Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,741 to 55,760 of 56,477

TheJGG

@Sunsy My thoughts exactly, I'm going to really enjoy seeing him in action.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
KH III (PS4)
No Man's Sky (PS5)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I usually try to catch the Nintendo Directs on NL. It's often fun watching it with NL's chat messenger and NL users.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Ni'tendo liker
Rocket League (platinum III/diamond I - 3v3)

MarioLover92

@Eel Wonder how that Mario movie will turn out with those roles - I was totally thinking that Charles Martinet would still voice Mario. Turns out I was wrong. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

reporterdavid
  • What a direct. Offcourse, for me , as one who did allready do animation; its a shame that Charles will not do Mario etc. There might be a change he might do Waluigi, Wario , Baby Mario and Baby Luigi but yeah... idk. Movie coming end of the year (christmas movie then...) @MarioLover92 yep me too. @Eel yeah... @Sunsy hmm... yeah he might be fittable. @Eel There is quality and quantity
  • Animal Crossing direct coming in October! Wow...
  • The last brawler. also in October. Might it be Waluigi? Crash Bandicoot? Who knows!
  • Kirby goes to the City, like Mario. Fun. Who is next? Donkey Kong?
  • GBA games like Castlevania are welcome....
  • N64 and Sega Genesis on the homeconsole of Nintendo. Who would have thought that in the 90's? Extra fee, alright, but not to much please... although playing Super Mario 64 is awesome. And Star Fox and Fzero...
  • Never played Bayonetta. But you see, like Metroid Dread (21 years in the making), publishers might let you wait for 7 years, but you get it. Eventually.

These are my thoughts.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

Sunsy

Favorite parts of the Direct: the new Kirby game, Chocobo GP, the Super Mario movie cast, and Bayonetta 3. These three reveals caught my attention the most. Also new Metroid Dread footage.

Least favorite part: New tier for Nintendo Switch Online. I'm a PC gamer too, so you probably can guess how I feel about paid online multiplayer (I can play online games on PC, no additional cost beyond buying said game). With that said, I do like the idea of a classics subscription service, and if NSO was more that than an online requirement, I think I would have a more positive opinion on it.

Honestly, I would have liked GBA games. I have the Sonic Advance games, and the only way I can play them is on GBA or 3DS. I already have Genesis classics on Switch, some Genesis games on Steam, and Sonic 1 on everything except Wii U.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Eel

@MarioLover92 it's probably better for him to avoid long-form Mario voice acting, we don't want him to strain his voice and lose all his woohoos and yippees for a movie.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioLover92

@Eel You raise a good point for sure, Martinet's probably better off just voicing Mario in the games themselves. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

@Sunsy I'm pretty excited for that Kirby game as well, the series has been strictly 2D for the longest time and it'll be interesting to see what they do with Kirby in a 3D space. The Nintendo 64 games are definitely a cool bonus for NSO's expansion pass, but I don't think the Genesis games are necessary. I mean, the Switch already got a Genesis collection a while ago. Why not put in Game Boy games instead? Or GBA games as you've mentioned? Those would have been a perfect fit for a system that's both a home console and a handheld.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

reporterdavid

What would Cranky Kong do in the movie?

With Chriss Pratt it might become Jurassic Peach.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

X-Slayer

It’s nice to see Kirby jump to 3D. Also, I am happy to see that Mario Tennis (64) will be sooner or later in the N64 Expansion.

The World of ZDR, is changing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Metroid Dread (mid frequently)
Pokémon Y (mid frequently)
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pokémon Gold (3DS)

Snatcher

@Eel TBH I think after 2 hours people might get sick of his voice if he was playing mario, there probably going to have him voice wario or somthin.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

reporterdavid

Nintendo is filling up the Switch with old goldies. Good to see.

Losermagnet

Chris Pratt as Mario was the biggest surprise of the direct for me. It actually has me more concerned about the direction of the movie than i was before. Keegan-Michael Key as Toad will probably be an insufferable joke character. I'll still watch it though.

Kirby looks good, and I'm happy that we know about Animal Crossing DLC. Oh and the Castlevania Collection looks awesome. Everything else seemed decent, just not really to my interests. The only bad thing was the new Nintendo Switch service. I kept asking the tv "how much?"

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Sunsy

@TheJGG I really want to hear his Bowser so badly now, lol.

@MarioLover92 I'm really curious as I've always wanted to see a Kirby game in 3D. I did rent Air Ride years ago, which was fun and 3D, but it was racing. Speaking of racing, I want to try Chocobo GP, I remember seeing Chocobo Racing in old magazines, it had me curious, even if this may be a new game.

I may wait and see if it's worth upgrading for those games or not. I'm lost with the Genesis games for the same reason you said, and it does have online play. I even have some Sega Classics on Steam, and that's the same version as Switch. Only difference is subscription isn't needed for the online play obviously, one of the things I love about PC gaming online. As for N64, I have about half of those on my Wii U (Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and Yoshi's Story).

Even though I'm a PC gamer, critical over paid online multiplayer, I do like the idea of a service where you pay annually to play all the classic games you want. GBA games would have made me consider upgrading. My GBA still gets used regularly too. Right next to my PC, I have a case with Mario Kart Super Circuit, Puyo Pop, and Sonic Battle, with Sonic Advance 3 in my GBA. I agree with Game Boy and GBA games on Switch, it makes sense.

Maybe a small announcement, I'm also happy for Arcade Archives Pac-Man. I like Pac-Man, so that's cool to see get added, even if it's not a major game.

@Losermagnet I can literally hear your avatar... FEED ME!!!

Edit: fixed a sentence in my post.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Tyranexx

Overall, that was a decent Direct. Nothing to make me run out and buy something day one that we didn't already know about - that spot still goes to Metroid Dread - but there was something for almost everyone. In terms of new reveals, I'm most excited about Kirby and the Forgotten Land ironically. A few years ago, I wouldn't have touched a Kirby game...until I played Kirby Superstar. It seriously looks like a very good game, and I'm attracted to the dystopian concept. Other highlights for me were Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (Likely will wait for the physical release), Triangle Strategy (Cautiously optimistic, though it'll be awhile before I get to it anyway), and the Sunbreaker DLC for Monster Hunter: Rise. (Not sure yet if I'll dive into it tbh, but it looks cool!). Chapter 2 of Deltarune gets a passing mention (Still need to play Chapter 1...or Undertale) since it looks intriguing.

While I'm not a Bayonetta or Splatoon fan and only have a casual interest in Star Wars, I'm very happy for fans of those franchises.

Sunsy wrote:

I laughed so hard at Jack Black getting the role of Bowser. Somehow, I'm ok with this, lol.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. It's one of the reasons why I'm comfortable with most of the movie's casting. I haven't written it off yet; as with games and other movies, I want to wait on feedback first, maybe even see it for myself anyway. I do agree that Chris Pratt as Mario is weird, but to be fair...have we ever heard Martinet speak a ton of lines for Mario? I don't mind Mario's sound bits, but that's usually just what they are.

Eel wrote:

reporterdavid wrote:

What would Cranky Kong do in the movie?

Complain

Nailed it! And say how much better he is at everything than DK (and probably Mario) lol.

@Snatcher Hope you enjoy it! Looking forward to your own feedback!

@MarioLover92 No prob; it's an open discussion, after all! I passed over Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings for it, but to be fair Free Guy had a slightly more manageable showtime. Beauty and the Beast has some of my favorite Disney songs, such as "Be Our Guest", "Gaston", the "Mob Song", and (unironically) "Little Town"/"Belle". Your friend described the live action Lion King well; it isn't bad and has some very cool visual effects, but it's average at best. They also completely butchered "Be Prepared". I do hope you get around to some of those recommendations! I actually didn't see A Goofy Movie until a few years ago and really enjoyed it; I didn't have much exposure to the show it's attached to back in the day (No Disney channel access as a kid besides when their cartoons took over the local ABC station on Saturday mornings) but did ironically see An Extremely Goofy Movie at some point.

@tekoii There are also no refunds, so IMO I'd find that to be even more of a blow. XD Some reactions are priceless though; you'd be surprised how many people use other members of their group as "meat shields", so to speak. Then there are the screamers, the wienies, the people who try to sprint through the whole thing (We're trained to try to keep the groups split up if we can for crowd control and safety reasons, but that's easier said than done sometimes), or conversely go through so slowly that you're aching to push them into the next room lol. The worst part with lighter guy is that he came in with some kids. It's not often we have to deal with problems like that; usually security and our line actors (They're there to entertain, but they low-key evaluate individuals and groups for us to see if they might be a problem) are pretty good at keeping the drunk and dangerous individuals out of the actual house, or else they have a security chaperone with them.

To answer an earlier question I noticed...I watched the Direct at home! Barely, just made it home with two minutes to spare.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Luigi's Mansion 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Losermagnet

@Sunsy i'm happy someone recognizes the wonderful Audrey II 😁 I've been a little obsessed with the movie lately, singing the soundtrack and whatnot.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Oh I got alot to say, but first, I need to gather my thoughts.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

When I read the comments about Chocobo GP (Chocobo Racing), I saw some negativity there from calling it cheap clones, not liking Final Fantasy, rip off, underperformed, etc.
I don't understand with mindset of some Nintendo gamers that still persistently praise Mario Kart games model but despise the clones by 3rd party developers.
I mean, in my opinion as a PlayStation gamer also during my teenhood, the clones by 3rd party developers were not always bad as peoples thought. It just peoples never give a chance to let other kart racing games to shine, keep thinking Mario Kart games as the only worthy model of games to play.
In my unpopular opinion also, Mod Nation Racers PS3 had some better features than Mario Kart games but some peoples still despise that game.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Indeed, I'm really curious about how they will sound. I'm now trying to imagine Jack Black as Bowser, lol.

@Losermagnet Definitely! It's a great movie, seen it several times over the years.

Anti-Matter wrote:

I don't understand with mindset of some Nintendo gamers that still persistently praise Mario Kart games model but despise the clones by 3rd party developers.

While I don't have this mindset, Team Sonic Racing is one of my favorite racing games on Switch and PC (got it cheap awhile back due to sale), I tend to love kart racers. I also have Crash Team Racing, and the Sonic & All-Stars Series in addition to the Mario Kart games.

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I will get Team Sonic Racing PS4 at the end of year 2021 as I keep delaying to purchase PS4 / Switch games during this year in order for me to build my Gamecube, Wii and Wii U games library.

BTW, about Mario movie.
Jack Black as Bowser, Bowser will sounds like Kung Fu Panda. 🤭
I wonder if in Mario movie 2022, all characters will literally talking, not just grunting (Oh, Agh, Ew, Huh, etc) or speaking with signature quotes (Mario = It's me Mario, Okay Dokey, Mamma Mia, Wuaaahahahaha...).

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic