Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,021 to 63,040 of 96,456

Rambler

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Rambler Thanks!

Have you seen there's actually an eye drop for farsightedness? The side effect of an existing eye drop shrinks your pupil a bit, and as a result, it improves the clarity of close up vision. It has a downside ,though, for night vision, I think. But it's crazy. Eye drops!!?!??

That just sounds really strange and scary. Although it does remind me of Requiem for a Dream for some reason

Rambler

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

@Maxenmus How are you doing? I've not seen any of your posts in a good minute.

Yeah, not gonna lie, but I've been trying to stay away from NL forums ever since that drama a few days ago. I'm just tired of it since it doesn't feel fun to interact with people around here anymore. My posts kept offending people and starting arguments, so I've been keeping to myself. I've even unsubscribed to all YouTube channels that people have recommended me here because they remind me of this forum. I'm trying to put this forum behind me if anything.

Maybe it's the right move, since I was never the biggest Nintendo fan anyway, giving me another reason why I don't belong here. Plus, I'm just never really good at interacting with people online, or offline even. Because of my social anxiety, my therapist kept recommending me to practise interacting with people to get over said anxiety and be more comfortable around people... but it's just exhausting, day in and day out arguing with people. I'm getting old, and I don't need such chaos in my life. I just want to live my life in peace, doing things I love. It doesn't help that a lot of the things I love just aren't that popular to begin with, and they're not interests most people care about, so I mostly kept to myself in the past.

I do like the "Game Collection" feature of NL though as it helps me keep what Nintendo games I have catalogued, so I might be using that for a while, maybe updating my ratings for them when I finish those games, but I don't really see much point in updating it for the long term since I feel like most people don't really care to see what my game library is like.

I just started playing Devil Survivor: Overclocked on my New 3DS, so I'm just trying to focus my attention on that nowadays and keeping to myself. I don't know. Maybe if the new Chaos;Head: Double Pack arrives, and maybe if it becomes a topic of discussion around here (I doubt that, since visual novels aren't exactly discussed that often around here to begin with), maybe I'll pitch in some of my thoughts. We'll see. I don't even know if I have the time to spare for Chaos;Head: Noah anyway since I still have a bunch of SMT legacy titles I need to get through like SMT: IV Apocalypse and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, not to mention all the new game plus. I haven't even touched my copy of Soul Hackers 2 yet. It would be a long time before I play anything that would be discussed about among NL forums, like the new Persona 5: Royal port.

Anyway, always good to see you, Kermit. Thanks for asking about me.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus Nice to hear from you. I took notice that you've been posting less and was wondering if you were okay. I wish you only the best, and that drama kinda drained me too.

I need to beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3 soon, I'm still on Chapter 3 lol. I'm going to put all my time into Pokemon Scarlet & Violet when they come out (I'm getting both for the first time) so I need to beat something before those.

Also I got a question, what are some good T rated visual novels. I've become very interested in them recently.

Always joy to talk to you, Maxenmus.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

Also I got a question, what are some good T rated visual novels. I've become very interested in them recently.

Well, actually, there are a lot of "all ages visual novels" out there that were redesigned with new CG art just to cater to a wider range of demographics. Clannad, Planetarian, Little Busters, and most of the Key visual novels are suitable for all ages, not to mention being suitable for newcomers to visual novels to get an idea what they're like. There's also the popular Island that we talked about in the visual novels thread. There's ATRI, 9 -Nine-, and now that I've looked it up, even Higurashi When They Cry is labelled as "All Ages" as well, despite being a psychological horror game, so definitely grab that masterpiece unless you're not into horror. The FLOWERS series is also popular for being heartwarming romantic tales that are suitable for all ages. I haven't tried them, but they're pretty popular among visual novel fans.

A lot of people assume most visual novels are suitable for adults only and full of nsfw scenes, but that's not even remotely true at all. Most of the mature content for these VNs come from their psychological elements than anything. Steins;Gate is the exception though since it's rated "17+."

Happy hunting! Welcome to the VN community.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Tyranexx

@Kermit1 It is like a giant amusement park in a lot of ways lol. It's mainly for adults, but there are some activities for kids too; I was amazed at how many families I saw there with young kids. It personally isn't a place where I'd take them lol.

@Mioaionios Haha, fair enough. I'd recommend coming back at some point and experiencing a different part of the country if you can manage it, but you do you. I would like to get to parts of Europe at some point too. Particularly Germany since a lot of the ancestry I can trace originated there.

@Anti-Matter I admit I'm not very interested in the Moving Out games - though I know they're decent - but I am curious about Park Beyond. I do like some shorter games outside of JRPGs and open world action/adventure games. I just gotta be picky about which ones I do pick up. As for the Transformers games, I was into the cartoons and toys back in the day but haven't played any video games to my knowledge.

@TheJGG Oh yeah, parts of Vegas are quite tacky lol. It's gambling central. There are some cool sights and experiences for sure, but by far my favorite thing was touring Hoover Dam, a nearby historic town tied to the dam's history, and Lake Mead. All a decent distance from the strip. The main reason I'd go back is to access more natural areas in the region; unlike the rest of my family, I haven't been to the Grand Canyon, which is also not too far from Vegas.

@MarioLover92 Some of those shows moving to Cartoon Network was why I fell out of watching some of them, particularly Pokemon; I didn't have regular access to cable or satellite TV for many years. I used to have Yu-Gi-Oh cards but recently sold them; I wasn't using them and would rather have others enjoy them. We did get satellite TV when I was in high school, but nothing from Cartoon Network besides what ended up on Boomerang (Still a decent place for classic cartoons) due to the package we had. Plenty of Nickelodeon though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Kermit1 Oh yeah, I saw that ferris wheel from a distance. Same with a couple of the famous roller coasters around there. Unfortunately, we didn't ride any of them. Mainly because they would've cost money. We prefer the all-inclusive theme park approach.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
Lol, did you change your profile picture into mine?
Ok, that's funny. But please change it back, you're only confusing me more. 😅

Mioaionios

Mioaionios

I don't know who I am anymore.

This is going to make no sense whatsoever once our beloved frog changes their avatar again, lol.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Used to be I was so picky in choosing kids games back before year 2020.
But after I got PS3 in year 2020 and dared myself to pick never have interest before games like Skylanders, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Ben 10, Disney PS3 games, etc I became more open with kind of games like that. It was like stepping out a little bit from my comfort zone but still keep my gaming rules on and I got some new experiences from playing those games. Sometimes there was an uneasy feeling when trying for the first time the games that I have never interested before but after I keep playing the games, they were actually not as bad as I thought.

Recently I was curious with Transformers games on PS3 and I will dare myself to play those games to stepping out again from my comfort zone as the games looks playable and safe enough for me to deal with action 3rd person shooter games for teenager as I got the experiences from Ratchet & Clank games and Chicken Little Ace in Action Wii. Also, I have finished two Transformers games I have (Transformers Prime Wii U, Transformers Battlegrounds PS4) so I think I can adapt with the gameplay from other Transformers games on PS3.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

I wanted to pop in here to bring attention to something I just found out about earlier today: the ads that Pokemon GO have made to promote the introduction of Ultra Beasts.

They're framed like found footage shorts across the world and they're extremely well made whilst also being surprisingly creepy (the Xurkitree one especially, that man is DEAD).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

Anyone who's played all of the Xenoblade games can enjoy this video essay I made. I had a lot of fun making this one.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic