Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 62,981 to 63,000 of 69,173

Maxenmus

I've deleted my Reddit account. lol Probably for the best, as I had more bad memories there than good ones.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Anti-Matter

The weather in my place is so weird today.
It's very unusual get raining during this month as supposed to be Dry season. 🌧
Also, I tend to get sleepy this weekend once I took a break from playing Youtubers Life 2 PS4. 😴
Maybe the games with proper agenda to finish prevented me from get sleepy.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing: Bug Fables

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

If I'm slow to reply thank the 502 errors

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

I still flip flop when it comes to social media myself. Don't have Tinder, Instagram, Facebook, nor do i use my cell phone for anything other than calls or the odd text. I stripped that bad boy down to nothing, I won't use the internet on it either or mess with the Apps...

That sounds similar to my experience with my phone except I still use the Internet on it (but very occasionally for convenience's sake) and play Uno Online with it.

I never had that obsession with Tinder and Instagram either, chasing that fame with some edited photos. I guess you could call it more of a sour grapes situation, but even if I'm some famous Instagram influencer or something, that kind of celebrity life just sounds exhausting. I've been on Twitch for a little while several months ago, and what little time I spent to build my channel triggered my anxiety so much that I ended up back in therapy.

And Facebook, heh, can't remember that last time I used that sucker. Probably because I don't have any IRL friends outside of the Internet. RIP.

NeonPizza wrote:

And then there's YouTube, which I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with. when it comes to commenting, conversations are generally one off, and the people including myself that spark up a short lived convo are generally forgotton, in the midst of like, thousands & thousands of posters who you'll never talk to again in another video by the same YouTuber. Smaller Channels are better for obviously because of the smaller tighter community, but even then it just feels kind of shallow.

Plus the YouTubers themselves rarely ever reply back, you'll find yourself getting a 'heart' icon with a 4 word sentence haha. I'm getting close to turning off the comments/notification settings and just avoiding commenting all together to that cess pool. It's too distracting and extremely addictive.

Yeah, I hate that you almost have to comment immediately after a video is released or the uploader and their viewers would 80% of the time ignore your comments, with not a single soul even bothering to leave a like to acknowledge that they've read your comments. So it's like talking to a wall by yourself.

And when you join other popular comment chain with tons of likes, much like any other social media platform, you'll almost always run into some troll trying to attack you for your opinion. I have my problems with Reddit, but YouTube's toxicity is 10x worse.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

BabyYoda71

Does anyone else think IGN’s community (or at least the ones that comment) sucks? I’ve been following their stories about Batgirl’s cancellation because I find it interesting, but everyone who comments are racist, sexist and most of all, pessimistic.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Eel

The youtube comment experience:

comment:
"wow that was a nice video, good job!"
replies:
>"you are listed for winner hit me up on whatsapp"
>"Don't read my name"
>"my videos are better lol"
>"(recently deceased person) is in hell and deserved to die lolololol"
>"don't read my profile picture"
>"i have three girlfriends watch my videos"
>"wtf is up with the bots"
>"I know just report them"
>"don't read my name"
>"woah that's a lot of bots"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1Pineapple

@Eel 100% correct

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

@Eel
Let's not forget out-of-place outdated memes like" "I love it when that character said "It's morbin time!" Best part of the film."

@BabyYoda71
I mean, IGN's always been the Michael Bay of the "gaming journalism" world, so it follows that its community is just as shallow.

On a relevant note though, Batgirl's cancellation along with whatever's happening with the Flash movie (not to mention Amber Heard still being attached to the Aquaman sequel despite her scandals and accusations), it just seems like WB's on a losing streak ever since Batman v. Superman more than half a decade ago. I do agree that the IGN community's racist comments were definitely out of line, but I can kinda see where the pessimism is coming from. It's downhill from here for future DC films.

I can't recall the last DC film I actually liked. Even Marvel's most hated film recently, Eternals, I liked it more than the majority of people.

Edit: I checked out the Batgirl thread over at IGN and it tells me that most IGN users are DC fans.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Link-Hero

I don't have any social media and have no plans of getting one. They're just gimmicks that people fall for before something better or different comes along. I've been around long enough to remember Myspace as the massively popular website it once was before being overthrown by Facebook a few years later. The same thing is happening with Facebook, except it's taking a little bit longer due to the huge amount of boomers staying on the platform. Before long, Twitter, Snapchat, Tiktok, or whatever dumb service that's out there will become the dominant one.

I guess the only "social media" I have if you consider them one are Nintendolife, Reddit, and Discord. Nintendolife is for what everyone else is using the site for, everything Nintendo related. Reddit for just general stuff to keep up with news on specific topics and to get technical support. Discord is to follow many different types of groups, updates on games, and keep in contact with friends.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Maxenmus

@Link-Hero
I personally hate Discord because of my bad experiences with real-time conversations online that led to miscommunication, which is more likely to happen online since you don't see the other people's expression (and thus not knowing if they're joking or intentionally trying to hurt you). With real-time chat where you could instantly send a verbal retort to a hurtful remark, conflicts (and appropriately enough, discord) are more likely to happen in Discord IMO. But maybe it's just me and my anxiety.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Kermit1Pineapple

I'm glad I only have NintendoLife. Thank you Mother for never letting me get a Twitter or Facebook account.

On another note I find the anticipation of something more fun than the product I'm hyped up for. Anxiety is fun.

Here are some shots I took in Umurangi Generation
Untitled
Untitled

#TeamSlime

Snatcher

@Eel You forgot the reply wars arc.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp! Merry Christmas!

Link-Hero

@Maxenmus
I'm sorry to hear you went through a situation like that. I've been through something similar multiple times before on Discord, but it isn't their fault the miscommunication happened. Misunderstandings happen all the time no matter if it's in person or on a forum site. I do it on a regular basis since I have trouble with simple communication, and I know plenty of others that have trouble as well.

Link-Hero

Maxenmus

@Link-Hero
True, but forums lessen the chances for said miscommunication since you can't just type "enter" and send your angry thoughts. You actually have to manually move your hands away from your keyboard to your mouse and click "Post Reply". I guess it's much easier if you're typing on the phone, but on a PC Internet surfing setting, I think the pause between your thoughts and the delivery of said thoughts is enough to make you remember that there's a real person with feelings behind the forum user you're replying to.

I think the ability to just instantaneously tell someone their opinion is wrong just breeds a kind of environment where everyone could just hurl their thoughts regardless of each other's feelings. Stopgaps like moderators certainly help, and even though it's a few seconds' difference, I do think that it's a better solution to stifle that impulse-reply than no stifling. Really doesn't help that Discord actively discourages long-form replies (charging you extra to type more), so that means most people would just type short replies without any thought put into them. Forums encourage long-form replies, so while typing, you have more time to think about what you said, and whether if it's hurtful or not.

Maxenmus

Link-Hero

Kermit1 wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

Maxenmus wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

Emeralds wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

😯

im just goanna mess this up this little wonderful thing by leaving this here.
Untitled

PIGGY NOOO

Eh, I'm more of a beef guy anyway.

Chicken Penne is lovely

(Video)

I don't know, I like a bit of porking every once in a while if you know what I mean.

Link-Hero

Eel

@Snatcher

>”stolen comment”
>”great job copying someone else’s comment”
>”84620 32”
>”what”
>”well I personally believe (shocking thing)”
>”(quote of random bible verse).”
>”(atheist person rebutting the bible bot)”

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Maxenmus

@Eel
Oh man, don't get me started on random religious comments that have nothing to do with the video content.

Maxenmus

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus I know the ones... I normally don't comment or look at them...

#TeamSlime

Link-Hero

@Eel
Don't forget about the bots with extremely explicit avatars that advertise about "having a fun time" if you go to their channel or click a link. Spam has become such a problem on Youtube. Content creators that used to regularly upload videos on reading fan comments have stopped due to that. There's barely anything they can do and Youtube is refusing to fix the problem.

Link-Hero

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic