Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,241 to 63,260 of 96,534

Snatcher

@Kermit1 I just love, love, love it when it all just, Mmm, goes down like that.

@StarPoint That feeling is why I love difficult games, it just feels so rewarding, a feeling no other game really gives me.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher Finishing the true final level in Super Mario 3D World for the first time was such an amazing feeling. That level really put my Mario platforming skills to the ultimate test, so I was real happy when I got to the top of that flagpole.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Yeah, it wasn't pleasant. It makes it hard to talk to other Sonic fans, which was why I joined the Sega forums too. Cool, I can have good conversations here. Same, I have a few people I talk games with IRL, but I come here to talk about it more. My friend and I often enjoy discussing gaming news without the discourse of the YouTube comments section-like behavior. Often times we'll link articles from here, or various gaming topics on YouTube and talk about it.

As for school, if I'm being honest, I'm happier now, than say when I was in high school. Thing is, I'm very much into cartoons, even ones that are meant for kids (my love for Trolls gives that away, and I started watching Harvey Girls Forever, which actually is a modern take on the Harvey Comics characters, Little Audrey, Little Dot, and Little Lotta). In high school, I was really into Jimmy Neutron, but had no one to talk to about the new episodes with. Also, back then I was short for my age, so I had a few Jimmy Neutron shirts I wore to school, which were hard to get, I wasn't into teenage fashion, I just wanted to wear characters I like. Thinking back, I enjoy life now, as oppose to then. I have someone to talk Trolls with and it's not as hard to get a shirt with a character I like on it (actually, wearing a Trolls shirt as I type this). Will admit, the best memory of high school, a lot of us did the wireless play thing with the DS, lol.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, that's why I said it, I didn't know the third movie was so hated. Though it is an early movie theater memory at least. Yeah, they just didn't like it when you talked Sonic and had anything good to say about the "bad" Sonic games, as I mentioned to @Tyranexx, I went there to talk Sonic originally. Thanks, I did enjoy playing it, I remember years ago I actually completed all 10 routes and got the true ending too. That was hard to do. I also liked how some elements were callbacks to Sonic Adventure 2, like Space Colony Ark.

@Snatcher Don't know if this counts, but I was playing Mortal Kombat 2 at midnight last night. Don't know what I did, but I triggered something to get into the Jade battle... I have no idea what I was doing and it happened, lol.

Also, I was playing Borderlands 2 earlier in the summer, I was at the first boss. My character was bleeding out, and I fired at the boss, killed that boss and my character came back before dying, and I was like "yeah!"

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Yo, I got two rare Gamecube games yesterday.
Bomberman Generation
Starfox Assault
Check my post on previous page to see the games I bought.
It was so unreal to able playing two rare Gamecube games that I have been waiting for with way cheaper price than on Ebay (but still expensive for used games).
So far, I was pretty satisfied with my Gamecube games purchase. Bomberman Generation was easy enough, running in 480i and 60 fps. Starfox Assault was way easier than Starfox Zero Wii in term of handling the airplane but a little bit awkward for walking mode as Fox McCloud as the C analog button was for selecting the weapons that for PS2 it is for rotating the camera angle.

I keep my eyes on another rare Gamecube games from the local seller in my hometown as he has Sonic Rider Gamecube and Megaman X Command, my next target.
Is Sonic Rider Gamecube more like racing games or traditional Sonic dash games ?
Everytime I want to like Sonic games, it's really hard for me as dealing with very high speed and flawless timing to dash in acrobatic movement was really makes me get panic attack unless if I have unlimited life like I heard it was the feature on Sonic Forces PS4 / Switch.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Very nice pick up with Star Fox Assault, IIRC, you can change the controls in the options for the on foot parts of the game. I remember setting the C-stick to look. It's been years since I've played it, you might want to try setting it to the dual stick option in the options menu. A quick search returned this result for the controls.

Sonic Riders is more or less racing on hoverboards (or extreme gear as it's called in game), basically, racing to get in first place. It's a unique racer because of the boards and the air system, but a bit hard at first. I recommend the sequel Sonic Riders Zero Gravity for an easier experience, I recommend using a GameCube controller with that one, Wii remote controls are a bit harder in it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Gotcha.
I played my Gamecube games with Wii machine so I can directly use Gamecube controller for playing certain Wii games.
I found other seller have Sonic Riders Zero Gravity Wii version.
I will keep my eyes on that game for my next purchase.

Btw, did you play Bomberman games on Gamecube and other Nintendo machines?
Bomberman during 2000's era on PS2 and Gamecube was the best era before the franchise bought by Konami and Konami ruined the Bomberman franchise with additional Konami games character from their rated M games (You know that I really pissed off to see the rated M characters in chibi looking, it just multiply my hatred toward them). And that was the reason I sold my Super Bomberman R Switch after I found those additional characters from their updates.
I don't think I will pick Super Bomberman R 2 for upcoming games. I bet Konami will keep those rated M characters inside the game.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Universal Studios tickets purchased.

Amazingly enough, not only were they a little bit cheaper… They’re actually valid for two days! So that’s gonna be a lot of theme park in one week!

That's one I’ve never ever been to. Can’t wait to see the studio tour and the jurassic world ride! And the harry potter area!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@Eel Slight shame you're not off to the one in Japan, you could've gone to see Mario and friends!

I'm incredibly envious of you though, hope you have a great time!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

@Fizza thanks! It seems Hollywood has a store with Mario merch from the Japanese park, so that’ll be nice. Apparently it’s also very easy to take a peek at the construction site, so I’ll absolutely try to find it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@Eel I loved the Harry Potter area when I went in 2019. I think my favorite thing was trying all the food from Harry Potter lol. I don't know if they still have it there since Disney now owns the Simpsons, but when I went they had a whole Simpsons section with a Moe's Tavern and everything.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kermit1doesmath

I have not been to a theme park (or amusement park) in years. Well at least I have this episode of PMfK.
(The theme song is still pretty good)

dysgraphia awareness human

Mioaionios

My favourite theme park has to be Efteling in The Netherlands.

It's absolutely gorgeous with tons of great attractions but not as busy as say Disneyland.
Great for kids with its fabulous Fairytale Forest and slower rides while thrill seekers will definitely enjoy the many rollercoasters, including my favourite Baron 1898.

Mioaionios

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Afraid I haven't. The only Bomberman game I played during the 2000's was Bomberman Online on Dreamcast, I remember it being fun, albeit I played offline since I didn't have SegaNet or a Dreamcast compatible ISP back then. Sorry, if I don't have an opinion on the GameCube Bomberman games.

Fizza

I had this video pop up in my recommended and was so shocked I had to show it here.

Seems harmless enough right? Well, if you open it in a new tab, you'll probably notice what shocked me.
THIS THING HAS MORE VIEWS THAN SOME COUNTRY'S ENTIRE POPULATION. WHAT.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza I'd say bot views are involved, but it seems legit. It's a good thing I'm in my inspector outfit.

edit wait 149,488,891 views!!!! ok that's a lot even for a video of this type

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Mioaionios

Anyone else following Kurzgesagt on YouTube?
They make videos about science and anything that concerns humanity. From topics such as our possible future (or not) and space travel to mental health and viruses,... all well researched with the help of real scientists, psychologists, doctors,...

Their latest video is all about friendships and why so many of us have trouble with it.
Worth a watch.

Mioaionios

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Well, Bomberman on Gamecube only have 2 games.
Bomberman Generation was exclusive to Gamecube and the price on Ebay was really inflated, mostly you find PAL version with some Japanese version. USA version was extremely rare to find from Ebay and I was so lucky to get Bomberman Generation USA version with cheaper price directly from my hometown.

The other one was Bomberman Jetters with similar gameplay as Generation and it has PS2 version as well but the PS2 version lack of cell shaded lines. The USA and PAL version were really inflated on Ebay but the Japanese version especially PS2 version was cheaper.

Btw, if you want to try some Bomberman games, get PS2 machine Japan version as it has the most Bomberman games on PS2 but most of them are never got English version.
My recommendations:
Bomberman Battles (Classic + Golf + Tennis + Baseball)
Bomberman Land 3 (Free roaming in Fun Park + Party games + Bomberman Kart DX part but it was really difficult to play)
Bomberman Jetters (Similar gameplay as Bomberman Generation)

Don't pick Bomberman Kart and DX version as the games are really hard in drifting and you will oftenly see Failed on the screen.

Better you expand your gaming experience from games like these and never before played games as I found you only know about Sonic games, Disney games, Mario games, Troll, My Little Pony, etc so I have difficulty to discuss about some specific games.
I have challenged myself from the games I don't even have much interest with them such as Rango PS3, Ben 10 games on PS3, Disney Universe PS3, Rabbids games on Wii, Kirby Star Allies Switch, etc and I got some new experience from playing those games even though some of them I admitted not really good games but still playable.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic