Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,221 to 64,240 of 96,305

Sunsy

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Cool, that's good to hear. At the time I saw the few episodes, it was on a Disney Channel iPad app. Maybe I should check Disney+, since I have that now. Saw it long before Disney+ even existed. My mom and I got rid of cable, and mostly watched shows via Netflix, or channel apps when they had episodes "unlocked." Nowadays we have Hulu, Disney+, and Peacock.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

EllaTheQueen6

@Eagly Man, I love autocorrect. I used to have a friend with the name of Seef (Arabic word for sword, don't question why the Arabic guy is named sword) but autocorrect wouldmake his name "Seed". So a conversation would go like this "Hey, Seed, what're you doing?"

Edited on by EllaTheQueen6

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Anti-Matter

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko
Well, I was very lucky to able getting the Japanese games and video game machines.
I got them from local seller in my hometown and a few of them I got from Ebay / play-asia.
I'm a huge fan of Konami's Rhythm games on PS1 & PS2 such as Dance Dance Revolution, Para Para Paradise, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Drummania, Keyboardmania so you saw Para Para Paradise controller box, Keyboardmania controller and Pop'n Music controller from 3rd photo.

Anti-Matter

EllaTheQueen6

@Anti-Matter I see. I don't speak Japanese, but I'm learning, and I wanna play the Lucky Star games.

Fizza

Oh sweet jesus she's already gone.
Untitled
People really didn't Truss-t the process, did they?

As an Irishman myself, I find this absolutely hilarious. Some PM's who were ASSASINATED lasted longer than her, damn XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

EllaTheQueen6

@Fizza Oh my god, my mom was just watching the news and they kept talking about this. Also, nice pun.

blindsquirrel

So glad I didn’t buy a PS5 for Gotham knights. The game looks terrible. That is 500$ saved right there.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

EllaTheQueen6

@blindsquarel I wanna buy a Switch just to play "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Burst Forth! Chorogon!" (I'm a big fan of the Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid anime, so of course I wanna play the game) and I wanna buy a VR headset just to play Beatsaber anf the Teasing Master Takagi-san games. But I can't get a job, so I can't really do that.

EllaTheQueen6

Currently working on my science paper. We were tasked to pick an organism of our choice and compare a body system of it to the human equivelent of that system. I picked axolotl, and I'm comparing the respitory system. I'm making this paper really detailed so I look smart.

octokid

EllaTheKawaiiNeko wrote:

@Eagly Man, I love autocorrect. I used to have a friend with the name of Seef (Arabic word for sword, don't question why the Arabic guy is named sword) but autocorrect wouldmake his name "Seed". So a conversation would go like this "Hey, Seed, what're you doing?"

That generally reminds me of my old phone, it was my mom’s phone, and she would always be texting my grandma in Afrikaans. So if i was trying to type, random Afrikaans words i would never understand would pop up in that area with the predicted words…

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

blindsquirrel

@Eagly
That game doesn’t really look like it will be for me. But I do want to get a PS5 before the new Spider-Man game comes out. And Jedi Survivor, that one looks really good.

blindsquirrel

@Eagly
Yeah I’m not in much of a hurry. I play 90% of the time on Nintendo consoles, so it would only be for specific games.

Rambler

Fizza wrote:

Oh sweet jesus she's already gone.
Untitled
People really didn't Truss-t the process, did they?

As an Irishman myself, I find this absolutely hilarious. Some PM's who were ASSASINATED lasted longer than her, damn XD

There was no process to trust. She was elected by 80,000 party members from a population of 65m+, and enacted policy decisions that were not in the last Tory manifesto. In order to legitimise these decisions, there should've been a general election.

These decisions nearly destroyed the economy, have cost the taxpayer billions, have increased interest rates, and have devalued the pound. They then rowed back on pretty much all their actions, leaving the economy in a state of flux, resulting in resignations, sackings, and a destroyed reputation on the world stage.

She's been in power the shortest of any PM, and that includes when the country ground to a halt for the Queen.

Rambler

Fizza

@Rambler Mad how all of this happened in the span of less than 2 months isn't it? For how much I like to joke about it (being Irish and all), British citizens have had it rough these past few years with the government and I genuinely hope you guys can actually have a competent leader for once.

Edited on by Fizza

Rambler

@Fizza it's nuts, it really is. I hold no truck with the Tories, but this is an absolutely ridiculous situation, and has been since May took over. A decent Conservative party is needed to ensure that this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

I can imagine that it makes for excellent car-crash viewing from outside the UK though!!

Rambler

Fizza

@Rambler The popcorn is by my side at all times when the news is on.
Untitled

Okami1

@Rambler I wouldn't call a car crash nice, but yes whenever I look at the new (once every 3 months) I see quite the crash with Lambos and Ferraris everywhere.

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

I remember around last xmas I proclaimed Lizzy Truss would be the next Prime Minster but I was laughed at and then told she's too stupid for it. However it's because of how stupid (to the point her Dad a respected maths professor has had to disown her) was the reason she'd be the next Prime Minster. It's a poisoned chalice taking it over as anyone who does will most likely lose the next election so only the most insane would want as you'd only be in the job for a short while, anyone clever enough to do the job would wait til the next election and take over who has been sacked so they can blame their predecessor and Labour as always. Lizzy T was one of the few names stupid enough not to see that and would be popular with the Tory fanbase to get through.

Her policy were never gonna work, her rival Rishi even explained during the debates why they wouldn't, but she carried on as she had surround herself with the lobbyist group from Tufton Street who were pushing it and made millions by shorting the pound the day before the budget announcement. I'm disgusted that has not been reported on more. Rather annoyingly I've got £1k in cash sitting at home at the moment as I'm off on my holidays soon and my currency exchange shop which offers the best exchange rates only takes cash however as soon as I got the money out the GBP crashed so now I 'm waiting for the rates to be only bad rather than fudging terrible.

I'm surprised the fracking vote went through, the Tories knew she was gonna get sacked soon, it was against their manifesto and global warming is big talking point now so they could have voted against it without worrying about consequences. The idea of giving gas companies billions to be repaid by the tax payers was silly, the obvious choice would have been a windful tax, I'd rather they nationalise the energy companies or set up more renewable energy sources (both of which are cheaper by billions) but neither are very Tory options.

I would say it can't get much worse than Truss but Bojo has said he's gonna be in the running now. It's insanity if he came back!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic