Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 62,981 to 63,000 of 96,481

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM @Mioaionios My favourite for sure is 6. I can't stress hard enough how perfect that summary is. Wouldn't change a word.

Also love how half of them are Star Wars but "this this that". Makes me wonder how lame the stories would have been if not for Star Wars.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mioaionios

@TheJGG
It's crazy how influential Star Wars was - and still is - to fantasy/sci-fi.

Mioaionios

BruceCM

They might have come up with the same stories without Star Wars, we'll never know, @TheJGG .... You'd presumably find the original inspirations if you went back through enough literature! There's arguably no completely 'original' ideas, anyway, depending how you look at it, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@Kermit1 That's what we're going to find out.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰(I ordered one) The details on that Menards link above say a 5 year warranty. Although, I think I've had a couple LED bulbs die before die before their warranty. But on average, they do last 2-3x+ longer than incandescent.

I would have ordered multiple bulbs, but I have to make sure I like this bulb before consider getting more. I didn't want to end up sitting on extra bulbs that I hate.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Mioaionios

@WoomyNNYes
Are you telling me incandescent bulbs are still the standard in the US?
They've been forbidden since 2013 in Europe.

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios same with Canada, but I might need to double check.

Sometimes Canada feels like an odd combo of the US and Europe.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

I was viewing Nintendo life without logging in and how did I find the light mode to be good.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

WoomyNNYes

@Mioaionios 60-150watt LED bulbs are easy to find & buy. But 3way LED bulbs in the US didn't exist over 150watt. The 50/200/250watt 3way incandescent bulb was a standard, but since there wasn't an LED alternative, the incandescent version is still made - although, they've been hard to find for 3-4+ years now.

This week was the first time I've seen a 3way LED bulb that goes over 150watt. All bulbs in the us are either single wattage, or 3way.

Regarding bulb standards/law in the US, I don't know much more. If an LED was available, that's always been the preference since they cost less to run, and last longer than incandescent bulbs. I never look for incandescent bulbs under 200watt, so I don't know if some lower wattage incandescent have been discontinued or not. There's also the Compact Fluorescent bulbs, but I haven't gotten one of those in over 3 years, since LED is the better bulb.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios the heat won't kill you, the humidity will.

In times like these I'm glad to live near the sea. (the sea breeze is lovely)

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic