Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,921 to 60,940 of 96,530

Fizza

@Kermit1 My friend had one of those when I was young. It's actually how I played a tiny bit of Pokemon Pearl growing up and I'll tell you something: it was a wild experience having all of these games in one place. It had stuff ranging from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, even bloody Brain Training! It was MADNESS I tell you. I would honestly love to get one of those today if I still had a DS purely for nostalgia's sake.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza 208, I mainly got the cartridge to be my end all be all of DS games (and I can add more)

dysgraphia awareness human

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Hey, send some of that rain this way! XD It's been pretty dry for the past week and a half. There actually is a chance early tomorrow morning.

I'm not against using a credit card in a pinch, but I usually stock up enough on eShop cards that it isn't a problem. I often wait for sales to grab many digital games, most of which are smaller indie or digital only titles anyway.

Nice, someone else who's familiar with MMHP! I admittedly haven't checked the site in some time since there hasn't been much in the Mega Man sphere, but I've used their game walkthroughs on occasion. Not sure how I'd feel about The Misadventures of Tron Bonne if it's just a collection of minigames, but I'd try it!

@BruceCM I owe you an apology. IRL has been crazy lately, so I never updated you on my XC2: Torna progress. I finished it a few nights afo. It's a very fun, condensed game. IMO its combat and more focused story are a step above base XC2. It's neat to learn about the world of Alrest 500 years ago and learn the motivations of characters who factor into the present day story. Onoi needing to focus on certain Blades meant I spent time grinding out their affinity trees! XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kermit1doesmath

TIL James Bond: Blood Stone is a game not a film

jedgamesguy

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, let's go! Winter 2023 release, and the directors are surprised with how fast development is going, and how highly motivated the staff is. I for one can wait, because I know this is gonna be a good, no, AMAZING game.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's awesome to hear you're enjoying them. Speaking of classic FPS games, I might have said this before, but I do want to give the original Doom games a try sometime. I do love old-school games anyway! As for Asphalt, all righty cool - I like having a controller when I play games like this, it's why I'm glad they're having courses from Mario Kart Tour come to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I know a lot of free-to-play games have stuff like microtransactions, can you at least play a good chunk of Asphalt without shelling out cash? Or is it for all purely cosmetic cars and stuff? That's my only concern.

Yeah, Tetris Effect came out on Switch last year, if memory serves me correctly. And as much as I like Tetris 99, I think I like Tetris Effect even more - it's that good!

@Tyranexx I would love to! I don't exactly have any magical powers or anything, but I'll try my best. Hopefully you'll get rain, at least somehow. Maybe even a rainbow.

I've used MMHP's walkthroughs sometimes as well, and it is a pretty in-depth site when it comes to all things Mega Man. Yeah, it hasn't been updated too often, probably because there hasn't been too much of any new MM releases and stuff. Totally unlike the 2000s when Mega Man games were everywhere, lol. Yeah, I'd probably give that game a shot at some point as well. I do have MML1 and 2, at least.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

Glad you enjoyed it, @Tyranexx ... Best wishes for the RL stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Kermit1doesmath

Me and the boys walking into GameStop
Untitled

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Definitely, played quite a bit of Strike Commander today. It's an air combat sim, but feels like a mix of simulation with arcade elements in it. Took some practice, I think I got the hang of it. Do so, it's on Switch, but I recommend Classic Doom more on PC. Mostly because there's almost 30 years of content online for it. I was playing old user made Doom levels from 1994-1996 last fall.

Yeah, it's possible to play without spending any money. The Starter Pack DLC cars, I unlocked all of them from playing. I did buy a few holiday packs by choice because of a sale, beyond that, it's optional. Doing the daily goals often helps you build up the blue tokens needed for packs and stuff.

Cool, I'm surprise I don't remember the announcement since I usually check here and a few other Nintendo news sites frequently throughout the day.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Fizza

Tyranexx wrote:

Hey, send some of that rain this way! XD It's been pretty dry for the past week and a half. There actually is a chance early tomorrow morning.

Can we swap weather please? Ireland is very much living to it's stereotype of being wet, wet and more wet as of late and I'd personally like to go to the beach sometime this month.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Been raining for three days for me, I will do anything right now for a bit of sun.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

....I think I can officially say my sleep issues are back. After a few consecutive days of not sleeping well, coupled with a new symptom of briefly not being able to breathe just as I was drifting off early this morning...I went to the doctor. Hopefully an in-home sleep study we're scheduling sheds some light. If not, we'll explore other avenues. This seriously sucks; I hadn't had sleep issues in years until a few months ago.

@MarioLover92 OhohoHO! I gotta be careful what I wish for. We definitely got rain! 5 inches worth! Overall I'm glad since we did need it, but the downside is that it rolled in with some pretty hefty storms. Power outages (mine kicked off for a moment, then back on), downed trees, flash flooding....I'm sure it was fun for many people to make it to work today. The accompanying noise also didn't improve what was already a cruddy sleep night.

Precisely; MMHP goes into some fine detail. It's actually how I learned about more obscure Mega Man titles. I don't blame the person(s) running the site for not providing a ton of updates. Any certain IRL scenarios aside, as you mentioned there haven't been a lot of new Mega Man games in recent years. Just a ton of welcome collections!

@BruceCM Thanks! Now I'm ready for XC3 when I get to it. If not day one, then fairly close.

@Fizza Until the deluge we received this morning, I would've swapped my Midwestern weather with Ireland for a couple of days lol. You're probably better off sending that rain to the western/southwestern US; they're in the middle of a several-year drought that hasn't seen much relief.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I’m sorry to hear about your sleeps issues, and I hope it gets better soon, Hopes that you sleep better tonight!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

CurryPowderKeg79

@Kermit1 The one and only Gonzo!!!

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Sunsy

@Kermit1 @CurryPowderKeg79 I read these in their voices, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic