Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 55,621 to 55,640 of 96,530

reporterdavid

Happy Pets day! Yahoo!

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Anti-Matter

I was laughing at myself when i found my first post since 19 May 2016, i joined on this website.
My comments and posts during that year was really silly to read.
To see myself as 32 years old man during year 2016, i was very stubborn and really hate Sony (PS4 & PS3) before i developed more interest with never before played games on PS3 & PS4 yet still safe for kids and teenager.
I ate my words about hating Sony when i found more interesting kids games on PS3 & PS4 during year 2020.
Now, i like my PS3 & PS4 games even more as i found more kids games with genre of my favorite games like on Wii and NDS.
I admitted i was still naive and not getting along well with some Western franchises.
But as i grew up, my interest changed slowly and i developed new interest from never before interested then suddenly i have interest with those things.
Now i support both Nintendo and Sony games like there is no competition at all. They are complementing each other and my games collection grew even bigger after i expanded my PS3 & PS4 games library.
I really appreciate to Nintendolife staffs and the users here who still trust me if i can develop my better behaviour.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

I tried Ceylon Cinnamon recently. Oof, I really didn't like it. I didn't think it would taste so different than the cinnamon commonly sold here in the US; I believe Cassia Cinnamon is what's sold in north america?

You're growing up so fast @Anti-Matter!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

Apparently our government is banning a particular brand of instant noodles. So of course people are buying all of them like ravenous beasts.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

@Link-Hero If I had to guess, it would be related to the Styrofoam packaging, since people tend to microwave them, and that's bad. And they have high contents of sodium and stuff.

But so far I don't know the exact reason.

Edit: Apparently their main reason is just that they're shady and unhealthy in general. And it's not only one brand, but a large selection of similar products.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

WoomyNNYes

Article regarding Mexico banning certain unhealthy noodles flavors, brands.
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/388994

Sounds like Mexcio is targeting cheap, very unhealthy food. If they are consumed daily, they have direct & serious health consequences - obesity, diabeties, etc. If you track obesity related health issues & death rates in the US since the around the 1970s-ish?, they directly correspond with the influx of cheap, highly processed, foods, soda - their lack of nutritional value & fiber, ridiculously high sodium are deadly over long term. Highly processed = removing/destroying fiber & nutrients. Everywhere highly processed foods or western foods take hold, obesity rates soar, serious health issues & increased deaths follow.

edit: fiber is an antidote to sugar & highly processed flour/foods. Remove fiber and nutrients, and you're basically eating slow (great tasting) poison.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Yeah, man. They are good! That article sounded like they will target specific flavors/brands. I'm curious to know specifically which instant noodles flavors/brands may not be banned. Maybe some decent ones will remain? If you ever see an article with details, I'd like to see them. I can use google translate to translate spanish articles to english.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes I'm sure there's many brands that sell instant noodles with actual nutritional value, and healthier flavoring agents... But I do expect most of them to come with excess sodium, since it's part of the preserving process.

We don't really eat instant noodles that often though, so I don't know which ones would those be.

As for articles, that one summarizes what we know so far, the government hasn't really shared a lot about the subject yet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

On a bit of a related topic, you know how the USA has those frozen TV dinners that come with a full plate of [sodium shaped like] food? Those aren't sold here either. I've never seen a frozen TV dinner here in Mexico.

Which makes me a bit jelly because some of them look fun.

Edit: Lunchables too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Why? Edit: you already said why LMAO my bad.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ryu_Niiyama

Eel wrote:

Apparently our government is banning a particular brand of instant noodles. So of course people are buying all of them like ravenous beasts.

Wait what? Somebody tell the US to do that! (of course idiots would storm the capital again if that happened...) I was on the way to the grocery store friday and I saw some kids get off a school bus... they are not being fed healthy food.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

reporterdavid

29 minutes till the NL spotlight

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

tekoii

Right right! Let's go.. might be useful for me.. I been outta the loop with indies these days ><

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

It will be aired Live ?
I didn't find any link from Nintendo.

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Thanks bud, ya got me in the right direction! Got that Toree 2 downloaded and ready to go

That Nintendo Life Direct is fun and cool cause we gather as a community live.. also, every game was a banger but it felt kind of short, even a 5-10 minute discussion post-direct would have helped a bunch!

I appreciate it but that's what I think would make it better!

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic