Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,101 to 63,120 of 96,566

Rambler

Kermit1 wrote:

@Tyranexx Yes.

Star Wars
Chronicles of Narnia
Star Trek

Narnia??? What are the internet Narnia fans like?

Rambler

kidkytes

I used to be a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, it did consume a lot of my interactions online back in the tumblr days. Leading up to KH3's release I did have quite a few negative experiences with the fandom since I was openly saying that you can start the series with KH3 if you want, or start with any game in the series really. Best was to play it would be in release order of course but just go with what one looked the most interesting. I got a lot of flak for that, a lot of entitlement with the community especially saying that they then can't complain about anything which isn't how criticism works lol. Anyway after finishing KH3, once the DLC trailer came out that I felt nothing watching it I realised that I had closure which I'm happy with. So I don't play it or really interact with the series anymore, which helps because the fandom is intense and just gives me bad vibes whenever I think back on it or see stuff.

I'm a huge Sonic fan and yes the Sonic fandom is...yeah lol. The Frontiers discourse going on right now, I've got it muted on everything.

kidkytes

DannyBoi

Won my first game of fall guys! Such a great feeling! Took 2 months.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Yeah, it's a shame too since the cartoon itself was good. I have the DVDs of it, I couldn't watch Nickelodeon at the time because cable, so I decided to get the DVDs as they came out just to watch Miraculous.

@MarioLover92 Indeed. Also there was paper which was yellow. So maybe Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as another splatfest. I forgot about the TMNT splatfest for Splatoon 2, funnily enough I'm reminded I have Raphael on the F2P fighting game Brawlhalla. I bought Raphael and Po from Kung Fu Panda because of the collabs they had.

@Anti-Matter @Kermit1 I have the DVD of this movie.

@kidkytes I can't speak for the Kingdom Hearts fandom, my experience with Sonic fans, they kind of got annoyed at me for enjoying Sonic games that are widely known as "bad." I'm sorry, if I play a game and don't feel it's "bad" like everyone else, I'm not going to feel that way. There's lots of reasons to enjoy a game. People hated the GBA port of Sonic 1 because of how poor the port is, me on the other hand, I still liked it despite its problems. Back in 2007, it was a way to play classic Sonic on the go. We did get better ports since, still people got mad at me for not siding with the popular opinion.

This was back when Sega use to have forums on their website too. BTW, I'm actually excited for Frontiers. I still want Origins, but haven't rushed to buy it because I can play the classics in other ways, and I have the first three Sonic games and CD on Steam. I am excited for it still because the mobile ports added to the first two games, hoping those additions are there too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler not really. They just make theories out of thin air, that have nothing to do with the books. Mainly trying to connect Lord of the Rings to Narnia.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

BruceCM

That'd be quite a stretch, @Kermit1 .... Sounds like you'd be better off avoiding most of that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Rambler

@Kermit1
Tolkien and "Not another ***** elf" Lewis were members of the Inklings, a literary group devoted to fantasy writing, and were both Christians, so in that sense there will be cross-over. As for the two worlds being one, that's taking Barthes the wrong way.

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler I knew that, it's just when I saw the theories and (some other quite odd ideas) it kinda ruined my love for the books.

jedgamesguy

I'm slowly coming to terms with the possibility I may be a little too addicted to video game music.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG Buddy, I came to terms with it a wile ago. Let it take over you too!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

@Snatcher @TheJGG Give me a top 10 video game music list. I've only really listened to Mario Galaxy and Mario music (with a side of Qumu remixes).

edit; add animal crossing music to what i listen too

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic