Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,781 to 60,800 of 96,571

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
I don't like FORZA either. Never like ultra realistic driving games.

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

@Anti-Matter I only like the Forza Horizon series of games there a really good mix of sim and arcade.

(mainly because in the game you can drive a peel trident)

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

StarPoint

@Anti-Matter Microsoft doesn't own Tunic, it's an indie game that just had timed console exclusivity. Sort of like Hollow Knight when it first came out.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Anti-Matter

@StarPoint
I see.
But when I see Microsoft doesn't want to make their exclusives like Kinect XBOX 360, I have ZERO reason to consider XBOX Series X, I mean I can get all the 3rd party multi console games on PS4 / PS5 easier from my country.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Eel, @MarioLover92 Thank you. I'm admittedly not too shocked by the diagnosis per se - he was a closet smoker for much of his life - but usually the decline is more gradual. It was affecting his frontal lobe to where he could barely walk. For the brief time he was home last week, it took three able-bodied people to get him into the house safely. It has definitely been hard on my aunt, cousins, and their children/grandchildren. In some ways, it's hard on me too; he was my godfather, and I've always enjoyed his company. More than anything, I'm just glad his suffering wasn't too prolonged.

@MarioLover92 I'm a theme park fiend. I especially lover roller coasters, but I'll ride about anything as long as it doesn't spin with too much force. I don't become ill; a ton of pressure typically builds up in my head to the point where I usually spend the rest of the day with a headache. As for tabletop gaming, I'm relatively new to it. D&D is my first experience with it. I was gonna join a Pathfinder game in college with some students in my program, but we could never quite coordinate our schedules.

@Tasuki Awesome! I'm glad your group was able to find a day that works for everyone. Sometimes, that's half the battle. I hope it's a very good session!

@Ralizah I hope you feel better soon! I've heard it takes some people on a weird ride. I haven't had it to my knowledge, though there were a couple of close calls.

@tekoii I do agree that the MMX series has a leg up over the original series IMO. I can't speak for the Zero and ZX series, but from what I understand they're in the same vein. I forgot about the Capcom presentation! It might be a bit much to wish for a Battle Network collection, but who knows? They've made collections for about everything else!...except the Legends series, which I'd also like to try.

I tried for the XC3 SE, but no luck. /GrumpGrump I had as much luck as everyone complaining on Twitter and the comments section of the NL article about pre-orders going up.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
Eh, unfortunately only PS4 & PS5 version has been announced will get the physical release from play-asia.

Anti-Matter

blindsquirrel

@Anti-Matter
It was a timed exclusive. Like octopus traveler, hollow knight, monster Hunter rise, etc.
But I do agree that Microsoft has very little to offer.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

MarioVillager92

@Ralizah You're very welcome!

@tekoii That's very true, you can't really apply tips to your gameplay if you don't hear about them. That's why I'm trying out new ways to drift in Mario Kart. As for Skies of Arcadia, yeah...that's kind of disappointing that it didn't come out on other platforms. I did a quick search on eBay, and my goodness, many of the listings are super expensive. A remaster would be nice right about now, Sega! lol

@Tyranexx You're welcome. Ah...that must be really rough on him - poor guy. I can see why it's been hard on you and everyone you've mentioned.

Yes, I do remember that you're quite a huge fan of roller coasters. I can see why you're not into stuff like teacup rides and tilt-a-whirls, they can spin quite a lot and they're pretty fast to boot! All right, I see. I've heard of D&D many times before, at the very least. The closest I ever got was board games like Monopoly. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

The only blot on a really good Saturday was that I learned an uncle was hospitalized again after getting out about a week before. To congest a long story, it was discovered way too late that he had lung cancer and that it had already went to his brain. He'd been having some health issues for awhile, but a lot of it was originally chalked up to age and his type 1 diabetes. He declined pretty quickly and passed away yesterday afternoon. I'm glad it wasn't weeks upon weeks of misery for the poor guy, but this is still pretty sudden. I'm still processing it all.

Sorry for only seeing it now; I've had a pretty exam heavy week. But my apologies, that's awful to hear, truly. My condolences to you and your family, it's a shame it wasn't caught earlier. Losing family's always very difficult so... I hope you find the time to grieve, but also try to keep moving forward (Meet the Robinsons quote). My grandad's been living with cancer for the last six or seven years but he's on chemo, so... for now it's being contained as best it can. But best wishes anyhow.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Kermit1doesmath

Summer games fest... happened today, this was my favorite part of the day 1.

edit a little to the left looks awesome!

Animal Well looks AMAZING

Nalad looks good!

Fizza

Well, Summer Games Fest was...uh....you know what, I'll just let this video do the talking. Pretty much sums it up.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

SCHiM... I need this game in my life now! lol

Goodbye World YES x8

why is it almost all these indie games were made for me in summer game fest!

tekoii

@Tyranexx Yea.. I feel like I need some more MMX vibes in my life lol. Oh yea, that Capcom presentation.. fingers crossed on some goodies If we do get a Battle Net connect, I know you'd be ecstatic! Same! It would be nice to get some of those Legends games... or even that one RPG of Megaman lol. Yup.. we all share a common destiny: Not owning the XC3 SE. Bah, oh well. At least our fandoms gettin fed and fed well! Also... my video sums it up a bit lol.

@MarioLover92 Ahh man soon it'd be even harder to compete with ya lol. Yea... it really is, if Sega does do a remaster or something... I am Day One hype af lol. I mean you know, I made a whole video crossing it over with XC2, for crying out loud. But yea man.. those prices are insane, this is why we need remasters, or emulation.

So yesterday was kinda like:

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Kermit1doesmath

@jump your evil, please never do that again... please for the children... someone send help I... I'm typing this here so "he" won't find me...

sidenote why when I do shift 2 I get " and not @ (I'm on a chromebook btw)

Kermit1doesmath

@jump I've never been scared of anything since I saw The Dark Crystal.... but that truly scared me.... I don't jump scare easily....

Fizza

So I've been rewatching some old Pokemon episodes through Pokemon TV and it made me remember a thought I've had for a long time: if there was ever a Pokemon I wouldn't want to be real, it's Galvantula.
Untitled
I love Galvantula as a Pokemon: great type, cool take on a spider Pokemon and pretty alright as a fast offensive hazard setter in competitive. However, they would be absolutely terrifying to have in real life. You could argue that Ariados would be worse since it's a giant poisonous spider, however poisonous spiders are much more common in our own world and thus could be dealt with using anti-venom and natural common sense. Galvantula on the other hand could just decide you don't get to live anymore since it can fire concentrated blasts of pure electricity at alarming speeds whilst also webbing you up so you can't move.

Also, have you seen how GIGANTIC this mon is for a spider?!
Untitled
2ft 7in is massive for something this deadly!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@Kermit1 is The Dark Crystal scary? I thought it was puppets singing and dancing.

If you really want to see a tense scary film try It Follows or Oculus.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoByNature

@jump it follows is really underrated. One of the better and more unique horror films in recent memory. Really scratched that 80s horror film vibe I love.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic