrote:

@Kermit1 I’m, vary happy to have made you happy. Goes to show you, you never know how your presence effects someone, even online, that’s why you should always treat people how you want to be treated.

I very much agree with this! This is why I do my best to be treat others how I want to be treated.

@WoomyNNYes Always thought it was June to November for Hurricane season, guess there's a more specific months for Eastern.

@Tyranexx I cook for both, some days I'll cook to eat, other days I'll plan a dinner and cook a meal. That's cool, simple recipes can be fun. Last night mom and I had no deserts, so I made some crepes with a simple recipe and used some fruit we had.

Yeah, amazing how time passed by since then. I even remember the local TV stations set up an affiliate station to do an audio broadcast of the news broadcast. Wow, I can imagine winter is the worst for a power outage. Especially because heat is needed to keep warm. As much of a weather geek I am, I would never want to see a tornado. Kind of scared of them, even from a distance. Though I do like tracking weather.

Sunsy

Eel

Here in the west it’s usually more active in that transitory time between summer and fall. But summer as a whole is a bit of a wild card.

In my area it’s a bit of a blessing in disguise, because hurricanes and tropical storms are pretty much our only source of rain.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1Pineapple

@TheJGG for a second I thought you said Spirited Away lol

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic