Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,241 to 63,260 of 64,298

Maxenmus

Untitled
I wasn't aware that you could capture your 3DS on your TV using a capture card. That doesn't look like 4K though, which I'm guessing would make the resolution incredibly pixelated.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Maxenmus

@Eel
Nah, that's not my 3DS in the photo (much as I want it to be); it's from the 3DS subreddit posted by another user. My 3DS XL is indeed modded, but not in a way that it could record 3DS footage either. lol

But yeah, I'd imagine the recording equipment would be expensive. I guess I might be able to afford it, considering I've already bought a N3DS XL from eBay, but I don't really do much recording to ever use it.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Tasuki

@Link-Hero America Funniest Home Videos, the original Jackass lol.

My parents never allowed my brother or I to watch it fearing that we would copy the stunts. I only got to watch it if I was at a friend's house or I snuck it.

I hope this isn't too controversial to talk about for the Mods here.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Link-Hero

@Tasuki
Really? I never heard any parents banning AFHV in fear of their kids copying it of all shows besides religious ones. Mimicking the stunts didn't even cross my mind as a kid, and I assume it was the same in any competent family.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Maxenmus

@Link-Hero
Yeah, same, and I'm from an Asian family too, and you know how strict those usually are. lol I think I remember them just leaving the modern AFV on (with Tom Bergeron because I was too young to have seen the Bob Saget one) and just go about their chores.

Maxenmus

Kermit1

Stunt shows never really appealed to me as a kid. I just wanted to watch TeleToon Retro 24/7, I grew up with He-Man and Bugs Bunny reruns and Jim Henson films. Deep down I'm an 80s kid even though I was born in the early 00s, I remember watching VHS tapes and the few classic Disney films we had.

I saw Muppets Take Manhattan (the best one) in theatres as a Saturday classics thing my theatre did. I also saw The Dark Crystal that way too. (though they were not my first time seeing them)

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

Deep down I'm an 80s kid even though I was born in the early 00s,

I was the same but with 80s movies (born in 1990). lol

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

WoomyNNYes

@Maxenmus Yeah, 3ds can't output video unless you mod it. The video-out hardware/plug has to be added. Soldering is required, and also cutting a hole in the case to add a new plug (If I remember correctly).

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker

Sunsy

Speaking of nostalgia and things past, I unearthed relics last night when I was looking for something.

Untitled

On a similar subject, thinking about days past and being someone who love cartoons and animation, call it an unpopular opinion, but I think the past few years have been the best to be a fan of cartoons and animation.

Thinking back to my teen years, I remember it kind of sucked being a cartoon fan. Most character shirts were in mostly little kids sizes (as a teen, I could care less about the fashion trends, just wanted to wear characters I like), I had no one to talk to about the latest episode of Jimmy Neutron, and it was easy to get bullied for liking something that was pretty much made for kids.

Nowadays, I have no problem getting character shirts (actually wearing a Trolls one as I type this), I have friends to talk to about shows and movies with, and it's been years since getting made fun of for liking cartoons and animation.

The classic cartoons from the 80's, 90's and 2000's are great, and I do like watching them. In terms of being a fan, I think now is the best time based on personal experience. Just some thoughts I had on my mind.

@MarioLover92 Many would join out of fear, lol.

Yeah, the movie showing is around 9 AM, which means I have to get up extra early that day to eat breakfast and prepare myself. Thanks, I definitely will. Funnily enough I haven't watched Trolls World Tour since the last theater showing earlier this summer, just so the movie is fresh when I go to see it.

Sunsy

Kermit1

@Sunsy Those bring back memories. I never had a Wii when those were on shelves but I remember them on the Wal-mart gift card rack right next to the gum (I really liked gum when I was younger, strawberry kiwi was my favourite I can't believe I remember that).

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Yeah, I think I bought this one in 2013. I think used it on Sonic 1 and Mega Man 2 on Wii. The other two are still the same cards in circulation now. Just that's the old art they used, and it lacked a Switch logo.

Cool, I think I found this Wii points card in Target. Bought it right before leaving the store that day. The other two, I can't remember, I think the eShop card with the systems on it was from GameStop and I used it on my 3DS. I think Kirby Pinball Land was the game I bought.

Edit: A lot of "I thinks" because it's been awhile since I've bought these.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Kermit1

@Sunsy 2013 was a long time ago as weird as that sounds. I feel old now and I'm not even 21

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

Speaking of nostalgia, remember Friends?

Friends was an interesting part of my life because I was too young to like it as a kid born in 1990. The later seasons would always have reruns on our local English channel, but the jokes mostly flew over my adolescent mind. Fast forward to 2009-2010, perhaps. I can't remember the specific year, but I remember that Friends was probably the first adult live action show I bothered to watch the full series of. It's strange for me to do that because I used to have zero interest in adult live action TV, preferring to tune into Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and as I got older, anime.

But I guess Friends caught my curiosity because, like I said, it was always on at our local network, and I checked it out due to some deep-seated nostalgia even though I've never even seen any episode in its entirety. But man, once I started watching, I just chugged all ten seasons through. Chandler was obviously the big draw that kept me watching 'coz Matthew Perry was freaking hilarious and charismatic. He literally kept the show alive IMO. And despite the many obvious flaws and dated stereotypes we could now see with greater clarity, I felt like I enjoyed myself quite a lot for those 10 seasons. Then again, be aware that 1) I might have seen this in my early 20s, when my taste in movies/TV shows wasn't that sophisticated yet, and 2) I've only seen this show once. No rewatch, so I might've not minded some of those stereotypes the first time round (though the "Homo erectus" joke did put me off the most among all the homophobic jokes on the show).

Anyway, it's also my only sitcom ever. I generally don't enjoy American comedies, especially when I got older, which is why Big Bang Theory wasn't even anywhere on my radar. Liar Liar still remains as one of my favorite comedies of all time though because of Jim Carrey's slapstick.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Eel

I grew up watching The Nanny, The Fresh Prince, and Kennan & Kel.

We never really watched Friends.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1

@Maxenmus I like Seinfeld more. Friends is overrated in my opinion.

Family Matters is king

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

@Kermit1
I never watched Seinfeld (till recently). Jerry Seinfeld's also kinda an egoistical jerk in real life... as are most celebrities.

Also, I'm pretty sure Seinfeld is so old they never even bothered to show it in my time on our local network in Singapore.

Also, I'm pretty sure more people called Friends overrated than the amount of people who actually defended or liked the show, so maybe it's not that overrated after all. lmao Even I wasn't defending the show, but merely saying it's part of my past.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Eel wrote:

I grew up watching The Nanny, The Fresh Prince, and Kennan & Kel.

Never saw the first two, but I saw some of Kenan & Kel. It was okay. I remember arguing with this ex-bestfriend of mine a lot though because he was #Team Nickelodeon and I was #Team Disney Channel, and he would constantly harass me over how Nick shows were so superior that I didn't bother to watch Nick shows for quite a while.

I mean, technically, he was correct, as Nick shows were more mature in tone, but he was being pretty obnoxious about it. Ironically, he thought Pokémon was the better show. lmfao He who called Nick shows more mature, therefore the better shows or whatever, thought Digimon was a lesser show even though it was clearly more mature in tone as well compared to Pokémon. What a hypocrite. I think he hated anime too, while ironically loving the heck out of Avatar: The Last Airbender which was inspired by anime style. And newsflash: guess what else was anime? Pokémon. lol

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Kermit1

@Maxenmus I will watch the show. Then give you my answer because I've only seen one episode and that's not a good way to judge a show. Once I'm done with The Office (season 4 is great)

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

I will watch the show. Then give you my answer because I've only seen one episode and that's not a good way to judge a show.

If you're referring to Seinfeld, don't do me any favors. lol I'm not really all that passionate about the show or knowing if it's good or not. It's just one of those popular shows that I bothered to watch to see what all the fuss is about.

Also, The UK ORIGINAL Office > US Office any day. Then again, I enjoy British dry wit humor more than American humor, so that might have played some part in why I didn't find Steve Carell funny. In the order of funniest American comedians, Steve isn't in my top 10.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic