Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,761 to 60,780 of 96,511

Fizza

Kermit1 wrote:

@Sunsy One time I went to my local arcade and it had Doodle Jump the arcade game... Long story short I was so good I almost broke the machine with how many tickets I won, they were paper tickets btw.
(i won like 5k)

THERE WAS A WHAT.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

We have them here in most bowling alleys or arcades inn. Mobile games on the large screen. Crossy roads. Doodle jump and flappy birds. Can’t really say people were queuing up to insert coins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza it's kinda weird how many moblie games are getting arcade versions

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

@Kermit1 I played that game so much growing up on my household's IPad. Is it on the Google Play Store? I might have to indulge in it once again if so.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah! That Sega CD model 2 startup is quite chill too. That's cool you knew someone who had it - I think I mentioned this before, but my uncle had a Sega Saturn back in the day. I'm curious, what games do you remember playing on the Sega Channel? I do remember there were a few exclusive games on it, namely Mega Man: The Wily Wars and Pulseman. (Fun fact: the latter was made by Game Freak.)

Ah yeah, speaking of Pokemon stickers, my younger brother plastered our original DS with them, lol. The one that's platinum and came with the Metroid Prime Hunters demo. That's cool, so you're also less likely to lose them I think. I remember taking that Mario 3DS case with me quite a bit when it was current. That was when I had my original 3DS XL, before I upgraded to the new model.

@Anti-Matter Hey thanks for showing me the video. It does look quite a bit different from the main LM games with that first-person perspective, that's for sure!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

I know I asked in the Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Thread, but can anyone trade me the remaining Pokemon I need for my pokedex. All I need is the Let's Go Eevee exclusives and both games trade evos

Tyranexx

I'm (mostly) recovered from my weekend now; it helped that I took a planned day off work yesterday. I went with my siblings and bro-in-law to a theme park in a neighboring state; it was a bit of a drive, far enough that I would've spent the night somewhere if it was just me. But some of us had to be back Sunday. I've had my fill of roller coasters...for a month or two. XD Sunday was more of the usual, plus some family friends were visiting from out of state. Then I went to a D&D session late Sunday afternoon/evening. I was dead enough after both of those days that I slept GREAT...until last night again. Hopefully my activity level was enough today (kinda vegged yesterday, but my body was pretty sore from the weekend) that I can sleep decently again.

The only blot on a really good Saturday was that I learned an uncle was hospitalized again after getting out about a week before. To congest a long story, it was discovered way too late that he had lung cancer and that it had already went to his brain. He'd been having some health issues for awhile, but a lot of it was originally chalked up to age and his type 1 diabetes. He declined pretty quickly and passed away yesterday afternoon. I'm glad it wasn't weeks upon weeks of misery for the poor guy, but this is still pretty sudden. I'm still processing it all.

@MarioLover92 ...It's a testament to how tired I was last time I posted that I didn't realize autocorrect failed on my phone. I can't recall what that nonsense bit was supposed to be. Apologies.

But yes, it was a very good day/weekend other than what I outlined above. My theme park rush is satisfied for at least a couple of months, and I did get to do some tabletop gaming Sunday.

@Tasuki Oof. Yep, those schedules can change constantly. Fingers crossed your group can find a decent night to play every month or so.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

Interesting update on my covid infection.

So, through the course of the disease, when I was testing positive, I felt... well, not fine, but not horrendously sick, either. A bad cough, and a complete loss of smell and a tremendous dulling of the ability to taste anything other than basic qualities of flavor (spicy, salty, sweet, etc.), but, other than a few uncomfortable night on the trip, it was just like any other old cold.

I've actually been testing negative for about two days now. But these two days have also marked a pretty massive uptick in symptoms. My nose and throat are so clogged with mucus that I haven't been able to sleep since the day before yesterday, as I have a hard time breathing in anything other than a sitting position. My cough is violent and constant, to the point where I'm choking half the time I do it. What was a small bit of tiredness just days ago is now full-blown exhaustion. I'm even running a small fever atm. The smell/taste are still gone, of course, and I don't expect them back for a while, as I've shown no improvement on my front while my sister and brother-in-law have both partially retained their ability to smell stuff.

So, still "mild" symptoms, but pretty miserable compared to when I was positive and actively infectious. Thankfully, my blood O2 has remained pretty high, so unless something changes, I don't expect the need for any hospital visits.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

@Kermit1 I haven't really touched the switch since our trade, so it was someone else

@Tyranexx it's always tough, and scary, when something like that happens. The suddenness of it all once a diagnostic is given, it's as if the news themselves were a curtain being lifted. My condoleces to the entire family.

@Ralizah from what I hear it's usually like that, it gets worse in the second half. Sounds like you're getting a rather full set of symptoms, hope it goes away quickly now that you're in the tail end of it!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@Tyranexx We are actually going to play this Sunday since I happen to have it off so that will be nice. As I said we have a summary so we won't be confused if we are forced to take long breaks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Oh no...really sorry to hear about the uncle. My deepest condolences. It's always really difficult to lose a loved one.

No worries, that's totally fine. Glad you got to enjoy the theme park and tabletop gaming. What are some of your favorite tabletop games? Sounds like something that I'd be into.

@Ralizah Just wanted to say that I hope you feel all better real soon!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

@Ralizah your welcome, COVID's can be a -redacted- at times

Recently I've been trying to get all my Pokedex's completed before SV, right now I've got Arceus and Let's Go (thanks, @Eel again), so I only got one left that being Sword and it's two DLC. I've got to say coming back to complete all them is super fun.

So if anyone can help me with Sword & maybe both DLC's Pokedex's. Just @ me and I will give you a list.

edit i only need trade evos and some version exclusives

edit two, please and thank you

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

blindsquirrel

I just saw an ad for a kart racer featuring the king of the hill characters. Just imagine racing around as hank hill, or dale gribble.

It is on Apple Arcade if you are interested.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

tekoii

Guys, Panzer Dragoon is on sale for $2.49 on the E-Shop, lowest price I've seen on it!

@Anti-Matter Yea! Stepmania is amazing and I'm super happy it exists, it's the only DDR I really have. DDR A3 is Japan only right? Aye, woulda been nice here in the US too.

Ahh the ole life / farm sim genre. I do love Animal Crossing New Horizons, it's just I've dropped off pretty hard, maybe some day I can get back in before a new one comes out. With Story of Seasons, I haven't been really looking at it. I know there are some really good ones right now like Stardew Valley.
This isn't really farming or a life sim, but I do wanna play some Terraria. I started that long ago and LOVED it but stopped really early on.

@MarioLover92 Oh yea definitely, but having the tips in mind to then use in game is what'll make the difference! And right, that is the same way life is. Yea, SoA only had the release on those two which makes playing them difficult. I hope that the ramblings coming from Sega working on stuff, includes SoA! I mean Vyse is in Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed, damn it.

@Sunsy Oh yea they can be >u<;; Oh naw, my name is tekoiiYT on Switch. But yea, send me a friend request and we'll play sometime! Btw do you have discord??

@Tyranexx I do remember X being pretty hard but I did conquer a few bosses back then. I do love the X series for it's run, gun, and dash gameplay. So fast and fluid. It would be amazing if we saw anything in the Battle Network subseries. We can only hope, looking at you XCX. We have that Capcom presentation next Monday, so who knows!? Maybe just maybe, we see more of the blue bomber!

On a side note, noone got a Special Edition of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, eh?

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

Untitled

So, what is the meaning of this? 🙄
Microsoft release their "exclusive" Tunic to PS5 ??
Basically Microsoft shoot on their foot by make Tunic became multi consoles game.
I said it again, Microsoft have NO games from XBOX Series machines.
This is so ironic to let Sony and Nintendo got the exclusive from Microsoft because when their exclusive on other machines, I have ZERO reason to consider XBOX Series X. I can get the PS5 version instead.
I genuinely don't like Microsoft from their business approach like that.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic