Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,001 to 63,020 of 96,310

Okami1

@Mioaionios the heat won't kill you, the humidity will.

In times like these I'm glad to live near the sea. (the sea breeze is lovely)

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

@Kermit1 Wouldn't mind being you right about now, the closest one to where I live is about 20 minutes away minimum :/

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
To be honest, I don't think I'll ever visit the States again.
I went to Las Vegas once and it could just as well have been another planet.

There was some fun to be had for sure, saw a lot of live shows, but the extravagance of it all didn't sit well with me. Which is something I experienced in Atlanta as well where I needed to switch planes. I don't know... everything felt so extreme, alienating even.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Okami1

@Mioaionios Las Vegas, (I've never been) is not the best first place to go in the US, I'd pick Texas before Vegas on my list.

That reminds me. I need to see the world one of these days, I've been stuck on an island for my whole life. In other words I want to go to England lol.

Okami1

@Fizza 3,764 km is the distance from Cape Breton Island to Ireland. Hello Neighbour!!!
Untitled

Eel

I’ve been to Vegas. It’s fun, a bit of a visual overload, but it’s almost like a theme park. The interesting part is a single strip of buildings, surrounded by generic city.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Kermit1 Yep, MRIs can be loud and unsettling. I went through one several years ago to help diagnose some knee issues.

@Anti-Matter Gotcha, so Park Beyond is like a theme park simulator. I DO enjoy those, so I might look into it a little as well. Though I generally try to stay away from those types of games these days; they can be quite the time sink.

As for Moving Out, it's not a game I've played but one I know a lot of people like. I'm sure the sequel will be just as good, if not better going by the developer's track record.

@TheJGG Can't speak for the other FFs, but VI is accurate.

@Mioaionios To be fair, Las Vegas IS almost another world compared to a lot of the US. I just went for the first time a few months ago during a long holiday weekend. Interesting place, one I'd go back to eventually, but it is very much its own animal.

Keep in mind that the US is quite large and varied. Geographically, culturally, traditionally, linguistically....There's a lot to experience. Both in and out of cities. The trappings of places like New York City, Las Vegas, and Chicago are very different when compared to smaller cities and countrysides in The Great Plains, Midwest, wooded Northeast, etc. Heck, I live here, and there are some parts of the country I haven't been to yet....Not to mention I'd also like to visit more of the world someday.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Okami1

@Tyranexx Las Vegas is like one giant amusement park as a city, but everything is for people 21+.

Anti-Matter

Something really funny and ironic about me during 2016 until 2022. (Nintendo vs PlayStation)

2016 : Really negative about PS4 for lack of kids games, really defend my Wii U

2017 : Eat my words about PS4 negativity and started to try PS4 games by rent, the last time I built my Wii U games until 7 games

2018 : Really hype with my Switch, started to play PS4 games at home with half hearted feeling, my Wii U was getting hiatus.

2019 : Still hype with my Switch, started to sell my PS4 games due to fanboysm again about PS4 issues, suddenly I rebuild again my PS4 games library after I felt broken heart with no The Sims 4 for Switch, starting to love my PS4 again. Wii U was still hiatus.

2020 : Got PS3 machine and start to build my PS3 games quickly as my redeem after I failed to own PS3 machine in year 2014, my hype for Switch switched to ACNH, getting hype with PS3 & PS4 again. Wii U have awaken from its hiatus by 1 new Wii U game.

2021 : Really hype with my PS3, Wii hype take over my PS4 hype for a while before I got my hype with PS4 again after October 2021, started to lost my hype with Switch, Wii U got more attention by some new games purchase.

2022 : Really hype with my PS4, lost hype with Switch and Wii U, still have some hype with PS3, started to like PS5 games.

It was ironic to see myself as Nintendo fanboy during year 2016 until 2019 then after I got my PS3 and rebuild my PS4 games, my hype was switching from defending my Switch and Wii U now I like my PS3 and PS4 games more than Switch and Wii U games. But I become more welcome with both Nintendo and PlayStation games, thanks to more kids games on PS4 and PS5 during year 2020 and 2021.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Mioaionios

@Kermit1 @Eel @Tyranexx
Yeah, I know it's not fair of me to compare the entirety of the US to Las Vegas but the experience left such a bad aftertaste in my mouth that I don't see myself ever returning to the States.

Also, there's so much of Europe I still need to discover. Why go all across the world when neighboring countries have so much to offer, right?

Mioaionios

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Eh...
It seems you don't have much interest with Park Beyond and Moving Out games. 🙁
I guess JRPG games stole your attention more than short games like Overcooked / Moving Out or time sinker like Tycoon games / Story of Seasons games.

Btw, I was curious with some Transformers games on PS3 since yesterday despite I don't have any interest with realistic style Transformers series (prefer the cartoonish anime style like Robots in Disguise, Animated Series, Battlegrounds).
I saw the gameplay of Transformers PS3 games was heavily on 3rd person shooter style games, pretty much similar as Ratchet Deadlocked PS2. I think I can work it out for the games I have never played before. Have you ever played any Transformers games ?

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Mioaionios wrote:

@Kermit1 @Eel @Tyranexx
Yeah, I know it's not fair of me to compare the entirety of the US to Las Vegas but the experience left such a bad aftertaste in my mouth that I don't see myself ever returning to the States.

Also, there's so much of Europe I still need to discover. Why go all across the world when neighboring countries have so much to offer, right?

I haven’t been to Vegas but I’ve heard from my parents that it’s tacky as hell. We talked about it when the F1 Las Vegas race was announced and everyone wasn’t enthusiastic at all. But you’re right, comparing the US to Las Vegas isn’t fair. We’ve only been a few times, but NYC was definitely the best part because of all the shopping (expensive though) and sights. It’s biased for sure but Vegas isn’t for me. I’d love to do some kind of hiking though, the US is really good with hiking trails and such.

But think big. Think the world. I just came back from two months in Asia and now I feel like I could live there. Asia’s cool man. Same with Africa, there’s some decent (read: once in lifetime) experiences to be had.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah OK, that's good at least. Thanks! From what I played of Phantom Hourglass, I do like it for the most part. I finished the first dungeon as of this post. Oh I forgot about Puyo Puyo Tetris, I have that too! Though, I just have the first one. Is the sequel any good?

Oh and I saw your character on Splatoon 3, I think you were on Scissors? I was on Rock. I wonder which side will win!

@Tyranexx That's cool. I did get into Pokemon and Digimon for a decent while when I was younger (plus various Cartoon Network shows in the early 2000s), and even played the Yu-Gi-Oh card game a few times. I did get into Mega Man on my own as well. Not just the Battle Network series, but platformers like the classic, X, and Zero series too. I'm pretty sure the Pokemon anime came out first, and oddly enough, I think the anime aired before Red and Blue came out here in the US.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I have a plan to get Gamecube games for my next purchase from my local online shopping website.
Wish me luck so I can get the rare Gamecube games that I have been waiting for.
I will update the situation when I successfully secure my Gamecube games purchase.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

While checking on my order, I noticed Halloween stuff is already available (quite early?). After I saw the price of $355 (USD) for this 12 ft (4m) skeleton reaper, does the quality of this moving reaper fit the $355 price tag? 🤣 I thought it looked suprisingly crappy. Hit play on the video on the sales page to see.
https://www.menards.com/main/holiday-decorations/halloween/ha...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Okami1

@Maxenmus How are you doing? I've not seen any of your posts in a good minute.

Rambler

Mioaionios wrote:

@Kermit1
To be honest, I don't think I'll ever visit the States again.
I went to Las Vegas once and it could just as well have been another planet.

There was some fun to be had for sure, saw a lot of live shows, but the extravagance of it all didn't sit well with me. Which is something I experienced in Atlanta as well where I needed to switch planes. I don't know... everything felt so extreme, alienating even.

For going somewhere in the states thats like another planet, I recommend Moab, with the Canyonlands National Park.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic