Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,141 to 63,160 of 96,298

MarioVillager92

@Eel You're going to Disneyland this October?! I'm jealous! With that said though, have fun!

@Sunsy A Sonic themed Splatfest would be cool to see. That's cool you got those two characters. I didn't have too much exposure to TMNT, besides the 2003 series and the first arcade game that my local arcade had.

@Tyranexx I think most others weren't too big into anime at my school, just a couple of my friends were into it. One of those friends mentioned Trigun, which I actually didn't see until many years later when it was on Hulu. It's been a long time since I've seen Simpsons, and I don't recall seeing any of the newer episodes. Ah man, I remember South Park's internet episode. I'm gonna shorten it, and a good chunk of it was...unpleasant.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

@MarioLover92 thanks! it’s gonna be interesting seeing the Halloween overlay! And perhaps I’ll see a few villains roaming around, so I’ll definitely need a new autograph book.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Okami1

@Eel have fun when you go! Say hi to my boss for me.

dysgraphia awareness human

MarioVillager92

@Eel Yeah you're welcome! When you come across Mickey and Minnie, be sure to tell them I say hi. I would like to see their autographs too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Okami1

Kermit1 wrote:

Untitled

and I said I never cry at stuff... I'm tearing up now just thinking of it again lol.

Okami1

@NeonPizza I don't watch him, he's a little too popular. I'd say more but I don't wanna get my post removed. (my George RR Martin rant is a good example, thank you again mods for removing that I was legit not in a good state of mind when I wrote it)

I agree with what you said completely.

Okami1

@Zuljaras I loved it. It was my first time watching it and I will watch it again. That part where Michael Scott showed up, at the wedding 😭... I felt like I grew with the cast, 10/10 I loved it.

Okami1

@Rambler In the US, very. I don't care for him though. He pretty much has an army of people who will listen to him.

and he has the 1# podcast in the world

Edited on by Okami1

Zuljaras

@Kermit1 His removal for Season 8 and9 was devastating. Good thing that Dwight was there to save it all. All other stories were just dull as hell!

For me the BEST scene was when Dwight made the fire "drill" and everyone panicked! I am laughing every time I think about it!

Okami1

@Zuljaras That was a hilarious scene! (wrong gif oops lol)
Untitled

I enjoyed seasons 8-9, they were good for what they were and ya Dwight did save them. I'd say season 6 was my favourite season out of all of them. I've seen a lot of fans of the show really want a reunion of some kind, and I'd be fine without one (I mean, if I cried during the finale just imagine the second finale)

Edited on by Okami1

Rambler

@NeonPizza, @Kermit1 well he seems like a joyful type who helps promote and deepen human understanding.

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Okami1

@NeonPizza yep. I did VR once in a week long day camp I went too. I played a space game where you climbed a space station, then Superhot VR (it was very fun, but i'd never play it again) then I got kicked off the machine for no reason while all the other ("kids", I was the oldest at 13) played and they didn't even put someone else on that headset. So I had to wait for my Dad to pick me up, it was kinda odd (I followed all the rules).

I didn't mean to turn that into me venting, but that is the only time I've ever done VR.

Grumblevolcano

Is it being ignored or blocked where you see a username as the last comment of a thread but when you enter the thread there's no comment by that user?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

@Kermit1 No sweat on the one post; it would probably only make me headdesk anyway lol. As for that Reddit thread, I didn't read too far down but there does seem to be some sanity in the comments at least. The two universes are very different; Chronicles of Narnia is, for the most part, a high fantasy setting, whereas Harry Potter is very much low fantasy.

As an aside, here's how I'd rank the Narnia bunch (Keep in mind it's been awhile since I've read these, so the list is subject to change). All range from fairly decent to excellent.
1. Prince Caspian
2. Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Side note: The book is MUCH better than the movie)
3. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
4. The Horse and His Boy
5. The Last Battle
6. The Magician's Nephew
7. The Silver Chair (This and TMN are very close)

@Eel [Insert squeeing] You're going to Disneyland?! Have fun! I've been to both US parks, but it's been a decade at this point for Disney World and Land was back when I was 14. That was a fun SoCal vacation...other than the second degree sunburn. I'd love to see the Halloween overlay, especially in attractions like The Haunted Mansion. /Continues geeking out

@MarioLover92 The schools I went to growing up were small (pseudo-private elementary school, small rural public high school), and I was even "luckier" to be in the smallest grade level at the time. They weren't really big enough to hold a lot of your smaller cliques, just the larger stereotypical ones. Not that I couldn't relate to people, but "gamer girls" were almost unheard of, especially on the Nintendo front since it was too "kiddy". I was also considered a nerd and bookworm since I typically earned high grades and frequented the library. While I loved books (still do), it was more because it was usually a quieter area lol. It's been awhile since I've seen The Simpsons too, though I do find the occasional nostalgic clip on YT lol. As for that South Park episode....Maybe I just tuned in on the wrong one, IDK. But the few vignettes I've seen of the show since haven't convinced me either.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic